Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013 first round pick >>>>>>>>>>>>> 38 years old Camby.

The auction for Camby isn't with Houston, it's with Camby himself and he doesn't care about what Houston could get in a S&T.
    We disagree on both points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll stick with Splitter+Bonner for Camby+Patterson. Not sure I'd do either of those trades that timvp listed.

If the Spurs roll the dice with Splitter, that's fine. He's a good player.

If the Spurs want to move him, than I understand why but would like a young player like Patterson in return with Camby.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'm a little surprised by the amount of willingness to trade neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year of his contract, will definitely get some decent offers after the season. Spurs are already stacked at the G positions and now with De Colo looking like a lock to come over it's even more crowded. Plus, Neal is atrocious defensively.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Last year of his contract, will definitely get some decent offers after the season. Spurs are already stacked at the G positions and now with De Colo looking like a lock to come over it's even more crowded. Plus, Neal is atrocious defensively.
    true. i'm a big fan of his coldblooded-ness though. and the scoring punch he provides.

i've seen a little bit of de colo, but i'm not sure how i feel about him. i'm sure he can at least play pg better than neal. he's taller too. but he's more of a combo guard than a pure point guard as well, am i correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way, the Nets have registered their interest in 38-year-old center Marcus Camby, who postponed his visit with Miami Saturday and had what a source described as a "very productive" meeting with Knicks officials Sunday. Brooklyn is pursuing Camby to be their backup center regardless of whether the starter ends up being Lopez or Howard, sources said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...-dwight-howard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A one dimensional shooter who's terrible on defense. Not surprising at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice to hear anything concrete (I guess we already know it will likely be Diaw so nothing to report) on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    New York and Brooklyn are frontrunners in sign-and-trade talks to acquire Houston's Marcus Camby, league sources tell Y!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more thing about trading a 1st round pick to Houston: they just used three 1st-rounders this year and, if the Bonner + 1st for Camby happens, they'd have at least two this coming season (TOR and SA); I don't know if they have their own or have traded for any others.

Anyway, with so many rookies on the roster, the Rockets might be more willing to part with a pick or young player for cheap next summer, lest they run into the roster limit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I don't understand how there could be a "frontrunner" in a sign-and-trade scenario. Camby basically has to decide which team he wants to play for and then that team has to either work out a sign-and-trade or sign him straight. It sounds like Camby is still deciding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I don't understand how there could be a "frontrunner" in a sign-and-trade scenario. Camby basically has to decide which team he wants to play for and then that team has to either work out a sign-and-trade or sign him straight. It sounds like Camby is still deciding.
    I can imagine that Camby has a salary figure that he would accept. Now it's up to Brooklyn and NY, if those are the "frontrunners", to work a deal acceptable to Houston. If they can't, Camby will move on to other options. He's indicated that he's not interested in playing for the minimum. That's all Brooklyn can offer. Same for NY unless they can get Dallas to agree to a sign and trade for Kidd.

That situation creates leverage for Houston. If Camby was talking to a team that had their MLE available, and was prepared to use it on him, Houston wouldn't have much leverage. In a situation where Camby and the other team can only get what they want with Houston's cooperation, Houston can get a much better price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can imagine that Camby has a salary figure that he would accept. Now it's up to Brooklyn and NY, if those are the "frontrunners", to work a deal acceptable to Houston. If they can't, Camby will move on to other options. He's indicated that he's not interested in playing for the minimum. That's all Brooklyn can offer. Same for NY unless they can get Dallas to agree to a sign and trade for Kidd.

That situation creates leverage for Houston. If Camby was talking to a team that had their MLE available, and was prepared to use it on him, Houston wouldn't have much leverage. In a situation where Camby and the other team can only get what they want with Houston's cooperation, Houston can get a much better price.
    Certainly, we should be poking our nose into the situation, if we actually want Camby. If we were considering a Splitter + Bonner trade, we could offer Camby the full MLE (5 Million not 3), and still come out ahead or at least not behind on the salary front
    Bonner + Splitter = 3.9 + 3.6 M = 7.5 M > 5.1 Million full MLE + 2.1 Million (Patterson) > 5.1 Million full MLE + .7 Million (Leuer)
    I'm pretty sure we could catch Camby's eye pretty quickly with that kind of salary. The question is are the rockets willing to offer fair compensation for splitter in terms of 1 or more draft picks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frank Isola: Knicks met with free agent Marcus Camby today in Houston while the Brooklyn Nets spoke to the veteran center via conference call. about 7 minutes ago
    Sounds like the Camby domino might drop soon. Wonder if the Spurs are going to have that meeting with him that was rumored to be happening some time next week.

If they really want Camby, the Spurs could offer money and proximity to Houston -- two things he probably can't turn down. The question is how desperate the Spurs are for Camby.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be interested in seeing the Rockets thoughts on Lee. With rumours that Boston are frontrunners, the cost probably isn't too high.

Would they be interested in Bonner, Blair, Byars and a 1st for S&T Lee and Camby? Could even add in Neal if they wanted. Camby and Lee for That package would be a good boost defensively, and the Rockets could just pay Bonners salary for a late 1st, which is a good deal for them money wise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like the Camby domino might drop soon. Wonder if the Spurs are going to have that meeting with him that was rumored to be happening some time next week.

If they really want Camby, the Spurs could offer money and proximity to Houston -- two things he probably can't turn down. The question is how desperate the Spurs are for Camby.
    For a guy who supposedly wants to start, he'd be a damn fool to go to either of those teams. If it's the Knicks, he'll get roughly 15 mpg; if it's the Nets and they keep Lopez, he'll get roughly 13 mpg; if it's the Nets and they acquire Howard, he'll get roughly 10 mpg. With the Spurs, he'd get roughly 20 mpg. And unless the Nets land Howard, he'd be playing on by far the best team of the three, close to his off season home and making more money. The fact that he hasn't jumped at the chance to join the Spurs tells us everything we need to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you blaming Camby? For all we know, Spurs have not made him a priority at all.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE]

Splitter has been hurt nearly every season he's played basketball. Even before he entered the NBA. I am not using this as a reason to trade him but simply stating that he hasn't shown at any time in his career that he can handle playing 30+ minutes a night
    it is a concern . Playing 59 games, in a lockout shortened season with no proper training camp and a really tight schedule is a good test of that durability though.In fact it's a good way to get injured. NBA players were falling over with all sorts of serious injuries. Spitter's were minor in comparison. Last season was his first real test of playing meanningful mins regularly. I think he deserves a pass. I guess this is part of that evaluation process of Splitter for the FO and coach POP going into next season.

I wasn't talking about Duncan and Splitter together. I was talking about the Depth Chart. PFs - Diaw/Bonner, C- Duncan/Splitter.

Pop has already shown he is uncomfortable playing Duncan and Splitter together. All the #s of them playing together show that they are an awkward fit together as well. It's a fairly small sample size but it is what it is.

The inability that Duncan and Splitter will get minutes together definitely contributes to my acceptance of trading Tiago if it brings back players that Pop will play with Duncan.
    There was an occasion in the WC finals that POP tried to use them together. It had Tiago commit one of those defensive mistakes i mentioned earlier. It resulted in a Tiago benching on the instant. My first reaction was POP you hardly tried them during the season. He did the same last play-offs with Tiago. Wanting to use them together at the most important part of the season(play-offs)says to me the willingness to use the combo is still there. The mistake has always been on POP for not getting them familiar with each other during the season. To be fair to POP, the shortened season didn't help matters.

TIago gettting his first full traiining camp will certainly help this situation. Pop's going to have all the practise time in the world, meaningless pre-season games plus a full spaced out season to intergrate them. It might come at the expense of a few losses but even coach know you gotta learn the hard way.

As i've always stated, if POP continues to use Tiago purely as a back-up to Tim and nothing more moving forward. If there is no increase in mins and a loosening of that leash in developing Tiago. Then the Spurs should look into trading him for the right deal. That is the most pressing question right now going into next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you blaming Camby? For all we know, Spurs have not made him a priority at all.
    There's been too many rumors to not buy that they're interested. Plus, they've given us no indication, both through action or words, that they view Splitter as a $8-9M player annually and that's what he's going to be a season from now, most likely. You don't have to be a mathematician to put two and two together.

I'm "blaming Camby", because I'm sick and tired of all of these veterans around the league who claim to have a lot of respect for the Spurs, yet when they get the chance to sign with them, they spurn them and a lot of the time, it's in inexplicable fashion. Howard, Hill, Martin and Yi, are all relatively recent examples. The Spurs reportedly offered equal or better money in all cases, clearly had more playing time available and obviously had a better team than the ones those players ultimately joined. They can offer everything players, especially veteran ones, claim to want, yet they can't seem to attract guys who have been in the league and had success. Other than Diaw, for obvious reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's been too many rumors to not buy that they're interested. Plus, they've given us no indication, both through action or words, that they view Splitter as a $8-9M player annually and that's what he's going to be a season from now, most likely. You don't have to be a mathematician to put two and two together.

I'm "blaming Camby", because I'm sick and tired of all of these veterans around the league who claim to have a lot of respect for the Spurs, yet when they get the chance to sign with them, they spurn them and a lot of the time, it's in inexplicable fashion. Howard, Hill, Martin and Yi, are all relatively recent examples. The Spurs reportedly offered equal or better money in all cases, clearly had more playing time available and obviously had a better team than the ones those players ultimately joined. They can offer everything players, especially veteran ones, claim to want, yet they can't seem to attract guys who have been in the league and had success. Other than Diaw, for obvious reasons.
    I agree I don't get some of these players that praise the spurs then they spurn them, It just shows how fake and phony they really are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Camby has never been the unselfish veteran who takes less money or a smaller role for a chance to win. Don't know why Spurs fan thought he'd be willing to join the Spurs when he's always been a big market or big money guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Slippy;6014888]

it is a concern . Playing 59 games, in a lockout shortened season with no proper training camp and a really tight schedule is a good test of that durability though.In fact it's a good way to get injured. NBA players were falling over with all sorts of serious injuries. Spitter's were minor in comparison. Last season was his first real test of playing meanningful mins regularly. I think he deserves a pass. I guess this is part of that evaluation process of Splitter for the FO and coach POP going into next season.

There was an occasion in the WC finals that POP tried to use them together. It had Tiago commit one of those defensive mistakes i mentioned earlier. It resulted in a Tiago benching on the instant. My first reaction was POP you hardly tried them during the season. He did the same last play-offs with Tiago. Wanting to use them together at the most important part of the season(play-offs)says to me the willingness to use the combo is still there. The mistake has always been on POP for not getting them familiar with each other during the season. To be fair to POP, the shortened season didn't help matters.

TIago gettting his first full traiining camp will certainly help this situation. Pop's going to have all the practise time in the world, meaningless pre-season games plus a full spaced out season to intergrate them. It might come at the expense of a few losses but even coach know you gotta learn the hard way.

As i've always stated, if POP continues to use Tiago purely as a back-up to Tim and nothing more moving forward. If there is no increase in mins and a loosening of that leash in developing Tiago. Then the Spurs should look into trading him for the right deal. That is the most pressing question right now going into next season.
    They actually played pretty well together in the Clippers series before Pop went away from him in favor of Bonner against the Thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't forget Caron Butler.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it would be.

The proposed transaction, however, would yield Camby. Not quite throwing the pick away.
    It would be if Camby is toast. For a guy who, at this juncture, would be counted on solely as a defensive-minded 5, the Rockets gave up 1.07 points per possession when he was on the floor last year - that was the worst of all their regular rotation players.

He's always been willing to leave his own man in search of the weak side blocked shot, but as he's getting old, he's having to do it earlier and earlier. And he doesn't defend the PnR any better than Duncan at this point either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be if Camby is toast.
    Seems that quite a few NBA teams believe that he is not toast.

Thread Information