Mario "Junkyard dog" Ellie
    Horry
    Kerr
    Speedy
    Diaw
    Sjax
    Rasho
    Patty
    The list can go on and on... SA has had so many quality role players, almost star level players play their roles perfectly...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have enjoyed watching Patty Mills, Boris Diaw, and Aaron Baynes the last few years. I will miss seeing Tiago play off of Manu and Boris when those guys were on the floor together. The ball movement was good stuff.

Bruce Bowen was fun to watch when he was making Ray Allen cry.

Mike Mitc and Larry Kenon were fantastic players way back when.

When Terry mings was healthy along with David Robinson the Spurs were very talented up front - ninja Sean was the small forward with those two guys. Larry Brown must have had a screw loose bailing on those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Elliott
    Patti Mills
    Borris Diaw
    Danny Green
    Bruce Bowen

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Tiago Spliter; truly the straw that stirred the drink on defense.

KL Hall of fame? How many players make the HOF despite not even making all-star in their first four years in the league? That's some spursfan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL Hall of fame? How many players make the HOF despite not even making all-star in their first four years in the league? That's some spursfan
    Tony Parker?

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Maybe.

Still made it his 5th year though... so KL better get it done this season or it ain't gonna happen

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Bowen (All time fave player)
    Malik Rose
    Rasho Nesterovic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finals MVP Prior to 1999, all but one finals MVP are in the hall of fame. Those after 1999 are not eligible for HOF, YET.
    DOPY From 1988 to 2001, only Mark Eaton (2 time winner with short career) is not in the HOF.

At age 24, he has a long way to go before he is in the HOF. Barring a career ending injury, he will be in the HOF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta agree with you here. Always been a huge fan of Big Shot Bob. He was also my coach at Gottfrieds Camp.
    You from Alabama?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green, Patty, Diaw, Oberto, Bowen...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have only followed the team the last couple of years, so I missed all the previous championship teams before last. Of the current spurs (sans the Big4), my favorite bar none is Diaw. After that Mills. I will miss Marco's clutch shooting on occassion. He was sensational making big shots in the Clipper series and finished he season strong. I will miss a healthy Tiago. He was a terrific mobile big, with very unselfish and well timed passing instincts.

Of the new Spurs, most looking foward to seeing Anderson, Simmons and Boban. Combo of size, athleticism, passing and BBIQ. I would not mind at all adding McCallum and Jimmer in there for garbage minutes. It will be for sure a more fun team to watch than last year's mop up crew.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Finals MVP Prior to 1999, all but one finals MVP are in the hall of fame. Those after 1999 are not eligible for HOF, YET.
    DOPY From 1988 to 2001, only Mark Eaton (2 time winner with short career) is not in the HOF.

At age 24, he has a long way to go before he is in the HOF. Barring a career ending injury, he will be in the HOF.

Is tyson chandler gonna end up in the HOF? what about Iggy? Nah

If Kawhi doesn't make the AS game after five seasons... not HOF caliber. They would say he was a system player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho for sure. Dude was the man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Willie Anderson
    Sean
    Vinny

Just for nostalgia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

FMVP + DPOY > pitiful all star awards

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Ariza and Beal tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James White.... Pop didn't know what he had at the time. At least here on ST, we all knew he was the second coming of T-Mac. I mean, his highlight reel of numerous dunks was really amazing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must have misunderstood the thread because I thought the OP meant modern Spurs players,,,,but posters are bringing up old time guys. Gervin was never a role player,,,he is actually one of the big 3 in Spurs history with Robinson and Duncan,,,they are the Mount Rushmore of Spurs history,,,Horry is my guy in modern times,,,Silas is my guy is Hemisfair days,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza and beal are not on spurs. Common man.

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Ariza and beal are not on spurs. Common man.
    Thankfully. Spurfan should appreciate you have a good front office instead of employing a compulsive re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oberto, Brent barry, Kevin willis, Patty mills, corey joseph, Gary neal, George hill, Steve kerr, s-jax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It doesn't bother me to project Kawhi's career like that. But it is a projection at this point. He is one of my favorite non-Big 3 Spurs. Others are Beno, George Hill, Larry Kenon, Mike Mitc and Aron Baynes.

Now I want to fudge, just a bit. Before the Spurs were the Spurs, they were the Dallas Chaparrals, and they played some home games in My home town, Lubbock, when I was in high school. Although he played with the team a short time, Ron Bone was one of my all-time favorite ABA players. I have to mention him on this walk down memory lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe.

Still made it his 5th year though... so KL better get it done this season or it ain't gonna happen
    Meh, Rodman made it in his fourth year and he's a more apt comparison to Leonard IMO. Moreover, Rodman only had two AS appearances. There are a number of HOF players who only had a few AS appearances..... I don't think you can put that much stock in them. DPOY and Finals MVPs will drive his legacy I think.

Btw, in answer to OPs question: Rodman.

Thread Information