My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Is it Chip Kelly, Patterson, or Chizik for going undefeated?

Could it be Pellini, Stoops, or even Sherman at A&M?

Maybe Petrino or The Ole' Ball Coach?

How about Dantonio, Bielema, or Sweater Vest?

Beamer for turning the Hokies around? Jimbo Fisher for stepping into some enormous shoes?

Ault from Nevada, or Peterson after turning in another big year?

I'm probably forgetting to mention a few, but these are the guys who jump out at me.

I'm going to say Beamer. There was every reason for the Hokies to give up after their disastrous start, but that team has matured into one of the better squads in the country. With the culture of winning that has become the norm in Blacksburg, I'm sure there was enormous pressure after dropping that game against James Madison. To turn things around the way he and his staff have is impressive. Of the 10 games they've won since their second loss, only one has been by less than double digits. That was a 7 point win against GT.

I would give the nod for 2nd to Dantonio up in Spartyland.

Thoughts?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Bielema imho.

Hard to believe they're only one game away against Mich St from being undefeated. (Caught a lot of bad breaks in that one). They kind of came out of nowhere.

Although Chizik would be a close second because of the way he got his team to tune out the Cam Newton distraction and go undefeated (so far) throughout the SEC. What Beamer has done is nothing short of impressive as well, but it's hard to give it to him when they lost to James freaking Madison at home.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    I can't give it to Beamer. He lost to JMU for chrissake.

It has to be Chip Kelly imo.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Bielema has been excellent. One of the only 'coach in waiting' scenarios that has truly proven to be successful. Their offense is very, very good.

I like Dantonio a little better (as far as big 10 coaches go) because Sparty is always seeming to wilt in big games and down the stretch, which is something that just hasn't happened this year. Add in his health problems, and it's a really great story. He may actually be starting a shift in football power away from Ann Arbor, and into East Lansing. Can't believe I just typed that...

Well, Tlong, Chip Kelly has been fantastic. Can't really argue with anybody taking him. Guy is an offensive mastermind and has done a great job keeping Oregon focused. Oregon is another team who always seems to have that one fatal loss, and thus far it hasn't (and doesn't look like it will happen, short of a miracle performance by OS @ Corvallis) happened.

Wonder who the media will pick for the Bear Bryant award? I would guess Patterson or Kelly

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Chizik IMO. Undefeated in toughest conference with all sorts of off the field distractions.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Chizik, imo.

Beamer should not be anywhere near this conversation.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I can't give it to Beamer. He lost to JMU for chrissake.

It has to be Chip Kelly imo.
    I think any other year it would clearly be Kelly. There's just so many worthy candidates I would place him 3rd, because Oregon is clearly the best team in the conference and they played all their toughest games at home. (Oregon State withstanding)

I would have no problem with Chizik winning either. anytime you go undefeated in the SEC you should be in the discussion. On top of that, it seems like Auburn doesn't have a ton of talent outside of Cam Newton. And then of course there's Patterson lurking while going undefeated at TCU.

I still give the edge to Belema, who was 1 close loss away from running the table with a team that came out of nowhere. And they played all the big boys in their conference too. (Ohio State, @ Mich St, @ Iowa, @ Michigan)

kelly or chizik, but lets not forget there is a game left. if A&M had gone 11-1, I would say Sherman.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Harbaugh hands down. he turned Stanford into a college football powerhouse.

Harbaugh hands down. he turned Stanford into a college football powerhouse.
    he would be my 3, he's a of a coach.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    I'd vote for Jimbo if he had managed to recruit a kicker that could win games. Harbaugh's done a of a job. Sherman saved his job by switching to Tannehill.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    if A&M had gone 11-1, I would say Sherman.
    but what if they had gone 12-0?

jeez.

but what if they had gone 12-0?

jeez.
    of our 3 losses, i'll only say we would have won 2 with the switch to tannehill. gotta be a realist.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    brian kelly. he turned a mediocre ND team with a good offense and bad defense into a mediocre ND team with a good offense and bad defense. in just one year!

sounds familiar

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    Randy Shannon

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Shouldn't be fired = best coach in the country!

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Shouldn't be fired = best coach in the country!
    He graduated kids ! and played favorites !

Thread Information