My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stern knows he's ed if he doesn't trade Paul...I mean the Hornets will contract...He will be on the phone begging the Lakers for a deal when this falls through...payback can be a Stern

NBA Trying To Resuscitate Paul Trade Talks With Clippers

Dec 12, 2011 5:08 PM EST
    While the Clippers are believed to have walked away from trade negotiations for Chris Paul, the NBA is believed to be trying to resuscitate trade talks.
    The Clippers are offering Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and the Hornets' choice between Eric Gordon and the 2012 first round pick from the Wolves.
    Talks fell apart when the NBA demanded both Gordon and the Minnesota pick be included for Paul.
    A source tells Marc Stein that Paul wants to be with the Clippers and the team is still prepared to listen to offers from the NBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stern is freaking greedy ... Clips were smart to back away from the negotiating table, just like Mitch was.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this reminds of Justin Timberlakes song..one of my all time favorites by the way...lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stern could come back to LAL

CP3 for Blake & Walton, straight up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't give them Gordon. Good SGs are extinct nowadays.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy crap, clippers management actually making a smart maneuver for once. this "walking away" might let them keep eric gordon or the minny pick. this is very good for the clips.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is my fave JT song. He was still getting that young Brittney pussy too.

I got some good pussy listening to JT's he the realest white boy ever...

these 2 right here...real ...I know N\ggas hate on him cuz he white...but his game tight...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll never forgive Three 6 Mafia for doing a track with Timberlake...I'm mean it's the same dudes who dropped these gems...

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Paul + Griffin

Stern is rightfully so masturbating at the thought of that

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I trade your rights back to lakersground in exchange for the worst they got...

Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul + Griffin

Stern is rightfully so masturbating at the thought of that
    right now, he's jackin' to someone saving the Hornets. Demps presented a great trade in which the Rockets and the Hornets received pretty good compensation. The Lakers I think would have gotten the ty end of that deal. We already have enough suspect knees with Bynum and Bryant; and you're giving up two players (Odom and Gasol). Unless Howard was coming, that trade was .

Stern is literally trying to stockpile talent in New Orleans so a buyer can come and purchase that squad. Wanted more from the Lakers and more from the Clipps. He better be careful because if Paul ends up walking, New Orleans is ed.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just read talks between the clippers and hornets is back on. League wants deal done by Tuesday.

I'm the greatest kamikazi_player's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know why the Clippers are stupid enough to match the deal with Deandre Jordan? 43 mil/4 years? And I thought the Golden State Warriors were stupid . Isn't this new deal was supposed to make the owners more wary of giving bad contracts? This is not a good start.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    With Billups, they don't need CP3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right now, he's jackin' to someone saving the Hornets. Demps presented a great trade in which the Rockets and the Hornets received pretty good compensation. The Lakers I think would have gotten the ty end of that deal. We already have enough suspect knees with Bynum and Bryant; and you're giving up two players (Odom and Gasol). Unless Howard was coming, that trade was .

Stern is literally trying to stockpile talent in New Orleans so a buyer can come and purchase that squad. Wanted more from the Lakers and more from the Clipps. He better be careful because if Paul ends up walking, New Orleans is ed.
    Not really, Larry, but all will hopefully be revealed as I said it would because it made too much sense not to. The LA trade was a really bad one for NO. That doesn't mean it was good for LA. I thought it was fair for LA. They gave up a good amount of talent for CP3. That wasn't the issue though. Even though the players NO would have been getting might exceed the talent of the guys from the Clips (unless it includes Gordon), then that talent meant nothing to a team in NO's situation. That was the entire hang up.

If LAL was the best offer, then letting CP3 walk for nothing is the right move. Luckily, like I said, there would be much, much better offers out there for CP3 for NO if they didn't let Demps make a stupid move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Billups, they don't need CP3.
    Don't be silly. Billups isn't stopping them from getting anyone, nor should he. He is washed up some. He is only a 2M dollar player for them and no team would give up on getting a superstar because of an aging guy on a contract worth slightly more than the Veteran Minimum.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't be silly. Billups isn't stopping them from getting anyone, nor should he. He is washed up some. He is only a 2M dollar player for them and no team would give up on getting a superstar because of an aging guy on a contract worth slightly more than the Veteran Minimum.
    Stern is trying to bend them over. They already have Mo Williams, and now Chauncey. I hear what you are saying, but this signing proves to me that they won't have to give up Gordon to get CP3. Yes CP3 is a stud, but they would have already given up too much to get him. I don't blame their GM for holding on to Gordon. But hey, that's just me.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read talks between the clippers and hornets is back on. League wants deal done by Tuesday.
    It's going to happen. Stern knows he needs to flip the script. That happens once Paul and Griffin become teammates. The media will quickly change it's tune and the NBA will look a lot better because of it.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billups will be so pissed off. Man that would suck.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If the Clippers obtain him without giving up Eric Gordon, the United States Congress should shut down the NBA.

No matter what deal the Clippers offer, it won't be half the value that the Lamar Odom/Luis Scola/Kevin Martin/Dragic/#1 pick deal was.

It won't even be close. This is a travesty and one of the darkest, most disgusting episodes in NBA history ranking right up there with the the fixing of the 2004, 2006 and 2008 Finals by the league office through the use of corrupted officials.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now they're back off again...All I have to say to Stern is that every dog has it's day...He's about to face serious legal consequences for his bad ethics
    Clippers Again Back Away From Chris Paul Trade Talks

Dec 13, 2011 3:35 AM EST
    The Clippers' trade talks for Chris Paul died again late on Monday, according to a source.

When given permission to speak with Paul, the point guard expressed excitement to the Clippers about playing with Eric Gordon and the potential of having a high first round pick from the Wolves, say sources.

The Clippers are concerned that surrendering both of those assets would compromise their ability to retain Paul in the long-term.

The Hornets and Clippers have held discussions that are built around Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu, along with Gordon and the 2012 pick from Minnesota.

Sources say the Clippers are resisting giving up Gordon and that management has promised they won't include him in any deal for Paul. If he is retained, the team is hoping to sign him to a long-term extension.
    Further complicating the situation is that many people around the league are skeptical of the NBA's true intentions on whether they actually want to trade Paul. The concern is that the NBA may be trying to protect themselves against legal liability by publicly attempting to trade Paul after they vetoed a deal last week involving the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing will happen. Since the Lakers deal was bad compared with the Clippers deal.
    And the NBA has to do what's best for the Hornets, not the Lakers.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn.

Thread Information