Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Paris Hilton typifies everything that is eating away away the core of our society. She is the antichrist.

I hope she gets shanked.

Crowned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not that I expect anyone to answer this objectively, but take your personal thoughts of her out of this. Do you really think what she did is worth 45 days in jail?

The DUI, sure - but it was probation for that. But, 45 days in jail for driving without a license? If it wasn't Paris Hilton, doesn't anyone think that sentence would be a little harsh? Take her name out of it, and see if you wouldn't think it's going overboard.

And I know her, and celebrities get away with a sickening amount for just being famous - but I'm just talking about this case.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Not that I expect anyone to answer this objectively, but take your personal thoughts of her out of this. Do you really think what she did is worth 45 days in jail?

The DUI, sure - but it was probation for that. But, 45 days in jail for driving without a license? If it wasn't Paris Hilton, doesn't anyone think that sentence would be a little harsh? Take her name out of it, and see if you wouldn't think it's going overboard.

And I know her, and celebrities get away with a sickening amount for just being famous - but I'm just talking about this case.
    probably, but then again i haven't really known anyone who did this sort of thing. judicial system making the most of face time i guess...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "If it wasn't Paris Hilton"

If it were a black or Hispanic on probation for DUI and then driving with no license, do you think anybody would complain, even know or care, about 45 days?

Probation multiplies the penalty for infractions during probation.

Money talks, the "inspirational" rich bimbo walks

=============

Hilton backs online pardon appeal

Celebrity heiress Paris Hilton is backing an online pe ion seeking a pardon of her 45-day prison sentence because she enlivens "mundane" lives.
    The pe ion to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger also claims she was being used as a scapegoat to highlight the dangers of drink-driving.

Hilton was sentenced after being found guilty of violating her probation for a drink-driving conviction.

She must start her jail term by 5 June or risk a doubling of her sentence.

'Role model'

In a message on a MySpace website, Ms Hilton apparently endorsed the online appeal, saying: "My friend Joshua started his pe ion, please help and sihn it (sic). I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!"

The pe ion paints Ms Hilton as a role model who "provides hope for young people all over the US and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives".

( just like Rosie does? )

It also draws parallels between other high-profile US figures who were forgiven for their misdeeds.

"If the late former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake," it says.

Mr Schwarzenegger's press secretary, Aaron McLear, said the governor would not become involved in any case "until the individual has exhausted their judicial remedies".

Ms Hilton's representative, Elliot Mintz, could not verify whether the MySpace message attributed to his celebrity client was genuine, but he did say the pe ion "appeared to be authentic".

Separately, her lawyers have said they will appeal against the sentence.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...as/6637855.stm

Published: 2007/05/09 09:32:54 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

She could have gotten up to 90 days, so no, I don't think 45 days is going overboard. I also don't think anybody should get away with breaking the law, regardless of what I or anyone else thinks of that law.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She is NOT above the law...it better not get appealed...if I were the Judge...I would have said, "B!tch...this is Earth...welcome to the planet"...

Scratch that ToughActinTinactin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Make her shop at Wal-Mart for 45 days.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dumb is STILL driving, in full view of the cameras. This pic was taken yesterday. Anyone still have sympathy for her?

http://www.people.com/people/gallery...038288,00.html

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hope someone throws on her while she's in jail.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Dumb is STILL driving, in full view of the cameras. This pic was taken yesterday. Anyone still have sympathy for her?

http://www.people.com/people/gallery...038288,00.html
    According to that her license was reinstated in March so I'm assuming what she's doing is legal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The only reason I want her to go to jail is because hopefully we will have 45 Paris free days.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Just for s and giggles, this would be much funnier if Paris jumped bail and they sent Dog after her.

Thread Information