Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do yourself a favor and soak in these atrocious butthurt takes on whether or not Lebron's jersey should be retired in Miami

would rather retire Haslem's number than Lebron's
    already calling Lebron "LeQuit"

"POLL - SHOULD LEBRON'S NUMBER BE RETIRED?"

Again, I have to remind everyone that Wade stepped back and allowed the Heat to make your boy the centerpiece so we could win, due to the 2011 failure. Due to this, he got to enjoy being the centerpiece of the team and get the "credit" that a centerpiece gets, even though this was a collective effort by the BIG 3. Saying "He was the dominant one", as if he was the reason we won, is a slap to Wade's face.
    No.His name is already there, on an Olympic banner. It's a good way to honor his contributions without having to deal with the issue of the length of his term. 4 years is short, guys. I know we're an expansion team, but we need to think longterm. I want to keep it to the Olympic banner until we see if how his numbers hold up in HEAT history. We can retire it later if necessary.I also think Wade, Haslem and Bosh should have a say in it. It wouldn't be fair to their numbers if they feel it diminishes their contributions. They should be remembered as the ones who stayed committed to the original vision of the Big3. And I say this as someone who thinks LeBron is the goat. I just don't think we should consider making that exception this early.
    No. If we retire every mercenary who makes a pit stop on our teams number, players will have to start wearing triple digits.
    For 4 years? Sure ... we can retire his jersey for 4 years.That would be the perfect tribute to his contributions and his loyalty to the franchise that took the shame off his resume.
    Thanks for the 2 rings but no. Wade and haslem are ones to.do.it. Maybe bosh if he stays for a couple of years
    He shouldn't get his jersey retired just for waiting until after we signed McRoberts and Granger before bailing. Now we're stuck with role players we signed to compliment a team that no longer exists!
    This thread should be closed too.One thread for Bron is all he merits. More than 4 is wrong in so many ways.
    no. Wade, UD, Bosh. That's it from this generation
    Nope.I advocate the poster that said jersey retiring is more about commitment . Dude spoke to Cleveland behind Pat's back and left as early as he could. I would have been perfectly fine with LeBron leaving after a 2 year extension this offseason. If the Spurs gave up after last year, they would'nt have won it all this year. Let's also not forget how old they were when they lost. It would have been an easy decision at their age to throw in the towel especially after HOW they lost. IMO their loss last year was way worse than ours. They were 20 seconds away from winning it all. We didn't have a chance this year.Do not want.
    His number belongs in the trash along with Martin's number. LeSnake. I can finally go back to hating on him again.
    Lebron didn't get us ****. He was part of the team that got us to 4 straight finals and won us 2 championships. He hadn't won **** before he got here.
    exactly!!!!!! Chris Bosh goes up in the rafters with his contract yesterday. He truly loves it here and made Miami his new home.LeQuit will regret his decision one day. If he had any beef with the way Riley did things, he needs to understand Riley is 69 yrs old... he is OLD SCHOOl. Try to chip away at riley's rules, work it out, talk about it..... but don't bail. Lequit just runs from "family" .... he's a bum.He's not a real Heatle. Let him get retired by Cavs, not us.
    Voted no. Wade, Bosh, Haslem. That's it from that run.
    Personally I say no.....Would much rather see dwade, UD, Timmy, ZO, Dr Jack, Eric Reid & Tony Farintino before Lebron.edit:not sure if timmy and zo are already up yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the same team that retired jordans no. when he never played for them

lol miami heat = hole team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any butthurtness from the fans tbh. Lebron played 4 seasons and even though he won a couple, it doesn't warrant retiring his jersey. If Bosh stays there for a couple more seasons, i see them retiring his. Wade will retire a Heat, so no surprises. Haslem, i'm not so sure. That'd be like the Spurs retiring Bowen, Avery & Ell!ot's jerseys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any butthurtness from the fans tbh. Lebron played 4 seasons and even though he won a couple, it doesn't warrant retiring his jersey. If Bosh stays there for a couple more seasons, i see them retiring his. Wade will retire a Heat, so no surprises. Haslem, i'm not so sure. That'd be like the Spurs retiring Bowen, Avery & Ell!ot's jerseys.
    thats not a legitimate excuse man, he didnt play enough years...jordan didnt even play for the heat 1milisecond yet has his number retired up there...lmao ty fanbase

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats not a legitimate excuse man, he didnt play enough years...jordan didnt even play for the heat 1milisecond yet has his number retired up there...lmao ty fanbase
    And they're regretting retiring Jordan's jersey tbh. IMO lebron's should be up there. They should count their lucky stars that they had the game's greatest player and an all time talent in his prime playing for their franchise.

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    This is ing dumb. Heat entire playoff history before Lebron is 1 finals appearance and 1 finals win. Heat history with Lebron 4 finals appearances with 2 les as the clear cut MVP of the team every single ing season. You can bet after Lebron it's going to be 0 finals appearances too. If carrying your franchise to it's greatest triumphs doesn't net you a jersey retirement what the is supposed to?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would there be anyone in who played less years for a team and had their number retired?

I know Petrovic's is retired for the Nets, but that's only because he died.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They're re ed.... the Heat retired Hardaway's number for far less success than LeBron brought them, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ing dumb. Heat entire playoff history before Lebron is 1 finals appearance and 1 finals win. Heat history with Lebron 4 finals appearances with 2 les as the clear cut MVP of the team every single ing season. You can bet after Lebron it's going to be 0 finals appearances too. If carrying your franchise to it's greatest triumphs doesn't net you a jersey retirement what the is supposed to?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    If a guy puts your team on his back and carries you to 2 rings and 4 Finals, yeah, I'd say you retire that jersey.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only team to retire a number for a guy who never played for them, and now they want to NOT retire a number for a guy who won them two les and gave them worldwide credibility and prestige.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long did Shaq play in LA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And when it's all said and done that Jersey in the rafters will be more prestige for them than that ty Wade jersey. Pat Riley knows this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they're regretting retiring Jordan's jersey tbh. IMO lebron's should be up there. They should count their lucky stars that they had the game's greatest player and an all time talent in his prime playing for their franchise.

I feel like the Jordan thing was a hook to get Lebron to come over. Pat is a slick bas , doesn't give a about jerseys or players.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They're re ed.... the Heat retired Hardaway's number for far less success than LeBron brought them, tbh....
    They even retired MJ's number!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How long did Shaq play in LA?
    8 seasons, I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 seasons, I think.
    Same number of Finals appearances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey did you guys know that the Heat retired Jordan's jersey?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wanna retire Bosh but not Lebron?

Proof those idiots in Miami don't really watch basketball. All they know is who is gone and who is left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

never gets old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they don't want to retire his number because he's a coon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a beautiful summer. I'm loving the heat melt down.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Maybe they don't want to retire his number because he's a coon
    They don't want to retire the Great Satan's jersey because they sold their souls to him including HH and got nothing in return. They feel used like a ho does after a one night stand when she finds out the guy doesn't want to commit.

Thread Information