Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony knows Manu can't play more than 25 minutes a game. Tony just setting the game plan he's supposed to set. Tony just beating the inferior teammate he's supposed to beat.

Outcoached by the french, no surprises there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best part of the game was right at the start, when the british commentator on the australian foxtel broadcast said something along the lines of

"now this is an interesting game because Ginobili, Parker, Diaw and Delfino play together in the NBA in the San Diego Suns"

to which the 2nd commentator replied with

"mm-hmm that's right"

smh

truely the worst commentary i've ever heard in my life - i've got loads more of their quotes if there's any interest
    Lord that amazing! Bring'em on.
    On another note, how many teams from each group advance to the next round? France could end up 4 and 1.
    Last edited by spurs10; 07-31-2012 at 10:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony knows Manu can't play more than 25 minutes a game. Tony just setting the game plan he's supposed to set. Tony just beating the inferior teammate he's supposed to beat.

SpursDynasty couldn't have said it any better himself. No surprises, no big upsets, nothing to get worked up over...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3 Spurs

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Séraphin averaged 14/7 with Wizards as a starter (21 games). I doubt they will let him go. It isn't a surprise to see him doing well. He has had a great end of the season with Washington.

great game today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best player on the Spurs: 26 pts, 5 reb, 1 asst, 9-20 shooting
    Tony Parker: 17 pts, 5 assts, 1 reb, 4-17 shooting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For 's sake Diaw I had no idea they had Whataburger in London. Get in ing shape you're a professional athlete!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buffoons pitting Tony & Manu against each other.. Just be proud that you got two international lynchpins in the same side in the Spurs, fools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of shots did Parker close the game out with. I read it was 8 points in the last five or so minutes. We're they jumpers, drives or both?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody know where we can get highlights online? Also, does anyone know if Parker will have to wear these goggles forever or during the Spurs season or is the temporary?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont cry for me argentina

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, does anyone know if Parker will have to wear these goggles forever or during the Spurs season or is the temporary?
    He should only wears them for the Olympic and the main reason why he wears them right now is insurance issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lord that amazing! Bring'em on.
    Just for you, I will. More magic from the British commentary team heard on the Australian Foxtel Broadcast.

Not exact quotes but very very close IIRC

Argentine player gets fouled on the shot by Turiaf, goes to the line for the three point play.
    "Uh, well here... Well Turiaf, um, blocked the shot, so he's going to go the line for free throws too"

Scola tries to draw a charge, gets called for the defensive foul, and is upset.
    "Ah, you see, Scola in that situation has to get RIGHT out of the way, or he's going to get the foul every time."

Ginobili tries to draw a charge on the edge of the restricted area, gets called for the defensive foul, upset.
    "You know, I think Ginobili was actually inside the ... circly thingy."

4 times - once in each quarter something to this effect would happen
    "In that situation, I don't think a 'chest-type pass' is appropriate, he definetly had the room for a 'bounce-type pass'.
    OR
    "Ginobili should know to throw a 'chest-type pass' in a situation like that is an instant steal for the other team, it should have been a 'bounce-type pass"

Philosophy on fouling
    "Really, there shouldn't be any fouls at all in the first half. It just doesn't make sense to see them"

Diaw
    Everytime France had a foul called against them they said it was Diaw, who apparantly is the same player as Turiaf, Bokolo and De Colo.

Delfino
    In Argentina, the players were Ginobili, Scola, Prigioni and everybody else was just referred to as Delfino. Fair enough getting similar looking people mixed up once or twice - but for the whole match? And Nocioni looks NOTHING like Delfino.

Diaw's technical foul
    That didn't happen, late in the game. Gave him hate for thirty seconds about how dumb it was to get a technical foul at such a late stage in such a close game before sheepishly realising it was just a time out.

Diaw v Parker 3 pointers
    Made a big deal after Diaw took a 3 that the 3 was never a good shot for him, who IMO is decent at 3's. Parker took 5 three pointers, all missed and they didn't say anything even though its common knowledge he's the only point guard in the world who doesn't have a 3 point range.

Ginobili's flop
    Ginobili went for one of his patented flops, much to the dismay of the commentators.
    "What was that!? That wasn't real!! That was a pratt fall! That was faking! Oh, oh, oh, this is NOT a part of basketball that I like!"

Batum's rebounds
    They kept making a massssive deal of Batum's "BIG REBOUNDS!!" in which an uncontested rebound is a BIG REBOUND because Batum jumps in the air to get it. Really didn't make sense. They said it on 4-5 different occasions.

Basketball terms
    They kept trying to use basketball terms and their sentences would sort of just trail off in unfinishedness
    "Oh and Parker just ... uh drove .............."

Spurs
    At one point when Ginobili was bringing the ball up the court
    "And here come the Spurs"
    Which was kind of surprising given the San Diego Suns they'd said a few minutes earlier.

In and out!!!
    A long shot clanged off the rim, which they decided had actually gone in and out.

USA men's team
    They flashed in a shot of Lebron at one point who was watching the game
    "And that's uh... one of the member's of the USA men's team..?"
    Like , they can't even recognise Lebron James - the most well known and marketable basketball player of today.. :/
    Then they had a little running joke about how his glasses are for reading small writing. (?)

Diving
    They kept scoring people falling on the ground in diving terms.
    "Double twist with a kick .. Degree of difficulty: 4 haw haw haw"

Adjusting to refs
    "When will one of the leaders for one of the teams step up and say 'Hey guys, the refs are calling lots of fouls, let's ADJUST the way we're playing!'?? They're going to have to ADJUST! Basketball is about ADJUST!" etc etc etc a few times a quarter.

etc etc etc - i'm sure there's more. I was literally losing my at how bad the commentary was.. I'd rather listen to it in Spanish / French (don't speak them at all) or on mute -- but how many times in your life will you get the chance to hear such ill-informed poor basketball commentary?

I'm watching ARG v TUN in a couple of days,be interesting to see if I get to witness these two dropkicks again.
    Last edited by gee; 08-01-2012 at 05:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what the kind of British commentary is that?

San Diego Suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for you, I will. More magic from the British commentary team heard on the Australian Foxtel Broadcast.
    Are you sure if it wasn't Mr. Bean doing the commentary? With his doll sidekick as a ventriloquist?

Seriously that must have been the funniest commentary ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You literally lost your ? Gross, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm laughing too hard to comment....thanks Gee! Un%%#&ingbelievable. The 'circly thingy" is my favorite!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nando not this time:

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manu: "Sorry Tony, I know I flopped on that play" (first picture)

Parker: "I'm going to try and steal the ball, but which one should I go for?"

Thread Information