Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I thought Life is Beautiful was kinda sad. Probably not the saddest I've seen, but one of the first that came to mind that hasn't been mentioned already.
    Yeah, that was terrible seeing him get wasted by random Nazi with the MP40. Still, it's actually a pretty happy movie. People who haven't seen it think I'm nuts when I say a movie about the concentration camps is one of the funniest comedies I have ever seen though. It really is hilarious; especially the part when he translates upon arrival so the kid thinks it's a camp to win a tank.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Oh yeah, no doubt it was funny. It is a really great comedy and movie overall. Just thought that part of the ending was a bummer.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Oh yeah, no doubt it was funny. It is a really great comedy and movie overall. Just thought that part of the ending was a bummer.
    Yeah, but him riding on the tank when the Amis liberated the camp was awesome.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Movies that make you cry like a baby. I'll name 2. Old Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows. I hate that I know these 2 movies. So depressing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    Best of the Best

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Forrest Gump & Hachi

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah Hachi must be the ultimate tear inducing dog story. Reading Imdb reviews on it is quite entertaining though.

"Well, I just came back from seeing this in Shinjuku earlier and I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen so many people crying at the end of a movie"

"I'm not at all an emotional person,but this movie really touched me,i couldn't even stop crying after 15 minutes from the final.I just sat on my armchair,and started to cry. "

"Well what can i say. I'm a guy i don't cry about movies i know its fake but i gotta say this one caught me by surprise even tho id watched the trailer and read a few reviews already. by the end of the movie i was in tears absolutely broken down crying my eyes out."

"Just a warning, do take many tissues. I am a grown man and can honestly say that I have never really cried during a movie. I think the score of the movie plus the dog being so adorable made me lose myself. When I looked around the theater though, every single person was crying and I saw a lot of red eyes as I left the Men's restroom."

"I have watched some touching and moving movies in my lifetime and about 2 movies have made me cry, However i was crying my eyes out when i was watching this Hachiko movie. I was crying for a good 10 -15 minutes even after this movie ended. I have browsed through the comments and reviews on this IMDb board and on other online forums and have noticed that so many other people who watched this movie have also cried. I really think NO OTHER MOVIE has made so many people cry"

etc...etc...
    Last edited by InK; 06-27-2013 at 04:17 PM.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    im starting to notice a trend here

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    anywho...this right here

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I forgot the ending of The Lives of Others. "No, it's for me."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Simon Burke.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Rossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse" - Jack Dawson

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    monster's ball is very sad. it's not like you're about to cry while watching it but the whole atmosphere was so macabre that even the Billy-Halle sex scene couldn't make you feel any delight. It's a movie that should be watched with your soul rather than your eyes.

Bobby Long is also a sad movie but the actors were not the best fits for the characters of the movie. Scarlett was brilliant as always but you could never have any sympathy with Travolta. There was originally a masturbation scene of Scarlett which would've been the highlight of that film, but it was deleted unfortunately

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Elephant Man.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now this will sound but Toy Story 3 lol

I grew up with them movies and the kid Andy is like the same age as my grade so idk it was just sad as for some reason
    Nothing wrong with liking Pixar, imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm showing my young age, but I cried like a watching 50/50.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "To save a life in defeat, is to earn victory and honor within. Your brother too was a great fighter, i deeply regret your loss and i offer myself as your brother."

cheesy movie, but man what a scene. Gettin teary eyed just thinking about it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lonesome Dove.... the whole last hour.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    In a Lonely Place - 1950

Dixon Steele: I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me.

Last edited by Capt Bringdown; 06-28-2013 at 11:59 AM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You gd rights.

I love the scene in the race track stable when the Champ comes down to finally talk with "Annie" Faye Dunaway. Their conversation is poignant and then turns on a moment when she realizes that Voight wants her to return to them, him & the boy, to reconcile. "What is it, Billy?" She goes to her knees then and subjugates herself to him in order to preserve his dignity at denial. It's a decimating scene and the turning point for the Champ. His death is imminent from that moment on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    E.T.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    There is a part in an otherwise rancid movie "As Good as It Gets" which never fails to draw a tear. It's in the hospital room where the guy "Simon" who gets robbed is recovering from his wounds. He's all ed up if you'll remember correctly. His face is sewn together like Frankenstein's monster. He has not seen himself yet. His female manager is there and so is Cuba Gooding, his close acquaintance. Gooding is seated at the foot of the hospital bed when "Simon" asks for a hand mirror so he can view himself for the first time. The female manager very reluctantly agrees to hand it over after being implored to do so by "Simon." The mirror is face down in his hand, and as he turns it upright Gooding rises from his seat to stand in the moment, almost coming to attention as "Simon" views the damage.

It's quite a moment.

Thread Information