Weight: 250 lbs
    Birthday: 07/20/1993
    College: Pittsburgh

DraftExpress
    NBADraft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wouldnt be bad cuz of how good they do wit players like him and Cojo but wouldnt do nuttin now 4 Spurs

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm legally obliged to like him, but I think he'll be solid as an NBA player. James Brocato's ASPM/RAPM draft predictor has him as a +0.4 player for his career, and the history of dominating at Adidas against Drummond(And Drummonds own improvement in NBA) will help him be drafted high enough to make the decision to go worth it. I'd take him ahead of Dieng, as being as good as he's been as a 19 year old is indicative of greater NBA success than Dieng's play as a 23 year old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...r-steven-adams

Look for the San Antonio Spurs to be one of the NBA teams to be in the mix to draft Steven Adams, the 7-foot center who played one season at Pitt.
    San Antonio general manager R.C. Buford was at the Petersen Events Center in March for Pitt’s home finale against Villanova. Adams did not play in the game because he sprained an ankle in practice the day before. NBA scouts visit Pitt home games often, but a general manager is more noteworthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ good find. Interesting player who seems tough as they come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kiwi!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just found out about this kid today. He appears to have some very good skills along with some very good measurables. ESPN's draft profile on him reads like this:

Positives:
    - Long, athletic big man
    - NBA body with huge hands
    - Very physical player
    - Terrific rebounder
    - Excellent motor

Negatives:
    - Needs to add experience/polish
    - Looks completely lost on offense
    - Very young for a NBA prospect

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/...yer/_/id/19728

A young kid with a good motor is ALWAYS a good thing. As a matter of fact, a good motor is a skill that always seems to translate well to the next level (see the Nuggets' Kenneth Faried). There is a lot to like about this kid. Even though ESPN has him rated just behind Louisvilles' Gourgi Dieng, The Spurs would be very fortunate to be able to land either - assuming one or the other falls to them in the draft.

It's high time that the Spurs invest in some youth and athleticism along their frontline. After all, the expiration date on the "Turd Towers" is well past due and it's time to move on. Either Dieng or Adams, paired with the anticipated development and emergence of Aron Baynes, would be a great way to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparable with Asik?

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty clear he's not going to be available for the Spurs. 3rd Degree(A new Zealand TV show) is doing a story on him tonight, and it's been good so far. Pineapple lumps, him talking about how he was a mess and they're doing the Kawhi-@Stackmack Handsize comparison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this guy is still around at 13, I think the Spurs make the call to Dallas. I like what I've read about him. Tough.
    Swap picks, offer them Bonner, and take back one of their ty deals (Vince, OJ?).

Thread Information