My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans sayd that Soccer doesn not stand a chance of making it top 4 in team sports...well they got past ice hockey..Whats next?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans sayd that Soccer doesn not stand a chance of making it top 4 in team sports...well they got past ice hockey..Whats next?
    Unless they win a World Cup it'll never explode to be able to compete with NFL TBH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus MLS teams don't play significant tournaments (Libertadores by example) for them to become legends. No Mexican team has been able to win one (with a lot more money and power than their SA peers) and just One B Libertadores (Sudamericana)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To your credit, just this year I was taking a train from Portland to Seattle and the train was FULL of Timber fans going to see the NW classic. I started asking and it seems tickets have been sold out for more than 4 months for the match.

I was truly shocked by the rowdyness of the crowd TBH. They were loud and wild.

So to join the spirit I asked them to trash the Sounders since I don't like a UY'an that plays there (Flaco Fernandez) and then when I get to my friend's in SEA to watch the game, he scores a beautiful chest and volley for the 1-0.

I don't know about the rest of the US but in the NW, it's probably already number 2 and competing diligently. If it wasn't for a great Seahawks campaign we maybe talking differently here. On top of it, now Vancouver, CA will have their own team and that triumvirate there will be something to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the MLS is going to continue to grow, it needs to focus on markets that are soccer crazy.

So far, they've done pretty well.

Nothing is going to happen overnight and as long as they keep that in mind they'll be fine

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This thread feels like deja vu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think soccer will ever catch football unless the NFL went on a prolonged strike (like losing a season or more) and even then, college football would still be ahead of it. Baseball seems like it is finally recovering from the strike in the 90s and is getting consistent attendence. The biggest soccer games were already outdrawing the NBA Finals in the US so I think the NBA is the next step for soccer. The lockout isn't helping the NBA but soccer still has a ways to go, especially in terms of "everyday fans" (big matches get monster ratings here, but regular season MLS games get only slightly better ratings than nationally televised WNBA games).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's been interesting to me of late is what seems to be the relatively common discussion of what's going on in the European leagues during their domestic seasons and in the Champions League.

It may be that MLS is going to be hard-pressed to overtake the NBA, MLB, or NFL, but it's plausible to me that the EPL or other European leagues (or European soccer in general) will reach a point that the popularity of soccer as a sport will displace one of the big 3 at least in terms of television market share.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well they got past ice hockey
    link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not really a huge deal that more Americans watch soccer now compared to hockey, it's only due to the fact that soccer is less expensive to play than hockey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not really a huge deal that more Americans watch soccer now compared to hockey, it's only due to the fact that soccer is less expensive to play than hockey.
    hockey sucks to watch on TV about as much as soccer, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's been interesting to me of late is what seems to be the relatively common discussion of what's going on in the European leagues during their domestic seasons and in the Champions League.

It may be that MLS is going to be hard-pressed to overtake the NBA, MLB, or NFL, but it's plausible to me that the EPL or other European leagues (or European soccer in general) will reach a point that the popularity of soccer as a sport will displace one of the big 3 at least in terms of television market share.
    good point. I'm far more of an EPL fan than I am MLS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hockey sucks to watch on TV about as much as soccer, imo.
    LMAOL..GTFO

Soccer, ice Hockey, Basketball are most entertaing sports to watch..LOL idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAOL..GTFO

Wtf are you talking about?

Soccer and Ice Hockey are not the most entertaining sports to watch, not even close...

but I will disagree with Blake.. Soccer "does not suck to watch" , you can only learn to like the sport until you start respecting it. Seriously, hearing people say Soccer is boring, sounds just as stupid as "the Spurs are old", "the Spurs are boring".

Hockey on the other hand... how can you watch a game if you don't know where the ing puck is? I'm sure live it's not that bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf are you talking about?

Soccer and Ice Hockey are not the most entertaining sports to watch, not even close...

but I will disagree with Blake.. Soccer "does not suck to watch" , you can only learn to like the sport until you start respecting it. Seriously, hearing people say Soccer is boring, sounds just as stupid as "the Spurs are old", "the Spurs are boring".

Hockey on the other hand... how can you watch a game if you don't know where the ing puck is? I'm sure live it's not that bad
    Definitely a big difference seeing hockey live compared to on TV, especially if you don't watch hockey imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I attended only one NHL game (Colorado Avalanche at the Pepsi Center) a few years back. I didn't really think it was that great. The suit we were invited with the wife was great, but the game experience was kinda meh... I occasionally have watched some hockey on TV and I like the sport, just not a big fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAOL..GTFO

link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soccer "does not suck to watch" , you can only learn to like the sport until you start respecting it.

Hockey on the other hand...
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I attended only one NHL game (Colorado Avalanche at the Pepsi Center) a few years back. I didn't really think it was that great. The suit we were invited with the wife was great, but the game experience was kinda meh... I occasionally have watched some hockey on TV and I like the sport, just not a big fan.
    Well I'm not a hockey guy at all either, but you watching from a suite which is slightly different. I haven't been to professional games so the venue was smaller, all the seats were pretty good and in general I think it's much easier to see all of the action and tell where the puck is while physically present. Especially if you're close to the ice, where you can see well and feel the force of some of the hits. This is all what I was referring to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's so lol about that? I did mention it's nearly unwatchable on tv, mostly because you can't really see what the is going on, it has nothing to do with the sport.

I guess it must be lol.

Thread Information