Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It's funny, I never see Bama fans cheer for the other SEC teams. Usually only Aggy or now Missy fan chanting S-E-C.

Lol conference cheerleaders.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    It's funny, I never see Bama fans cheer for the other SEC teams. Usually only Aggy or now Missy fan chanting S-E-C.

Lol conference cheerleaders.
    I've always said that the best conference in the nation is the SEC. Gonna stick to my guns on that one...

Think about this for a second Blake. My team is usually one of the worst teams in the SEC (SEC West for sure). I've been a Bulldogs fan for a little over 2 decades now. I love my team....but I've come to the realization that we're never going to be LSU or Alabama. It's just not going to happen. I'm a Mississippi State fan Blake, and we've got 0 National Championships in our 100+ year history.

I've noticed that over the past decade....my team's campus in Starkville, MS has drastically improved. The SEC wins a national championship....a new building pops up. The SEC has multiple national championships in a row....we add a huge "jumbotron" and expand our stadium by 10,000 seats.

Call it "conference cheerleading" all you want to....and it is probably true. I've just noticed that my school benefits when the SEC is the dominant conference in the nation. You agree or disagree with that statement? I'm not going to change my skin to an Alabama one....or start screaming, "Roll Tide", "Geaux Tigers", or "Hotty Toddy". It's just the situation I'm put in....If I was a fan of a team with 15 national championships like Alabama...I'm sure I would think about it completely differently. But, I'm not....I'm a fan of a team that usually finishes last or next to last in my own division. It is what it is............

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Call it "conference cheerleading" all you want to....and it is probably true. I've just noticed that my school benefits when the SEC is the dominant conference in the nation. You agree or disagree with that statement?
    I think as long as your school is in a power five conference, your school benefits.

I also think winning benefits you more than conference affiliation. I imagine schools like Duke and Utah are pretty happy right not being in the SEC.

I've always said that the best conference in the nation is the SEC. Gonna stick to my guns on that one...

Think about this for a second Blake. My team is usually one of the worst teams in the SEC (SEC West for sure). I've been a Bulldogs fan for a little over 2 decades now. I love my team....but I've come to the realization that we're never going to be LSU or Alabama. It's just not going to happen. I'm a Mississippi State fan Blake, and we've got 0 National Championships in our 100+ year history.

I've noticed that over the past decade....my team's campus in Starkville, MS has drastically improved. The SEC wins a national championship....a new building pops up. The SEC has multiple national championships in a row....we add a huge "jumbotron" and expand our stadium by 10,000 seats.

Call it "conference cheerleading" all you want to....and it is probably true. I've just noticed that my school benefits when the SEC is the dominant conference in the nation. You agree or disagree with that statement? I'm not going to change my skin to an Alabama one....or start screaming, "Roll Tide", "Geaux Tigers", or "Hotty Toddy". It's just the situation I'm put in....If I was a fan of a team with 15 national championships like Alabama...I'm sure I would think about it completely differently. But, I'm not....I'm a fan of a team that usually finishes last or next to last in my own division. It is what it is............
    I'm a west coast fan, USC my team but there is no doubt the SEC is the best conference. Not really debatable. The huge difference is in the size with speed we see at those southern schools.

I saw Michigan play Michigan State, right after the game it was LSU vs Florida. It was as if ya had the SEC game in fast motion, a whole other level of team speeds. Then ya add the quality depth especially in the front sevens, these SEC teams can go three deep on that D line.

Sure, we'll see a stud Pac12 team or Ohio State or FSU or Oregon, but when it comes to depth of good teams no conference compares to the SEC.

It is far harder to stay unbeaten vs an SEC schedule than any other. What SEC team faces this sissiness...

Indiana
    Maryland
    Rutgers
    Minnesota
    Illinois

That being Ohio State.

We see too many "fans" of a team or some state/conference getting silly with this stuff, ya gotta keep it real.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-24-2015 at 11:06 AM.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Add another, 3 min into the game

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    18 total now. Should have been 19 but one was called back for ineligible lineman downfield.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    So much for Baylor's championship hopes:

!!!

Way to feast on those cupcakes brah

Post Count
    Baylor was gonna get their asses kicked eventually. Year after year they feast on ty compe ion and get exposed when it counts.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Baylor was gonna get their asses kicked eventually. Year after year they feast on ty compe ion and get exposed when it counts.
    well that's a lot of teams.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How long has this been going on because they were the ty team for quite a while?

Baylor has went 29-4 since 2012, that's pretty impressive, why anyone would have some need to criticize....why???

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That's exactly why Stidham decommitted from Tech. He's gonna play early on a playoff contending team.

If Baylor can run the ball like they've been doing, I think he and Baylor will still be in the playoffs

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    2 more TDs and over 200 yards receiving. He's now firmly in the Heisman conversation, but the toughest tests are yet to come. I'm keeping my eye on Okie St. in Stillwater.

Thread Information