Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    In Oregon, you can register by mail, and never prove anything. They simply send you a card, and ballots when voting time comes. You may have a single person living in one residence under a dozen or so names. Of course, since it is never checked up on, nobody will ever get caught.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Oregon, you can register by mail, and never prove anything. They simply send you a card, and ballots when voting time comes. You may have a single person living in one residence under a dozen or so names. Of course, since it is never checked up on, nobody will ever get caught.
    Soooo... you still don't have any proof this happens on a scale large enough to affect elections?

In Texas, anybody can walk into a bank with a gun, point it at a teller, then ask for, and get free money.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Soooo... you still don't have any proof this happens on a scale large enough to affect elections?

In Texas, anybody can walk into a bank with a gun, point it at a teller, then ask for, and get free money.
    I agree that is a weak point, but that's the problem. There is no proof because there is no enforcement. We simply want some form of enforcement. How can the law enforcement and judicial system see what it doesn't look for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that is a weak point, but that's the problem. There is no proof because there is no enforcement. We simply want some form of enforcement. How can the law enforcement and judicial system see what it doesn't look for?
    In Texas, anybody with a small crew, some jacks, and a large tractor trailer can steal a house.

We don't know how much this happens because there is no enforcement. We simply want some form of enforcement for house theft. How can law enforcement and judicial system see what it doesn't look for?

You haven't proven it is a problem that requires extra enforcement of existing laws.

For someone who hates government waste, asking for resources to fix a non-existant problem seems... hypocritical.

C'est va?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we could just hire "Lifelock" to guard our polls here in Texas. They would
    love it, since according to Dimm-o-craps it never happens.

Free money for "lifelock".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we could just hire "Lifelock" to guard our polls here in Texas. They would
    love it, since according to Dimm-o-craps it never happens.

Free money for "lifelock".
    Prove that it does.

I'm not saying it never happens.

I am saying that I have not seen any data that it happens to a large degree or markedly affects elections.

Do *you* have this proof?

At this point I feel like I am asking for proof of Bigfoot, given the way Republicans are ignoring it.

R: "I just know it is a problem and it requires an expensive fix that will probably keep real people from voting"

D: "um, are you sure about that, could I see some proof it is a problem?"

R: "No. Take my word for it."

D: "I would prefer to have some data on it, before trying to fix a problem"

R: "Havent you heard, this is an easy crime to commit"

D: "um, that isn't what I asked. You don't actually have any proof, do you?"

R: "You just think it never happens, what an idiot."

D: (sighs)
    ------------------------------------

(sighs)

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    At this point I feel like I am asking for proof of Bigfoot, given the way Republicans are ignoring it.
    LOL... Bad example.

Some states seem to err on the side Bigfoot exists. There are now laws on the books in some places that protect Bigfoot as an endangered species. If anyone shoots Bigfoot to prove his existence, they will be in a heap of legal trouble.

Thread Information