Weight: 255 lbs. / 115.7 kg.
    Prior to NBA / Country:
    Kentucky / USA
    Years Pro: R

Info

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Terribly sad that he got such awful advice to come out of school after barely playing as a Freshman at KY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and the Magic took him with a 1st round pick and barely gave him time to develop. He had a big injury though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orton would be the kind of gamble Spurs should make with a min contract. D-League rules are now more flexible so Orton could be send in Austin in his first year. Spurs had to be creative to add some young talent because it won't come from the draft with #59 as only pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah our draft will be bringing over De Colo and Lobrek if we do that without loosing Green then we are good to go. If we loose Green then we have to trade Neal and Blair for a good SG...tall/athletic..oh who can dribble the ball without turning it over.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Orton would be the kind of gamble Spurs should make with a min contract. D-League rules are now more flexible so Orton could be send in Austin in his first year. Spurs had to be creative to add some young talent because it won't come from the draft with #59 as only pick.
    Orlando is about to lose their star center, they only true one on their roster, and they got TWO years to look at Orton and decided to pass on him. That's kind of a red flag.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he joins for the minimum and is willing to go to Austin, I'd be fine taking on a 22-year old big man project.

Big ifs, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando is about to lose their star center, they only true one on their roster, and they got TWO years to look at Orton and decided to pass on him. That's kind of a red flag.
    Well, what it means is that they need someone now, and he's in no way ready right now. The Spurs have a long history of patience in this sort of thing, so if it takes him a year or two in Austin, that's not a dealbreaker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have have patience with out bigs we just don't have coaching staff that can help them when we get them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was searching some of the PF/C still available and Orton is playing for the Raptors summer league team right now:

http://www.nba.com/summer-league/201...ton/index.html

--

And speaking of the Raptors summer league team, CJ's brother is on the roster as well - Devoe Joseph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got size, athleticism, and he can defend. There's potential there and everywhere else, I wish we'd give a guy like him an invite to training camp. At best he's as I described him, at worst he was a project invite and he doesn't work out. With someone like that though does it really hurt to try?

Thread Information