Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are just not built for shooting Fts.

ke?

btw. You need to have a good bench and a philosophy to create everybody role.
    In spurs system it doesnot matter who comes in. He fits the team. That';s why the spurs can play the same quality of ball for 48mins.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I trust tiago at the line way more than Reggie Evans....
    reggie doesn't trust Tiago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you want Thunder to do that to Splitter in games 1 and 2 and have him go 2-8, and Spurs lose by 3 points?
    Yes, and I would expect Pop to find a solution, or they deserve to lose.

It is a fact that some big men just do not have the skills to shoot a decent FT %. They are just not built for shooting Fts.
    Buuuuuuuul ! and you know it

I hate it that it makes a player a goat, when he is not deserving of being a goat. Reggie Evans is one of a player a player who every team in the league would benefit having him and his hustle and at ude on their roster.

You know he was feeling horrible when he was missing those shots, even though he was trying as hard as he could. He did not deserve being the goat.

He had a good at ude towards Pop, because he is a class guy, he said he had something to work on, but sometimes, you just don't have the tools to be a decent FT shooter.
    Work on your free throws and or contimue feeling sorry for yourself - easy choice.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not fair that you force a guy like Kenyon Martin to have to stand out there and shoot 20 foot jumpers. He's not made to shoot 20 foot jumpers. If the Spurs take everything else away then all he's got is 20 foot jumpers. Someone should change the rules.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you want Thunder to do that to Splitter in games 1 and 2 and have him go 2-8, and Spurs lose by 3 points?

It is a fact that some big men just do not have the skills to shoot a decent FT %. They are just not built for shooting Fts.

I hate it that it makes a player a goat, when he is not deserving of being a goat. Reggie Evans is one of a player a player who every team in the league would benefit having him and his hustle and at ude on their roster.

You know he was feeling horrible when he was missing those shots, even though he was trying as hard as he could. He did not deserve being the goat.

He had a good at ude towards Pop, because he is a class guy, he said he had something to work on, but sometimes, you just don't have the tools to be a decent FT shooter.
    I'm sure Dejuan Blair and all the other players on the roster last year were trying as hard as they could when the Grizzlies bounced the Spurs. Should the NBA change the rules to accommodate the Spurs' weaknesses?

But, I do have to give props to Reggie Evans with his response of, "It gives me something to work on over the offseason." Paraphrasing, of course.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and I would expect Pop to find a solution, or they deserve to lose.

Buuuuuuuul ! and you know it

Work on your free throws and or contimue feeling sorry for yourself - easy choice.

Their hands are too big...that is a fact. That is why TD has been a so so FT shooter his whole career.

Of course, my hands are much bigger than a ping pong ball and I am awesome at beer pong.....

So scratch everything I've said thus far.

em.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't college or high school with 1-and-1s on non-shooting fouls. You miss the first one (which is fairly common, even for good FT shooters) and you still get a chance to sink the second. Even with terrible FT shooters, you're going to at least come close to 50% shooting on those. So you average a point per possession, which over a full game is nearly enough to get you to 100 points. (Of course, it won't last that long, because the other team's entire roster will have fouled out long before that.)

Make even a reasonable percentage of FTs, play reasonable defense, rebound the defensive boards and win. Do it four times and you're in the Finals, no matter how "fair" or "unfair" the other team's strategy seemed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how you change the hack-a-player rule. You're just rewarding poor free throw shooters. Just make your free throws and it will stop. There's actually more to it than just free throws made and missed. Sure you'd want the player you're fouling to miss, but sometimes, I think you just want to break up a team's rhythm as well as quiet the crowd. Sure, it's not pretty, but I just don't see how you change it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good blueprint. Draft superstar center. Injure superstar center. Win lottery. Draft best power forward ever. Find two potential HOF's late in the draft. Add happy go lucky coach with a gleam in his eye and a bulge in his pants. Rinse. Repeat.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how you change the hack-a-player rule. You're just rewarding poor free throw shooters. Just make your free throws and it will stop. There's actually more to it than just free throws made and missed. Sure you'd want the player you're fouling to miss, but sometimes, I think you just want to break up a team's rhythm as well as quiet the crowd. Sure, it's not pretty, but I just don't see how you change it.
    It slows the game down, disrupts the other team's rhythm, and takes away any chance for a 3 on that possession (barring an unlikely rebound). Used at the right time, it can be the difference in a game, as we saw last night.

Thread Information