Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're gonna be really disappointed when you see LMA's numbers over the next couple years, especially in the playoffs when Tim's touches will rise.
    I don't know Popovich enough, only read daily about him the last four years, but I'm under the impression that the second meeting with Aldridge was to talk clearly about his role on the team and convince him that his minutes, touches, points per game, will be maintained.

Aldridge wouldn't have signed with the Spurs if his stats wouldn't maintain his all-star player status, if his numbers would be reduced playing for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that was especially true in the playoffs. Kawhi got more touches, but he barely scored more (on a worse TS%)
    Duncan played 13 more games, has a better PER, lower usage, better WS, even on Drtg and Ortg... not sure how it is even arguable.
    Kawhi was the leading scorer, 20.3 ppg in playoffs with Spurs' pace, offensive system sounds really good, he had better RMP, led the NBA in Defensive Rating in RS...it isn't like he didn't have any good number over Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was the leading scorer, 20.3 ppg in playoffs with Spurs' pace, offensive system sounds really good, he had better RMP, led the NBA in Defensive Rating in RS...it isn't like he didn't have any good number over Tim.
    it isn't like we are saying kawhi does not have any good number over Tim... we just are saying Tim was the best player of the Spurs on RS and POs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge wouldn't have signed with the Spurs if his stats wouldn't maintain his all-star player status, if his numbers would be reduced playing for them.
    Why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was . . . slightly, in the latter stages of his Raptors career and early part of his Heat career (compared to Aldridge now). The last few years though, Bosh has been in a slight decline and Aldridge has been at his peak and since they were close enough to begin with, it's been enough to nudge Aldridge slightly ahead of him.
    Bosh was a 21 ppg scorer with high efficiency than LMA last season. Raptor's definitely had to adjust to getting older, but that's hardly a bad thing. He's also spent years playing center and having deep playoff runs on a team with little bigman depth. I could totally have seen his numbers e with the Spurs. He knows how to fit into a system that doesn't rely on him creating in the post. I think he'd be the safer play on offense than Aldridge, but it's not like the Spurs had the choice.

You're overstating the defensive difference between them. Bosh is a better defender in space/pick-and-roll and has greater defensive range, but Aldridge is a better rim protector, straight up post defender and defensive rebounder.
    All that's great for 2K ratings, but Bosh has the edge for me. Mobility is king for bigs, especially power-forwards, and staying in front of your guy will always be more effective for protecting the rim than blocking shots. That's why Splitter is a better defender than Javale McGee is. At the same time, Bosh has had to defend as a center for most of the past five years. So it's not like he's bad inside. Raptor has the edge when it comes to versatility and overall impact, even if LMA is better than his team numbers suggest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know Popovich enough, only read daily about him the last four years, but I'm under the impression that the second meeting with Aldridge was to talk clearly about his role on the team and convince him that his minutes, touches, points per game, will be maintained.

The spurs wouldn't have signed Aldridge if those were his demands.

Aldridge knows what's coming..a significant dip in numbers and minutes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi 18ppg
    Aldridge 18ppg
    Parker 15ppg
    Duncan 12ppg
    Green 12ppg
    Bench 25ppg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bench should have at least 5ppg more with West and Diaw on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi 18ppg
    Aldridge 18ppg
    Parker 15ppg
    Duncan 12ppg
    Green 12ppg
    Bench 25ppg
    Kawhi 21PPG
    Aldridge 19PPG
    Parker 14PPG
    Tim 13 PPG
    Green 11 PPG
    Bench 26PPG

105ppg next year imo..Should be enough for top 5 next year. Last year we average 103.2

103PPG team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think overall LMA offensive output (ppg) will definitely decrease, but we'll be able to ride him in half dozen games for 28-35 pts where the offense sputters/TD resting/simply the rest of the team is having a cold shooting night..That's what we somehow used to do with Tony before his decline kicked at least in the regular season..It is good to have the insurance of a go-to guy capable of getting you 25-30 point night when needed..I think the Spurs has missed that the last couple of seasons..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi will not get 20+
    The same way he would never win FMVP, DPOY and be a top 10 player right?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi 21PPG
    Aldridge 19PPG
    Parker 14PPG
    Tim 13 PPG
    Green 11 PPG
    Bench 26PPG

105ppg next year imo..Should be enough for top 5 next year. Last year we average 103.2

103PPG team
    I can see this happening. I think my guesstimate added up to 100. If I tack on another 3 points, I'd probably give one each to Kawhi (19ppg), LMA (19ppg), and the Bench (26ppg).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's not a top 10 player
    I agree. He's a top 8 player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bosh was a 21 ppg scorer with high efficiency than LMA last season. Raptor's definitely had to adjust to getting older, but that's hardly a bad thing. He's also spent years playing center and having deep playoff runs on a team with little bigman depth. I could totally have seen his numbers e with the Spurs. He knows how to fit into a system that doesn't rely on him creating in the post. I think he'd be the safer play on offense than Aldridge, but it's not like the Spurs had the choice.

All that's great for 2K ratings, but Bosh has the edge for me. Mobility is king for bigs, especially power-forwards, and staying in front of your guy will always be more effective for protecting the rim than blocking shots. That's why Splitter is a better defender than Javale McGee is. At the same time, Bosh has had to defend as a center for most of the past five years. So it's not like he's bad inside. Raptor has the edge when it comes to versatility and overall impact, even if LMA is better than his team numbers suggest.
    I know why he's in a slight decline, but the reasoning isn't what's relevant. At his peak, he wasn't that much better than what Aldridge has been the past few years, which is why I now give the slight edge to Aldridge.

I disagree. Aldridge is exactly what this current Spurs team needs: A go-to scorer. Bosh's days of being that over 100 games are over.

No matter how much the game changes, protecting the rim/defensive rebounding will always be crucial. I'm not saying Bosh isn't a slightly better overall defender, all I'm saying is, he's not prime Duncan/Garnett/Wallace and Aldridge isn't Boozer/Lee/Stoudemire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we'll see how good Aldridge's defense is with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he wants to be the man and not share the spotlight.
    If Aldridge was beginning to feel overshadowed by Lillard like many said, if that's true, he wanted a change with the trade, why he would sign with the Spurs if they don't respect his Alpha-dog stats?.
    To win a le? But living the same situation with other players called Duncan, Kawhi instead of Lillard?

Aldridge isn't Tim Duncan, Parker, Manu, they have grown in Spurs culture sacrificing individual stats for team success, and he needs to feel appreciated, like most NBA stars, being the man and getting the touches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it isn't like we are saying kawhi does not have any good number over Tim... we just are saying Tim was the best player of the Spurs on RS and POs
    IMHO the most consistent player isn't the best player on a team.

Kawhi has became the Spurs player last season. Maybe we should see the record without Tim last season and without Kawhi to know the answer, but when Kawhi played at his level he was the best player by big margin.

Anyway I don't want argue, Tim Duncan is a legend, if he is the best player or most consistent player doesn't matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he hops onto the W-Train this season,tbh

Thread Information