Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Dude, you need to learn your history. Your eagerness to attack Kobe in your jealousy and envy of him has left your lack of basketball knowledge exposed.

Couldn’t Bryant be a Hornet? Could he grow to love Southern sweet tea?

“That is an impossibility,” Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, said at the time. “There are no ifs. It would not happen. He is going to be a Laker, and that’s the only team he’s playing for.”

Bryant got what he wanted. Always has in Los Angeles. Now the address has lost its luster with losing. He wants out of the place he once demanded for his arrival.

http://select.nytimes.com/2007/06/29...erts.html?_r=1

Sit the down, laker puke

Duh and/or hello! Ode to Triple Ocho's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't really agree. Hedo sucks as well.

At his best Carter is much better than Hedo. Carter can still drop 45 on you, which is rare, but just as common as Hedo shooting 1-11 and playing zero D.

ambchang is my bitch Daddy_Of_All_Trolls's Avatar
    My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count

“That is an impossibility,” Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, said at the time. “There are no ifs. It would not happen. He is going to be a Laker, and that’s the only team he’s playing for.”

Bryant got what he wanted. Always has in Los Angeles. Now the address has lost its luster with losing. He wants out of the place he once demanded for his arrival.

Sit the down, laker puke
    I ain't no Laker puke. You know nothing. Let me push you down to knees so you can lick my shoes. You're not even fighting, you are just laying over and taking it in the arse.

Let's see, what's wrong with your post. Let's just call it selective arguing. First off, you totally ignore every bit of evidence I posted that said otherwise to your incorrect statement I initially refuted. In fact, your own link backs me up, but you ignore this as well...

Let's expose it:

With the 13th selection, with a deal to trade Bryant to Los Angeles in pocket, Charlotte chose him.
    The rest of your link is a reporter's opinion. I could write an opinion too, and idiots like you will quote it as fact.

Why doesn't the reporter address the fact that Charlotte drafted him without working him out because they intended to trade him? Hornets wanted Divac. Again, they needed a big to compete and knew Shaq was going west. Divac > Any other draft pick big man.

Look here, it backs me up: http://sportsbybrooks.com/former-hor...nt-trade-23078

Here's a link where Kobe says he would have played for the Hornets. He would have played college at Duke and liked the area. The rest also backs me up, Hornets would do better by Divac than what the draft could yield: http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...-misconstrued/

Yeah, and Divac retired right away, lol. Seems he was a stud with the Kings for a few years. Money will keep players playing who get butt hurt by being traded.

Also, the trade only took a few days, from Draft day June 26, 1996 to July 1, 1996. Hardly any time for a controversy to develop about an unproven 17 year old player. Retrospective analysis rarely focuses on the truth. It relies on selective reasoning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_NBA_Draft
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-18444246.html

You think you have Kobe's playing career exposed? I have you exposed as a worthless no-nothing numbskull 10 times as much as you even think you have Kobe's number.

You are a troll, and I am your daddy. I'm not proud of that, your mom should have swallowed.

I don't give a about Kobe. Owning trolls is what I do. I'll ask again biyotch, want more?

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Sit the down, laker puke

At the intersection of Hollywood and the Lakers, crazy, glitzy deals go down. One of the craziest went down in 1996, and it impacts the NBA to this day.

Jerry West was the Lakers' general manager. One day he got a phone call from an acquaintance, sports superagent Arn Tellum.

"I've got this kid Kobe Bryant in town," Tellum said. "Want to have a look at him?"

West knew of the 17-year-old Philly high school phenom, but hadn't given Bryant much thought. The Lakers weren't likely to gamble a first- or second-round draft pick on a high school kid, especially not a guard. The majority of NBA teams, including the Warriors, wanted no part of any kiddie lottery. No guard had ever been drafted into the NBA straight out of high school.

Still, West didn't get his rep for genius-level shrewdness by following the crowd. He agreed to watch Kobe do a solo workout.

"I went to the Inglewood YMCA," West says, "and here's this bright-eyed, cheerful, bubbly, exuberant young man, ready to show us his wares. I had seen high school film of him, but you can't tell how compe ive a player is on film. I watched him and I thought, 'Oh, my gosh, this guy's not too bad for a young guy.'

"It was obvious he had very, very unique talent, something I hadn't seen in a person of that age. And he didn't want to stop (working out). He wanted to keep going and going and going. It was really eye-popping to watch."

The Lakers' center was Vlade Divac. He was a fan favorite, but he had limitations and was getting older. Shaquille O'Neal was coming onto the free-agent market and the Lakers planned to take a hard run at Shaq, and if they got him, trade Divac.

After watching Bryant cavort at the Y, though, West started dreaming bigger, dreaming Hollywood-sized dreams. But did he trust his eyes? He wanted another look at Bryant.

This time West went to the Y with a posse, including former Laker Michael Cooper, who was retired but still in great shape. Larry Bird called the 6-foot-7 Cooper the best defensive player he ever played against.

Cooper, possessor of immense pride and every trick in the book, went one-on-one with Bryant, who demolished Cooper.

"Oh, my gosh," West recalls thinking, "This kid's got to be the best player in the draft. How can we get this guy?"

After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public relations men he'd brought along, and snapped, "That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team."

West, on his way out the door, said to Cooper, "I thought you were supposed to guard him."

Now West's cerebral wheels spun until they smoked. The Lakers had the No. 24 pick in the draft and West was desperate to trade up, as high as he could go. There was no way to tell who else might have caught a whiff of this kid's lightning.

West tried to trade up for Denver's No. 10 pick, made a sweet offer. No dice. He tried two other teams. Nope. Then he tried Charlotte, which had the No. 13 pick. Charlotte needed a center and West offered Divac, even though the Lakers had no one to replace him, yet. Deal! Charlotte would draft Kobe if he was still available, and trade him to the Lakers for Divac.

West sweated buckets. Drafting 11th, the Warriors took Todd Fuller. When Cleveland selected Vitaly Potapenko, West literally put champagne on ice.

I LOVE TING ON TROLLS LOL..... FACE GO YOUR SELF.

You are EXACTLY like KBP piece of ...making up ing lies ing punk

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

The rest of your link is a reporter's opinion. I could write an opinion too, and idiots like you will quote it as fact.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I ain't no Laker puke. You know nothing. Let me push you down to knees so you can lick my shoes. You're not even fighting, you are just laying over and taking it in the arse.

Let's see, what's wrong with your post. Let's just call it selective arguing. First off, you totally ignore every bit of evidence I posted that said otherwise to your incorrect statement I initially refuted. In fact, your own link backs me up, but you ignore this as well...

Let's expose it:

Why doesn't the reporter address the fact that Charlotte drafted him without working him out because they intended to trade him? Hornets wanted Divac. Again, they needed a big to compete and knew Shaq was going west. Divac > Any other draft pick big man.

Look here, it backs me up: http://sportsbybrooks.com/former-hor...nt-trade-23078

Here's a link where Kobe says he would have played for the Hornets. He would have played college at Duke and liked the area. The rest also backs me up, Hornets would do better by Divac than what the draft could yield: http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...-misconstrued/

Yeah, and Divac retired right away, lol. Seems he was a stud with the Kings for a few years. Money will keep players playing who get butt hurt by being traded.

Also, the trade only took a few days, from Draft day June 26, 1996 to July 1, 1996. Hardly any time for a controversy to develop about an unproven 17 year old player. Retrospective analysis rarely focuses on the truth. It relies on selective reasoning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_NBA_Draft
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-18444246.html

You think you have Kobe's playing career exposed? I have you exposed as a worthless no-nothing numbskull 10 times as much as you even think you have Kobe's number.

You are a troll, and I am your daddy. I'm not proud of that, your mom should have swallowed.

I don't give a about Kobe. Owning trolls is what I do. I'll ask again biyotch, want more?
    ...your post was arousing....

Much respect Daddy!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VC has been playing well lately... the problem is jameer nelson is SG in a PG body.

the make-up of the team calls for a a pure PG to reach full potential. its why orlando was better last year with skip, and played much worse once jameer returned for the finals... though SVG should have known better and not played him at all.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Yeah, but is it true or fabricated? Even if he did say it, he said it because the Lakers and Hornets had a deal to trade which was quickly facilitated. Charlotte had no need for Kobe and didn't want him either. Also, it's his agent saying it, and not Kobe.

You miss the point I made about how time changes the relevancy of situations. Kobe was an unproven 17 year old who rode the bench for two years. No one would care what Kobe's agent said at the time.

You lose. Go talk about Kobe jacking up too many shots. You have an argument there. But you lose this one, head. you pressed your luck and got owned.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Daddy of all trolls > MiamiHeat aka ChrisRichards get

Good Daddy.

MamiHeat just gotted FACE ED in this thread....

Reminds me of when KBP used to get ed in the ass

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    ...your post was arousing....

Much respect Daddy!
    Thanks. I just dislike liars and love to expose them. It's too easy when you know the facts.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Yeah, but is it true or fabricated?

"....and that’s the only team he’s playing for.” - Bryant's Agent

Kobe = the drama pussy from day 1.

Refusing to play for anyone but the Lakers. Refused to even work out for the Hornets

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Refusing to play for anyone but the Lakers. Refused to even work out for the Hornets
    LOL....the Hornets were NOT going to draft Kobe. They had ZERO interest in a high school guard coming out as NO teams did. West saw Kobe workout...told him not to work out with any other teams and he is going to draft him.

West offered NUMEROUS teams in the lottery Divac package for their pick but they all declined.....EXCEPT Charlotte.

They agreed if Kobe is available they will select Kobe...FOR THE LAKERS..and the Lakers will trade them Divac.

If your letting your bias get in the way of facts and history...then your a ing idiot.

But your not...your just trollin...

And you just got ted on son

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count

LOL, you keep ting your own pants. You once again use selective arguing an ignore everything that exposes your failed argument. You still haven't proved Kobe's agent even said it, let alone why it's relevant about an unproven 17 year old kid.

There was a draft deal in place. Kobe was in California. Why would he fly all the way back to workout for a team that had a deal to trade him?

You're the pussy here. I used to pick on sissies when I was a bully. They didn't fight they just screamed and cried. Some of them I swore liked getting picked on, getting taunted was the only attention they could get. How does it feel to be proven to be a sissy starving for attention?

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    LOL....the Hornets were NOT going to draft Kobe. They had ZERO interest in a high school guard coming out as NO teams did. West saw Kobe workout...told him not to work out with any other teams and he is going to draft him.

West offered NUMEROUS teams in the lottery Divac package for their pick but they all declined.....EXCEPT Charlotte.

They agreed if Kobe is available they will select Kobe...FOR THE LAKERS..and the Lakers will trade them Divac.

If your letting your bias get in the way of facts and history...then your a ing idiot.

But your not...your just trollin...

And you just got ted on son
    Dude, thanks again. I know MiamiHeat pisses off Lakers fans, but I have no clue what the Kobe haters think of him, and don't care. However, his self-destruction in here has got to be entertaining to everyone, whether they hate the Lakers or love them!

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    You still haven't proved Kobe's agent even said it,

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude, thanks again. I know MiamiHeat pisses off Lakers fans, but I have no clue what the Kobe haters think of him, and don't care. However, his self-destruction in here has got to be entertaining to everyone, whether they hate the Lakers or love them!
    Ye man...I even recognize that some of the things he says about Kobe are somewhat reasonable.

Some of it. Most of it is hatish rubbish.

But has ZERO knowledge of how Kobe was drafted and saying he REFUSED to play for Charlotte and forced a trade to LA is so far from the truth lol.

Thread Information