Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    He was in love with Earl Thomas all night on Monday...
    Hard not to love Earl, he should be a hawk for life (along with Sherm and Wagner).

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Hard not to love Earl, he should be a hawk for life (along with Sherm and Wagner).
    Hopefully he is...a la Ed Reed. Jon G. was also all over Robert Quinn to say the least.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Gruden was sucking off Duke Ihenacho in the Broncos Raiders game

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Gruden raves about Andre every time they're on MNF. Bring him in.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'll miss him on MNF, wherever he goes. One of the only reasons to watch that most weeks, imho
    agree, I think he's actually pretty good as an announcer. He reminds me a bit of Madden, in that you can tell they are so fiery and passionate about things, they are trying to hold back from cussing at times. tbh, I used to think Madden was boring as a kid, I never got into the Madden/Summerall team, which is sacrilegious. Then I read an article with Trip Hawkins, founder of Electronic Arts, and he was saying how Madden's greatest gift was turning off his cussing for broadcasts, because in real life he was dropping f-bombs left and right about the game. So I see that aspect in Gruden, though ultimately I think he'll never be as good as Madden who I came to like a lot more once paired with Michaels. Gruden is still young enough to coach somewhere, I just don't know how good he'll be, he seems to burn players out after awhile. Though I would like to see what Gruden could do with a good to great QB again.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm shocked that anyone can stand Gruden, his schtick of sucking off basically everyone in the NFL gets on my nerves, tbh....

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm shocked that anyone can stand Gruden, his schtick of sucking off basically everyone in the NFL gets on my nerves, tbh....
    ur just salty because he was sucking off Pryor as he was beating your Chargers

i wonder if his offense will involve any SLUGGO ROUTEs

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He's a decent announcer but he's come off as such a goofy, happy-go-lucky guy for long enough now that Idk how/if he'll ever be able to go back to coaching.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    ur just salty because he was sucking off Pryor as he was beating your Chargers
    He's given the Chargers the same treatment before too, he's an equal opportunity sucker, tbh....

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He's hyperbolic, sure, but as HI-FI said, it stems from his enthusiasm for the game. What I enjoy most is his ability to break down plays, you can really tell he's a student of the game. There are way too many former players that do color, most of whom are terrible, and not enough coaches. Brian Billick is another guy I love to listen to. Nice change of pace from the idiots like Simms, Aikman, Fouts etc that are just plain awful

Another thing that makes Gruden good is Tirico, who is one of the best in the business. There's a good contrast there, which is a highly underrated trait for a broadcast duo.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Have a buddy I work with that talks about how he's getting so tired of Dallas losing close games and that he doesn't know how much more he can take. I told him to come talk to me after he loses a few hundred more like that.
    Well tbh, I've only been a fan since 2000/01 so just missed the 'glory days'. My experience as a Cowboy fan has been almost 15 years of mediocrity/comical losses

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    He's hyperbolic, sure, but as HI-FI said, it stems from his enthusiasm for the game. What I enjoy most is his ability to break down plays, you can really tell he's a student of the game. There are way too many former players that do color, most of whom are terrible, and not enough coaches. Brian Billick is another guy I love to listen to. Nice change of pace from the idiots like Simms, Aikman, Fouts etc that are just plain awful

Another thing that makes Gruden good is Tirico, who is one of the best in the business. There's a good contrast there, which is a highly underrated trait for a broadcast duo.
    Simms is the ing worst. He hates on Eli Manning too. I don't like Boomer either

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I cannot ing stand Tirico calling the basket "the cup" in NBA broadcasts

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Anything is better than Garrett. But Gruden has become so overrated it's going to be funny watching him come back and be mediocre.

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Kenny moose and goose is amazing tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Moose is awesome, agreed

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Kenny moose and goose is amazing tbh
    cosigned. I never thought a former cowboy would be one of the best but Moose is very good, even when he does preseason for Cowboy games with Babe Laufenberg. Kenny got the commentating genes from his dad, and goose is funny at times. Probably my overall favorite crew.

agree with symple about Brian Billick, I actually think he's very good.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    His TV personality has ..0...to do with this, the guy knows the game and was a huge success at it. He'd be an upgrade to half the teams in the league.

I'd hire him in a minute if I owned a losing team.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    with this many years out of the game, i wonder if he could just step right in and be a head coach though

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    with this many years out of the game, i wonder if he could just step right in and be a head coach though
    It's not as if he went off to ranching, he's been right there with the game.

Thread Information