Each Day Offers Potential Darrin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I have to write an argumentative essay and my instructor would like me to pick something in theatres to see and evaluate. Any suggestions for a good movie?
    Last edited by Darrin; 09-23-2010 at 06:43 PM.

silverblk mystix
    Haven't been to the theatres in a while, but just rented the Green Zone with Matt Damon and I thought it was surprisingly interesting...

if you like the Iraq war/WMD's controversial reason for going to war thing.

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    2 girls 1 cup

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I haven't been to the movies since they started chargin 5 bucks for a tiny back of popcorn and 8 bucks for a ticket

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I have to write an argumentative essay and my instructor would like me to pick something in theatres to see and evaluate. Any suggestions for a good movie?
    Machete would make a fun paper. Otherwise, The Town.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Possibly "The Social Network." Could be an interesting movie, and I can see a good paper coming out of it, what with the popularity of Facebook and all.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mother er of instructor better give you at least 10 extra points on your paper to be paying for theater tickets. Took my 4 year old niece to watch Toy Story 3 and had to pay 9 bucks for her.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Mother er of instructor better give you at least 10 extra points on your paper to be paying for theater tickets. Took my 4 year old niece to watch Toy Story 3 and had to pay 9 bucks for her.
    I agree--he should give us extra credit. I also want to be able to stop and rewind so that I don't miss any salient details. However, he has some appropriate reasons for asking us to do this. Hard to take notes in a crowded, dark theatre as well. He wants us to think critically in formulating criteria and apply that criteria to see if it is universally applicable. The only way to do that is to apply it to something where we have as little control over the film as possible. If we choose our favorite movie, we can work backwards and create criteria that uniquely fit that movie or choose the best example of our criteria at work. Movies then become examples of a thought process instead of a critical evaluation of a single piece.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't understand how people thought Crowe's Robin Hood sucked.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    I agree--he should give us extra credit. I also want to be able to stop and rewind so that I don't miss any salient details. However, he has some appropriate reasons for asking us to do this. Hard to take notes in a crowded, dark theatre as well. He wants us to think critically in formulating criteria and apply that criteria to see if it is universally applicable. The only way to do that is to apply it to something where we have as little control over the film as possible. If we choose our favorite movie, we can work backwards and create criteria that uniquely fit that movie or choose the best example of our criteria at work. Movies then become examples of a thought process instead of a critical evaluation of a single piece.
    what is this i dont even

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I don't understand how people thought Crowe's Robin Hood sucked.
    well it's Robin Hood for starters

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    go see The Expendables, it's all about Demarcus Cousins playing for the Pistons, the oil gushing into the gulf, a President who has leadership skills during a crisis, Chauncey Billups finding the fountain of youth, and school funding.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    what is this i dont even
    tbh not even Cry Havoc could come up with something so convoluted and pretentious, especially right after misspelling recommendations in the le of the thread.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Brokeback Mountain

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Machete would make a fun paper. Otherwise, The Town.
    Not alot of good movies the last 2 months or more but Cucking is right that Machete would be alot of fun to write about. I have not seen that movie about the girl who pretends to sleep with dudes to make them popular but that might be another good subject to hit up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Inception. Try to make something out of the ending.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Vampires Suck.

Make it about all about how popular things warp the minds of little girls everywhere.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    well it's Robin Hood for starters
    Exactly! Ridley Scott and Crowe took a gotry legend and made it good. No tights in this one.

After seeing it, I went on Rottentomatoes to see what all of the wanna be film critics who take themselves too seriously thought, and everyone was knocking it for not being a typical Robin Hood movie. 43% approval

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Inception.

Lefty will give you help if you need some.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    tbh not even Cry Havoc could come up with something so convoluted and pretentious, especially right after misspelling recommendations in the le of the thread.
    Spelling fixed. My finger stuck on the "c."

As for being pretentious, it's a school assignment and words such as "criteria" and "critical evaluation" have very specific meanings in this instance. It's not your usual reasons for frequenting a movie theatre. While my explanation may seem gaudy, it has the virture of being the truth.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Might as well go see something you want to see as well. The Town perhaps.

Thread Information