Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume you were born after the 2007 playoffs.

Oberto has been a good player in this system, but one that takes a relatively keen eye to appreciate. He isn't flashy, he isn't athletic, and he won't really do anything to get your attention, but darned if he doesn't play solid defense and exhibit a fairly consistent offensive game that melds well with the Big 3. Oberto is extremely adept (when getting solid minutes) at getting his 10 and 6 without hindering anyone else's offensive game one iota. He knows when to stay out of the way, and when to flash to the rim and get an easy layup off a double-team on Timmy.

All this being said, Oberto fell out of the rotation this year, and his contract is extremely favorable for a trade. Like Bowen, he can be traded for players with relatively high salaries, while costing the other team much less in real money and nothing in cap space. I expect him and/or Bowen to be traded before free agency.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Oberto is released but still wants to play, what are the chances that he ends up in Houston or Sacramento?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oberto is D-O-N-E, but thanks for 2007 Fab, you were great that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oberto tagged along in '07. A stop-gap measure at best. 5.6 pts and 4.9 rebounds...hmm, great? Really? We could have won the le without him.

Most of his numbers that year were put up during the Utah series, which had our highest margin of victory and therefore the most garbage time. He was a non-factor against tougher opponents.

He was better than Elsen, that's probably the most that can be said about Oberto. With his lack of athleticism and game in general, I'll be glad to see his departure. We desperately need to move on from these kinds of stiffs, fan favorites or not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't mind Fab, I think his current roster spot could be better spent but in past years when he was starting centre I thought he did compliment Tim Duncan quite well. Obviously his range is quite limited but he always found himself in the right spot for the signature catch and reverse layup off a Tim Duncan high post bullet pass. I remember 2 years ago when he shot 9/9 from the field vs. Phoenix, that was pretty awesome.

I think it is time for him to leave now though, the NBA has changed since he has joined it and his value has sunk as a rush on Athletic and Long big men off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oberto tagged along in '07. A stop-gap measure at best. 5.6 pts and 4.9 rebounds...hmm, great? Really? We could have won the le without him.

Most of his numbers that year were put up during the Utah series, which had our highest margin of victory and therefore the most garbage time. He was a non-factor against tougher opponents.

He was better than Elsen, that's probably the most that can be said about Oberto. With his lack of athleticism and game in general, I'll be glad to see his departure. We desperately need to move on from these kinds of stiffs, fan favorites or not.
    Fab's contributions were never statistical.

In 2007 he was a very good one-on-one defender, a rugged hustle guy, and when the offense stagnated he'd often be the one to get people moving again with his smart cuts and passes.

He was a solid contributor in that 2007 team, and excellent in the Finals along with TP. It's time for him to move on, but I think the emboldened bit is unfair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, if it wasn't for Oberto's heart condition he'd likely would have done far better than Bonner especially in the Playoffs.

But his heart condition just isn't good trade bait material so we'll see what happens. one thing's for sure, if Bonner is still a starter the Spurs are not WCF contendors.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he served us loyally but its time to go.

Thread Information