Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that Dawson who got burned? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zeller has a pretty decent stroke but man he is horrible defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team had a lot of fight making it a 3 point game within the last minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow Zeller nice job trying cut off the angle there on the sideline...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn refs screwing CJ outta 2 FT's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morrison with a game high?! Seriously?!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow Zeller nice job trying cut off the angle there on the sideline...
    Yeah that was sad.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense sloppy late. Liked the last minute plays for Joseph. Only 1 TO for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joseph can hit a jumper and the occasional drive, but it seems like he struggles to guard a player if that player has any speed at all. I don’t see the promise in him at all – he looks average at best even with the improvement over last year.

As everyone has said, Richards has athleticism but is extremely raw. But I think it goes beyond that – he lacks fundamentals in most aspects of his game. I don’t know all of his history and how he’s learned the game, but he lacks basic fundamentals on defense and in his post play – what I mean is that he’s not raw in the sense that he knows what to do but doesn’t know how to do it. I don’t believe he knows what to do period. If the Spurs feel they can train him effectively in a short amount of time – it’s worth the effort to have him on the Austin squad while he’s getting some individual coaching.

Granted Ajinca’s not very impressive – but I still think he’s worth taking a look at. Yes, he’s awkward and he’s slow to react, but he’s still extemely long and has enough coordination to cause trouble in the paint. As a 5th/6th big, I don’t think the Spurs are deep enough to not give it some thought and especially if they move Bonner or Blair.

I thought Williams was fearless although raw on the few drives he had, but as a final roster spot he could be someone that is willing to consistently drive the lane and that has to be considered. Until Blair and or Bonner are moved the idea of adding a big seems pointless - although the Spurs could do worse than Dawson.

All said – it’s fun to watch these guys hustle and try to make something for themselves.

Even though it has nothing to do with the Summer League (other than looking at possible defensive minded prospects), I give you this iron clad statement:

The Spurs will never win another championship without being a defense first team again. It has nothing to do with the big 3 being old. It has everything to do with the Spurs most likely never having the firepower to beat other teams mostly by outscoring them. I doubt the Spurs ever see a path to the finals like they did in ’07. Without another fortunate lottery pick like Robinson or Duncan, the Spurs have proven that they neither have the money or the attraction to land a high scoring caliber player much less 2.

The only way the Spurs win another championship is if they have a deep and talented enough team (10 to 12 players) to consistently score throughout the game. This has to be paired with a defense first philosophy to overcome periods of offensive droughts that will be likely when a team has mostly average or above average players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has nothing to do with the big 3 being old.
    It has everything to do with the big3 getting old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though it was only $5, I feel ripped off now that Kawhi won't be playing anymore...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After that dunk, I'm beginning to think James Anderson reads these forums. Maybe he'll bank in a free throw in the next game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though it was only $5, I feel ripped off now that Kawhi won't be playing anymore...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joseph can hit a jumper and the occasional drive, but it seems like he struggles to guard a player if that player has any speed at all. I don’t see the promise in him at all – he looks average at best even with the improvement over last year.
    I tend to agree. You should be able to say (even with a young player), he may be raw but he does "X" really well. Unfortunately, CJ doesn't seem to have an "X."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @timvp

No leonard, no game grade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @timvp

No leonard, no game grade.
    Back to work for me then : (.