Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romney Praises Poland’s Economy, Where Government Plays A Larger Role Than The U.S.

While it’s true that Poland is one of Europe’s fastest-growing economies and boasts dynamic entrepreneurs, Romney’s depiction of Poland as a place of small government is debatable. Even 23 years after throwing off a communist command economy, the Polish government continues to have a strong presence in people’s lives: it gives women $300 for each baby they have, doubling that sum for poor families; it fully funds state university educations; and it guarantees health care to all its 38 million citizens.

And while Poland’s economic growth has certainly been impressive in recent years, this is partly the result of economic redistribution in the form of subsidies that have been flowing in from the European Union since it joined the bloc in 2004.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...vernment-role/

So Poland's fast economic growth and JOB creation is totally an hetical to the Repug LIES that govt has no role in economic stimulus and job creation.

Gecko is so ing stupid, ignorant.

What a disastrous "international cred building" tour it was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr Romney has lurched from one blunder to the next during his first venture on the global stage, offending the British by questioning their readiness to host the Olympics, then infuriating Palestinians by saying Jerusalem is Israel's capital and that Israeli "culture" helps them succeed economically.
    http://www.news.com.au/world/mitt-ro...-1226439923168

Mitt. Does he know how to hold his tongue?

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have the GOP version of John Kerry

Thread Information