Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I am just being bombarded with logical fallacy after logical fallacy right now.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol redzero crying for all those souls who chose to wreak havoc with their free will.

but he only raped and killed a hundred little girls, it's only a finite crime!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    how can one see this and not believe that a super intellect exists..even if he's made himself impersonal to us and even though we can't understand his rationale there's just no way a sane person can observe this and think chance existence...and tbh when I look at my penis I know he exists no way that thing just showed up on it's own...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Certain things in life seem thought out by a higher power. Like for example, the fact sex feels so amazingly good and yet somehow that is the very exact thing that is required in order for life to go on.

like that seems VERY thought out, not just 'science' and 'chance' and bacteria was randomly floating in water and lightning struck and life began. Of course, I'm not saying that neccesarily is proof that an old man with a white beard exists, my point is whatever is happening makes about as much sense to us as internet does to an ant.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    Certain things in life seem thought out by a higher power. Like for example, the fact sex feels so amazingly good and yet somehow that is the very exact thing that is required in order for life to go on.

like that seems VERY thought out, not just 'science' and 'chance' and bacteria was randomly floating in water and lightning struck and life began. Of course, I'm not saying that neccesarily is proof that an old man with a white beard exists, my point is whatever is happening makes about as much sense to us as internet does to an ant.
    the universe is God's physical creation...imagine what he's creating in the spirit world that we cannot see...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Lol redzero crying for all those souls who chose to wreak havoc with their free will.

but only raped and killed a hundred little girls, it's only a finite crime!
    I'm not crying about anything. I am merely pointing out a contradiction in logic.

If one is All-Loving, they would not sentence anybody to an infinite punishment for a finite crime. In fact, if one was All-Loving, All-Powerful, and All-Knowing, they wouldn't allow somebody to rape and murder hundreds of little girls in the first place.

"BUT MAH FREE WILL!," you idiotically cry. But what about the free will of all the little girls that is taken away by the murderer? And what about God violating peoples' free will all through out the Bible? And doesn't that excuse about free will justify human beings not helping each other? Oh! Sorry, I forgot that Christians hold their God--somebody who is better than we are in every way, according to them--to lower standards than humans. Funny how that works out.

Now what re ed excuse will you give me next?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Well there is the "word" "god"

there is a reality that sleeping humans cannot see because they are asleep and then there is all the "concepts" that everyone fights about...but they aren't fighting about "god" or "reality"

they are fighting about their "concepts"

The ironic thing is that those who "wake up" will not have a need to fight about "sleeping people's concepts"
    More lies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    how can one see this and not believe that a super intellect exists..even if he's made himself impersonal to us and even though we can't understand his rationale there's just no way a sane person can observe this and think chance existence...and tbh when I look at my penis I know he exists no way that thing just showed up on it's own...
    Another argument from ignorance/incredulity. I should start counting the logical fallacies out in this thread.

"It seems to be this way, and I can't possibly think of it being any other way!," is not an argument.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I think I'll pass because I'm too smart to play stupid.
    Ahhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Being an atheist must totally suck. No faith in anything, living in a world choked full of churches. Religious holidays, gospel music, now add..so help me God...in God we trust...one nation under God....I swear to God ...while they wander around totally lost, must suck.

Then there's this childish bull ....well can ya prove it huh huh huh huh.....hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Prove you love someone, prove your hungry, prove your jealous, prove your sad/glad/mad......can't do it.
    What's your religion

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    lets adress one by one....

If one is All-Loving, they would not sentence anybody to an infinite punishment for a finite crime. In fact, if one was All-Loving, All-Powerful, and All-Knowing, they wouldn't allow somebody to rape and murder hundreds of little girls in the first place.
    The infinte punishment is death...not torture and suffering....since you didn't create yourself it's not your call...tbh just like you tell your kids what they can and cannot do....simple concept....pain and suffering is part of life in the interim according to the bible...God allowing bad things to happen is teaching us a lesson for the life he has planned in the future..I said it earlier life on earth in my view is a pilot...he's preparing the universe for what will be filled with life and planets and the suffering here on earth will be a testament to his rule of law...i simple cannot question a super intellect...the fact that he even gives you the ability to question him as a human is incredible...

"BUT MAH FREE WILL!," you idiotically cry. But what about the free will of all the little girls that is taken away by the murderer? And what about God violating peoples' free will all through out the Bible? And doesn't that excuse about free will justify human beings not helping each other? Oh! Sorry, I forgot that Christians hold their God--somebody who is better than we are in every way, according to them--to lower standards than humans. Funny how that works out.
    answered above

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1.) What contradiction?
    2.) You still haven't addressed my point about .

And you know this how? What evidence are you using to support your claim?
    Watching all those down and outers change things around once they found God. Watching old folks content knowing their loved ones are up in Heaven. Watching little kids in Sunday school learning about God. Listening to 100 member strong gospel groups.

Little man I really do pity you.

When you are laying there dying and nobody is praying for your sorry ass maybe then it you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    What's your religion

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    lets adress one by one....

The infinte punishment is death...not torture and suffering....since you didn't create yourself it's not your call...tbh just like you tell your kids what they can and cannot do....simple concept....pain and suffering is part of life in the interim according to the bible...God allowing bad things to happen is teaching us a lesson for the life he has planned in the future..I said it earlier life on earth in my view is a pilot...he's preparing the universe for what will be filled with life and planets and the suffering here on earth will be a testament to his rule of law...i simple cannot question a super intellect...the fact that he even gives you the ability to question him as a human is incredible...

answered above
    You didn't answer . You made baseless assertions and fell back on the "God works in mysterious ways" cop out. How is God letting murder take place teaching anybody a lesson? What lesson are the little girls being murdered in Creepn's scenario being taught? And why didn't God let the Jewish slaves in Egypt just stay in captivity (which didn't actually happen, by the way)? You have no reason to believe in this illogical bull , and instead of acknowledging it, you hide behind faith.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't have a religion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Watching all those down and outers change things around once they found God. Watching old folks content knowing they loved ones are up in Heaven. Watching little kids in Sunday school learning about God. Listening to 100 member strong gospel groups.
    And if they didn't turn things around, would that be proof that God doesn't exist?

You theists love to have it both ways:
    -If something good happens, praise be to God!
    -If something bad happens, well, you just can't question God!

God gets all of the credit and none of the blame. God helping Trill in his bull anecdote is proof that he exists. But if God didn't help Trill, would that be proof that God doesn't exist?

God didn't help anybody in Sandy Hook. God didn't help anybody in Aurora. God didn't help anybody when that tornado ravaged Oklahoma. God didn't help anybody during 9/11. God didn't help anybody during any genocides. God didn't prevent WWI and WWII. God hasn't cured AIDS yet. God hasn't done anything. You just attribute the good to God and the bad to something else. That's all there is to it.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And if they didn't turn things around, would that be proof that God doesn't exist?

God gets all of the credit and none of the blame. God helping Trill in his bull anecdote is proof that he exists. But if God didn't help Trill, would that be proof that God doesn't exist?

God didn't help anybody in Sandy Hook. God didn't help anybody in Aurora. God didn't help anybody when that tornado ravaged Oklahoma. God didn't help anybody during 9/11. God didn't help anybody during any genocides. God didn't prevent WWI and WWII. God hasn't cured AIDS yet. God hasn't done anything. You just attribute the good to God and the bad to something else. That's all there is to it.
    I feel sorry for ya little fella.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I don't have a religion.
    So you're following around a God you made up.

You're so smart!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    You didn't answer . You made baseless assertions and fell back on the "God works in mysterious ways" cop out. How is God letting murder take place teaching anybody a lesson? What lesson are the little girls being murdered in Creepn's scenario being taught? And why didn't God let the Jewish slaves in Egypt just stay in captivity (which didn't actually happen, by the way)? You have no reason to believe in this illogical bull , and instead of acknowledging it, you hide behind faith.
    he allows it for a very short period of time...we've (humans) only been in existence like 6 or 7 thousand yrs...your fatal flaw is thinking that God's timescale translates to something that should be logical for you (something he created) to understand. Imagine a deity that has existed for eternity (always existed) and compare that to 7 thousand yrs....your brain simply cannot compute it...while it may hurt I can accept it because according to what he created in Adam and Eve he gave them the ability to dictate the fate of humanity..they chose and God altered his plan by sending Jesus as the savoir...if he let Jesus suffer what makes you think we won't....and Jesus went healing everyone he could while on earth....God has a plan and it's very logical to me even though I'm going to suffer and die just like the next guy...I don't hide behind religion..one of the smartest men to ever live said unequivocally God exists, he's just not a personal God to us at the moment...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I feel sorry for ya little fella.
    You already posted that. I get that you are too pathetic to have a reason to go on living without an invisible sky daddy. Sorry that I don't need to believe in fairy tales to make myself feel happy. Sorry that I view the world as it is.

silverblk mystix
    So you're following around a God you made up.

You're so smart!
    And you are arguing over a word- and worse - you are convinced your stance is superior to someone's elses stance over something neither of you has ever seen or even knows what it is.

Very smart!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    thats a really good question. I also wonder why it hasnt evolutionized into the opposite. why do good things happen to good people.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    he allows it for a very short period of time...
    Doesn't matter. He shouldn't have allowed it at all.

we've (humans) only been in existence like 6 or 7 thousand yrs...
    You're off on your math by hundreds of thousands of years.

your fatal flaw is thinking that God's timescale translates to something that should be logical for you (something he created) to understand.
    Yawn. Yet another argument that God doesn't have to make any kind of sense. Yet another attempt to throw away logic and reasoning to embrace stupidity.

Imagine a deity that has existed for eternity (always existed) and compare that to 7 thousand yrs....your brain simply cannot compute it...while it may hurt I can accept it because according to what he created in Adam and Eve he gave them the ability to dictate the fate of humanity..they chose and God altered his plan by sending Jesus as the savoir...
    "We can't understand why God does what he does, but here is an explanation for why God does what he does."

if he let Jesus suffer what makes you think we won't....
    He let Jesus suffer for no reason, and he is letting humanity suffer for no reason.

God has a plan and it's very logical to me even though I'm going to suffer and die just like the next guy...
    If it's very logical, stop hiding behind "God works in mysterious ways," and give me a logical explanation for God's illogical actions.

I don't hide behind religion..one of the smartest men to ever live said unequivocally God exists, he's just not a personal God to us at the moment...
    And now you are using appeals to authority. Smart people can believe in dumb things for dumb reasons. Whether or not somebody who is intelligent believes in something has no bearing on whether that thing is true or not.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights

^ God didnt help Jesus either when he was being tortured on that cross...he sent Jesus to earth to suffer and die for us...even while Jesus was praying to him...he still let him suffer and then he resurrected him and elevated him to heaven...I told you the suffering argument is all atheists have...I trust that a spirit that created the universe and then decided to share life with humans has to have a real good reason for it....I cannot question that type of being...no more than I can look at the sun he created without being blinded or touch an electrical current without getting fryed....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    ^ God didnt help Jesus either when he was being tortured on that cross...he sent Jesus to earth to suffer and die for us...
    ...for no reason.

even while Jesus was praying to him...he still let him suffer and then he resurrected him and elevated him to heaven...
    ...for no reason.

I told you the suffering argument is all atheists have...
    No, we also have the facts that your religion has no good evidence supporting it, makes no sense, and is inherently contradictory...

I trust that a spirit that created the universe and then decided to share life with humans has to have a real good reason for it....
    ...and all you have is a desire for your irrational beliefs to be true...

I cannot question that type of being...no more than I can look at the sun he created without being blinded or touch an electrical current without getting fryed....
    ...and you do not care about what is actually true. You just shut your brain off when confronted with the nonsense in Christianity.

Thread Information