Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    SAN ANTONIO – A midday shooting on Monday has left one man with wounds to his leg. Police say he was shot by a would-be Craigslist seller.

The shooting happened behind an IHOP restaurant on the city’s West Side on Loop 410 near Hwy. 151. The wounded man managed to get to a nearby Cracker Barrel restaurant. He was spotted by an exiting customer who called an ambulance.

The man had apparently gone with two others to meet with the purported seller, who offered a camera for sale on Craigslist. According to investigators, the seller, who has a concealed weapons permit, felt threatened during the transaction. He fired his gun three times, hitting one of the other men twice in the leg.

The wounded man was taken to Wilford Hall in undisclosed condition. The other two buyers took off and police are looking for them.

No arrests have been made in connection with this case. Police have talked to the shooter, whom they describe as shaken from the event, and the wounded man.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...rPVfeSI6g.cspx

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I heard that as they ran away one of the "buyers" keyed an all white Hyundai.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Makes you think twice when buying/selling on Craigslist. I buy and sell A LOT on Craigslist. From where I'm sitting I can see a laptop computer I bought on Craigslist (See it, I'm posting from it) a weight bench, a treadmill, some flooring, 46 inch LCD HDTV, a Logitech touchscreen remote control, and an iPhone 3GS 32GB.

That's just what I can see from where I'm sitting.

I also sell a ton of things on Craigslist. In the past week I've sold a lot of items valued at less than ten dollars each, but I've also sold a 40 inch LCD HDTV, Xbox 360 Elite, and I'm currently selling a laptop (All of which were originally bought of Craigslist).

I think the riskiest move I ever made was to buy a 500.00 laptop from a guy at the Valero by SAC at about 1:30 AM, luckily I didn't wind up a statistic.

The most expensive thing I ever sold on Craigslist was my last vehicle, which sold for 5K.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I heard that as they ran away one of the "buyers" keyed an all white Hyundai.
    LOL, you er...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Buyers Beware !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Any transactions I've done on craigslist, as a buyer or a seller, I've had someone with me. No way I'm getting shot over a wine rack.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Any transactions I've done on craigslist, as a buyer or a seller, I've had someone with me. No way I'm getting shot over a wine rack.
    Yeah a wine rack is a lot more dangerous than you'd think. Both the buyer and seller are both people who obviously drink a lot of wine, if they need a rack to store all of it.

Gotta be careful out there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Wine rack is code for those "light touch massages" and someone with me is code for pimp.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    you missed the funny stuff.

"the deal went bad behind an IHOP and the victim crawls to a Cracker Barrel."

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you missed the funny stuff.

"the deal went bad behind an IHOP and the victim crawls to a Cracker Barrel."
    Well if the IHOPs I've been to are any indication, he would have waited 20 minutes just
    to be greeted.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wine rack is code for those "light touch massages" and someone with me is code for pimp.
    Sounds good to me, link to her ad?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The wounded man managed to get to a nearby Cracker Barrel
    I take it he's not black?

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I got a couple of 360's modded on Craigslist. Nothing bad ever happens.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I've bought a bicycle and a Ipod Nano thru craigslist. Got a great deal both times!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I made $150 this weekend selling left over HVAC stuff that I had after I built my house & got another guy to come pick up 3 pallets that were just leaning on my house for 4 months. I sell lots of stuff on there. You can make a lot more money than with a garage sales. I look at the "wanted" section almost everyday to see if I have something somebody is looking for. I usually post at least 1 listing every week. It's a nice way to make a little cash. My being a pack rat has been making me money in these hard times.

Thread Information