Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    WOW

Craziest ending ever to a fight of that magnitude.

Weidman is the real champ and that's a fact.. Silva really didn't have anything for him so all props to Chris..
    Exactly, some people will say that it was a lucky break (no pun intended) for Weidman, but he completely dominated that first round.

Vitor has a history of being broke by wrestlers.. I am taking Weidman..
    This is ViTrTor

little bit premature to say that don't ya think? anderson wasn't doing bad until that point.. and imo was winning the second. he busted up weidman and landed some nice knees...

regardless i have vitor winning the rematch
    Right...name me a big UFC fight of that magnitude with a more shocking and disappointing ending ever? The closest I can think of is Cro Cop V Gonzaga, and even that is a highlight reel KO. This was very sad...as sad as that one guy that used the fish store joke. Most people dont know about boxing

Post Count
    i'm so mad at meisha tate that i can't even hate rousey anymore. u abandon your game plan to show the world that you can take rousey down and then use up all of your energy. just stupid for no reason. stand with her, tire her out and take her deep. i dont' think tate threw one knee the whole fight. she's just not a good fighter. i was hoping she won, but she wasn't fighting to win, but fighting to survive.
    Ronda really impressed me tonight. Miesha got her into deeper water but it didn't matter. Even when you get Ronda down she is so strong and her grappling is so good she is in control from the bottom. Miesha had top control and never did a thing. Ronda carried over her cardio and grappling strength into rounds 2 and 3. She is going to so hard to beat..

Right...name me a big UFC fight of that magnitude with a more shocking and disappointing ending ever? The closest I can think of is Cro Cop V Gonzaga, and even that is a highlight reel KO. This was very sad...as sad as that one guy that used the fish store joke. Most people dont know about boxing
    Couture/Sylvia
    Evans/Liddell
    Franklin/Liddell
    Hughes/GSP II
    Edgar/Penn II

Post Count
    Fighting outside of Brazil probably. Tougher testing..

Ronda really impressed me tonight. Miesha got her into deeper water but it didn't matter. Even when you get Ronda down she is so strong and her grappling is so good she is in control from the bottom. Miesha had top control and never did a thing. Ronda carried over her cardio and grappling strength into rounds 2 and 3. She is going to so hard to beat..
    cyborg would destroy her tbh

Post Count
    It's sad but to me that is why MMA is better than boxing.. The unpredictable nature of the sport..

Post Count
    Would be a great fight..

Couture/Sylvia
    Evans/Liddell
    Franklin/Liddell
    Yes No lyfe, I'm aware that you have the ability to name 3 fights that were upsets. You see, I understand you're 16 years old, but upsets are a part of combat sports. The poster above was stating no fight of this magnitude ever ended in a shocking fashion. He was right, you were wrong per par.

It's sad but to me that is why MMA is better than boxing.. The unpredictable nature of the sport..
    Im a huge fan of Boxing and MMA, love them both. Watched both since I was a kid, Tyson\Bowe\Holyfield etc and on another hand Gracie\Severn\Frye. Good ol days

cyborg had a penis once in her life, and thats a fact

Post Count
    Weidman is all class and I am a fan now.. He is a great rep for the sport..

Yes No lyfe, I'm aware that you have the ability to name 3 fights that were upsets. You see, I understand you're 16 years old, but upsets are a part of combat sports. The poster above was stating no fight of this magnitude ever ended in a shocking fashion. He was right, you were wrong per par.
    Bro, I've been watching the UFC and MMA since the original Shamrock/Ortiz fight.. Don't try to talk to me about knowing the sport. Guarantee I know way more than you do.

What exactly was I wrong about? I couldn't understand your incoherent, uneducated response. You asked a question, I answered. Anderson was not doing bad in the fight. So to say he had nothing for Weidman is incorrect.

Post Count
    Im a huge fan of Boxing and MMA, love them both. Watched both since I was a kid, Tyson\Bowe\Holyfield etc and on another hand Gracie\Severn\Frye. Good ol days
    I was a boxing fan first and still watch but the HW division being so bad turned me off the sport and on to MMA years ago..

Post Count
    Bro, I've been watching the UFC and MMA since the original Shamrock/Ortiz fight.. Don't try to talk to me about knowing the sport. Guarantee I know way more than you do.

What exactly was I wrong about? I couldn't understand your incoherent, uneducated response. You asked a question, I answered. Anderson was not doing bad in the fight. So to say he had nothing for Weidman is incorrect.
    What did he have for Weidman? He got taken down and rocked in round 1 and then came round 2.. Weidman is legit..

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Well Anderson has no heart. he could bounce that off and fight!

Ronda. It takes Olympic medalist to have that huge advantage in one category and win womens le.
    Cyborg with her striking could f her up

Post Count
    Bro, I've been watching the UFC and MMA since the original Shamrock/Ortiz fight..
    UFC 40... Old School..

I was a boxing fan first and still watch but the HW division being so bad turned me off the sport and on to MMA years ago..
    I was the same way. I just fell back into boxing as well when I watched the welterweights-super middleweights. HW division died a long time ago.

What did he have for Weidman? He got taken down and rocked in round 1 and then came round 2.. Weidman is legit..
    His Muy-Thai impressed me and his guard was good. He even landed some good shots and bloodied up Weidman. In the second, he was landing the better strikes until the injury. Not saying he would have won... but a disappointing end.

To say he had nothing for him would be implying something equivalent to Rousey/Tate.

UFC 40... Old School..
    Yeah man. Watched MMA become mainstream. It's crazy to think back in the day, and how Hughes and Liddell were basically that of GSP and Anderson.

Post Count
    His Muy-Thai impressed me and his guard was good. He even landed some good shots and bloodied up Weidman. In the second, he was landing the better strikes until the injury. Not saying he would have won... but a disappointing end.

To say he had nothing for him would be implying something equivalent to Rousey/Tate.
    Weidman was completely calm out there and in command. He is basically a bigger and better version of Sonnen. He has power and is younger. Plus unlike Chael Weidman seems to step up and not choke in big fights..

Weidman was completely calm out there and in command. He is basically a bigger and better version of Sonnen. He has power and is younger. Plus unlike Chael Weidman seems to step up and not choke in big fights..
    I'm not sold on Weidman. I don't think he can beat Vitor, and I really don't think he can beat Mousasi or Machida (especially Machida)

Post Count
    Yeah man. Watched MMA become mainstream. It's crazy to think back in the day, and how Hughes and Liddell were basically that of GSP and Anderson.
    I was a diehard o Ortiz fan.. Liddell knocking him out twice broke my heart..

Thread Information