My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Non-issue.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs have the right skills to have a pretty nice team. They have speed(collison), shooting(mayo), defense(marion), and bigs(combination of Brand, Wright,Kaman). Fortunately, many of those players are complete liabilities outside of those areas. When Dirk gets healthy they'll have their superstar. Makings of a pretty decent team.

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Watch Dirk put a wrench in their game. Dirk is so overrated. Just a unathletic jumpshooter. They are better off with Wright starting.

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    tlong

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Watch Dirk put a wrench in their game. Dirk is so overrated. Just a unathletic jumpshooter. They are better off with Wright starting.
    How did the 2011 finals went? Wright put on a show on the Heat back then, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the Amateur le

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    How did the 2011 finals went? Wright put on a show on the Heat back then, eh?
    Dirk is unathletic and slow. He will need his touches which will take touches away from everyone else. You'll see. The team will struggle when Dirk comes back.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk is unathletic and slow. He will need his touches which will take touches away from everyone else. You'll see. The team will struggle when Dirk comes back.
    Just like he took away from Terry, Barea and the rest of those guys' game in 2011.

If anything, Dirk has shown that he is one of those very few unique superstars that can lead a team on his own. The Mavs survived massive changes in 05, and even in 09-10, and Dirk still carried them. His unique offensive efficiency makes the job for the rest of the team much easier.

If OJ thinks he's getting open looks now, he's got a surprise waiting when Dirk comes back.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk is unathletic and slow.
    You're absolutely right that Dirk's game is completely reliant on athleticism and his ability to run the floor quickly.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yep, too bad he does not have a jumper. And he is one of the most selfish guys in the league who needs their 25-30 shots a game...

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Heatchamps is just a ty ass troll. He has no basketball knowledge which is why he is obssesed with everything mavs and dirk

You can call me M&M. Mav-elous Man's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    An unathletic jump shooter that beat the heat in the finals. Some of his biggest shots came in the paint.

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    lol Thinking Dirk will be as effective as 2011. He will be turning into an old stiff like Kobe is now.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk doesn't need to be that good anymore. He has the most offensive talent he has had since they had Nash, Finley, Jamison and Walker, which turned out to be a mess because of conflicting styles of play. Basically all 5 of them were not able to be utilized properly.

This team has legit talent that can help him out so that he doesn't need to be otherworldly for them to win. Half the time, he can pretty much just absorb double teams from his presence to open things up for others, and shoot open jumpers when he has them.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    not just offense imho, the current team also play some good D regardless of being outnumbered in def. rebounds. their perimeter D has been so much better than last season with TOSBs replaced by younger/quicker nigs such as mayo and collison. it's a shame that they get outnumbered in rebounds by double figures in almost every game, dirk will help a bit when he comes back but kaman will be the guy to count on in rebounding. not expecting the same TC effect from kaman though. you're gonna need kaman to play near at least 80% of his prime form if you wanna make a serious push in the postseason tbh

Thread Information