Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Gold Gloves. No Silver Sluggers. No Championship Rings. No All Stars. Yet he is making more than 9 2B'rs that have those. He doesn't come close to HOF. Anyone can get stats. Right now, Pal is just another Albert Belle or Troy Glaus or Edgar Renteria.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To change the subject - what is that giant lump on the right side of his head from? Did he get beaned?

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    No Gold Gloves. No Silver Sluggers. No Championship Rings. No All Stars. Yet he is making more than 9 2B'rs that have those. He doesn't come close to HOF. Anyone can get stats. Right now, Pal is just another Albert Belle or Troy Glaus or Edgar Renteria.
    except those 3 you named have all been all-stars and have won silver sluggers, so it kind of negates your whole theory.

Renteria 5X All-Star
    Belle 5x All-Star, 5x Silver Slugger Team
    Troy Glaus 4x All Star, and won the Silver Slugger 2x in 2000 and 2001

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    No Gold Gloves. No Silver Sluggers. No Championship Rings. No All Stars . Yet he is making more than 9 2B'rs that have those. He doesn't come close to HOF. Anyone can get stats. Right now, Pal is just another Albert Belle or Troy Glaus or Edgar Renteria.
    AL All-Star Voting
    There is also a close contest at second base -- where Detroit's Placido Polanco... leads the New York Yankees' Robinson Cano 1,269,717 votes to 965,712

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2917221

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Interesting... you wont argue based on fantasy, but you will argue based on production, All Star appearances, and like players even when you have nothing to support your claims.

He's some more stats.
    He is 8th among 2B in average.
    18th in runs scored.
    20th in OBP.
    And here are this years stats for Polanco.

1st among 2B in average.
    3rd in runs scored.
    4th in OBP.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The all star voting is usually the Red Sox/Yanks roster with Ichiro playing in the outfield and pudge catching

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The all star voting is usually the Red Sox/Yanks roster with Ichiro playing in the outfield and pudge catching
    Yeah, they usually dominate the All-Star team.
    So far this year the Tigers have 3 that would be starters, Pudge, Polanco and Ordonez.

And with Leyland managing the team this year, and picking the reserves, you can probably count on Sheffield being there (his stats merit a spot anyways), and if he wants to be greedy (Leyland's not the type) he might even add Guillen.

Tiger Pitchers?
    Verlander and possibly Bonderman.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yeah, they usually dominate the All-Star team.
    So far this year the Tigers have 3 that would be starters, Pudge, Polanco and Ordonez.

And with Leyland managing the team this year, and picking the reserves, you can probably count on Sheffield being there (his stats merit a spot anyways), and if he wants to be greedy (Leyland's not the type) he might even add Guillen.

Tiger Pitchers?
    Verlander and possibly Bonderman.
    Mags and Palonco I agree with, but I don't think Pudge deserves the All-Star team spot over Victor Martinez and Jorge Posada who are batting .313 and .339 respectively. Pudge will make it by fan votes, but should not be chosen by Leyland. But I'm sure it will be Victor Martinez left off the roster, but look at these stats:

V. Matrinez .313 16-doubles 14-HR 62-RBIs .377-OBP
    I.Rodriquez .285 19-doubles 7-HR 42-rbi .298-OPS

I think Verlander will be on the team, but not Bonderman, only becuase there are so many pitchers having good years this year. Bonderman has the wins, but he has given up his fare share of runs in his last 3 outings. My pitchers (I think they choose 6-7 starters)

Haren
    Beckett
    Sabathia
    Verlander
    Lackey

and the final spot SHOULD go to one of these:
    Bonderman 8-1 3.90 ERA
    Carmona 8-3 3.21 ERA
    Escobar 9-3 2.81 ERA

These 3 will have atleast 2 more starts to either better or kill themselves. But the final spot WILL go to one off these: (only becuase of a player votings)
    -Diasuke
    -Halladay
    -Santana

Remember too that pitchers are usually thrown in from teams without All-Star everyday players like the Royals and Nationals.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I am actually a little embarassed that Pudge is starting over VMart.

I know CF in the AL is a logjam of talent, but Curtis Granderson deserved the nomination at least.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AL All-Star Voting
    There is also a close contest at second base -- where Detroit's Placido Polanco... leads the New York Yankees' Robinson Cano 1,269,717 votes to 965,712

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2917221

Which is pretty ridiculous. Brian Roberts is having a much better year than either of them.

Thread Information