Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The wingnuts will argue that torture is justified in the pursuit of national security. But what have we gained from the torture? The war in Iraq spirals out of control with no respite in sight while the US loses international support for its campaign. And the loss of moral leadership will be felt for years to come, as brutal regimes cite the US example to justify their own torture and abuses in the name of fighting domestic "terrorism". Meanwhile, US coalition building will be crippled for years to come as the American pariah becomes increasingly toxic to the rest of the world.

The neocons wanted to give the world a middle finger and prove it could carry out its international agenda on its own, with little international cooperation. The middle finger part worked splendidly, and continus to bear fruit. The "no international cooperation" part, well, has been a bit more problematic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop using big words to make yourself look smarter. Respite doesnt work well there. Respite speaks of a temporary break - which is clearly not what you are looking for. You are looking for the end. That isnt what Respite denotates.

What you are blaming Republicans for is exactly what John Kerry wants to do in NKorea. But you are probably for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell that to any new parent. BELIEVE ME, the wood chipper would be less painful!
    Amen Ed, Amen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The wingnuts will argue that torture is justified in the pursuit of national security. But what have we gained from the torture? The war in Iraq spirals out of control with no respite in sight while the US loses international support for its campaign.
    Guess we have to step up the torture then!

You are such an ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess we have to step up the torture then!
    One definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior over and over, yet expecting a different result.

Who is this guy, again? travis2's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep...behavior I've seen from the Left for many years now. I'm glad you agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not idealogically biased Travis. There is plenty of bad behavior on both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior over and over, yet expecting a different result.
    It was a sarcastic remark. Especially considering most of what's been described hardly qualifies as torture.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is plenty of bad behavior on both sides.
    Here's one for you ex. Give me an example of good behavior exhibited by the "insurgents."

Have they built any schools in Iraq? Paved any roads? Sat at the negotiation table? Handed out candy to Iraqi children? Have any "insurgents" ran to the middle of a bridge, under withering enemy fire, to save an innocent Iraqi grandmother? Name one good thing the "insurgents" have done in Iraq. Just one.

Your moral equivalency argument is stupid. The U.S. and its coalition partners haven't done anything that remotely approaches the atrocities committed by those with whom we are doing battle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially considering most of what's been described hardly qualifies as torture.
    Is Chinese water torture actually torture? It doesn't hurt much, but has been proven to drive people insane. You can actually die if deprived of REM sleep for a long enough period of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be careful reaching like that, you might hurt yourself.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Chinese water torture actually torture? It doesn't hurt much, but has been proven to drive people insane. You can actually die if deprived of REM sleep for a long enough period of time.
    So, are their prisoners that have been driven insane or died from sleep deprivation? No? So STFU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop using big words to make yourself look smarter.

Sorry, I'll drop my IQ a few points so that my posts don't sail over your head!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be careful reaching like that, you might hurt yourself.
    Actually, Ex isn't reaching. Sleep deprivation, and for sure, smearing someone in feces, building human pyramids of naked flesh, and torturing some victims to death is very much against the Geneva Convention.

I say we do give the same treatment to all these sick mother- ers that think this isn't torture. Let's start with Uncle Donnie and Yonivore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, Ex isn't reaching. Sleep deprivation, and for sure, smearing someone in feces, building human pyramids of naked flesh, and torturing some victims to death is very much against the Geneva Convention.

I say we do give the same treatment to all these sick mother- ers that think this isn't torture. Let's start with Uncle Donnie and Yonivore.
    I say you keep your sexual fantasies to yourself.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smearing someone in feces, building human pyramids of naked flesh, and torturing some victims to death is very much against the Geneva Convention.
    I say we stick to the methods named specifically in the report.

Thread Information