Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good thing about it is that none of the departed went to most hated or current rivals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great supporting cast with a lot of memorable plays. Good job. Would preferred a different sound track though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good thing about it is that none of the departed went to most hated or current rivals.
    Yep, troopers till the end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frogging Crew
    Spuran Spuran
    Foreign Legion

And yeah Ayres

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just thank god Danny isn't on this list, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to believe that all players become Spurstalk posters after they leave the team.
    When did Kawhi leave the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cried only for Splitter tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice video. thanks for sharing!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we could have kept Cojo and Splitter. Good guys and real professionals. I feel good for both guys though. Cojo deserved a bigger role and more money. He got both in Toronto. Plus I still get to watch him a lot since I'm from Canada and I like the Raptors. Spurs did good for Splitter as well. Sending him to a winning team and to a coach who he's already familiar with.

Its amazing to see that the Spurs also look what's best for the player when they trade them. They traded George Hill to Indiana. A team that was pretty good at the time and also he's hometown. Now they traded Splitter to Altlanta, one of the best teams in the east.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really going to miss Tiago. I actually considered him a friend. I guided him on three different bird hunting excursions. He would come out solo, so we actually got to talk alot. The first time, it litterally felt like a first date with a gorgeous girl, but he was such a good dude that all that nervousness went away pretty quick. We wound up swapping numbers, occassionally texting me when he had extra seats to a game. There goes that hook-up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice video. Im glad you added Bonner's music video. Despite how frustrated I would get with some of these guys I loved Ayres, Baynes, and Corey's reactions on the bench. They were always the first to jump up and scream after a fast break dunk, alley oop, etc.
    I thought Marco brought some intensity to the team too. I remember after Marco hit that 3 in OKC in game 6 he looked at the bench and yelled. Great intensity. Also that dunk he had against Philly. As well as the 3's against the Clips.
    I always remember that game Tiago had against Dallas. Great passing and great defense in that game, also loved that emotion he showed on that and-1 he got. Also loved how he got revenge against the Heat.
    I'll remember Baynes for that game he had against Portland. On that putback dunk he had, he completely pushed Lillard out of the way.
    Also have to love how Joseph posterized camping Ibaka. "Serge, Serge, Serge."
    For Ayres the only thing that comes to mind is that dunk he had courtesy of Timmy.
    Last edited by AFMadison; 07-23-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great vid, amazing production quality, and merited.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    great vid, amazing production quality, and merited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great job. These guys gave us all that they had and helped win another championship after the disastrous 2013 loss. For their part in that, they will always be part of the Spurs family and history.

It goes without saying that the Spurs family of players, coaches and administration will miss them. I know they will remember the city of San Antonio and our fans with affection for all the support we gave to them.

It's not a goodbye, just "Hasta la vista"

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't even watch the video once the song started, I was laughing too hard. Really, that song?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing tiago and Joseph hurts.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we could have kept Cojo and Splitter. Good guys and real professionals. I feel good for both guys though. Cojo deserved a bigger role and more money. He got both in Toronto. Plus I still get to watch him a lot since I'm from Canada and I like the Raptors. Spurs did good for Splitter as well. Sending him to a winning team and to a coach who he's already familiar with.

Its amazing to see that the Spurs also look what's best for the player when they trade them. They traded George Hill to Indiana. A team that was pretty good at the time and also he's hometown. Now they traded Splitter to Altlanta, one of the best teams in the east.
    They traded Malik Rose to the ing New York Knicks, who won all of 30 games that season and the next year combined. So there goes that argument

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping the spurs would end up keeping Joseph but I'm happy for him for getting that great contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With TP declining, too bad they couldn't keep Joseph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great video. Thanks!

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/uiJCEB8_Beg

Cojo dunk on Ibaka will live on forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's definitely a little bittersweet losing Splitter, as when healthy he's about as good a fit as you could ask for at center with his passing ability and how good he is guarding the pick and roll. I mean how many centers in the league can do that? But it just seems like a coin flip whether you're going to have him healthy at any given time.

Joseph had to go. He developed into too good a player to be stuck as a third point guard and I'm happy to see him in Toronto where he can get lots of minutes. It's like I felt about Budenholzer, I hated losing him but he was way too good to just be an assistant coach. Or how I felt about Presti.

I would have loved to have had Baynes back, but how was he going to turn down that huge contract Detroit offered him?

Belinelli I can live without. His defense was awful and while he is an amazing shooter, he doesn't do enough well to make up for his defensive shortcomings. I could live with Brent Barry getting destroyed by opposing guards since he had such strong point guard skills that paid off bigtime in some of the most important games in franchise history. But Marco was never Brent Barry.

Ayres wasn't any good. Just a gamble that never paid off.

It kind of pisses me off that Splitter was so injury prone. He was/is a very good center and great in the Spurs system. The fact that he couldn't be relied upon from a health standpoint is what made him expendable. A big part of our downfall in '15 was the fact that he was injured most of the year and throughout the post season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cried only for Splitter tbh.
    Same here - hated to lose Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't even watch the video once the song started, I was laughing too hard. Really, that song?
    Same.

Thread Information