Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet you saw SO MUCH cooch in those bathrooms, what with everyone walking around naked and eyeing each other's genitals all the time.
    i mean, if you want to abolish separate bathrooms, then that's a different discussion. but if we intend on keeping separate bathrooms, i just want to be consistent with the reasoning of why we have them in the first place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet you saw SO MUCH cooch in those bathrooms, what with everyone walking around naked and eyeing each other's genitals all the time.
    Well, obviously, there was the rampant rape going on. But obviously that doesn't count since what happens in bathrooms stays there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean, if you want to abolish separate bathrooms, then that's a different discussion. but if we intend on keeping separate bathrooms, i just want to be consistent with the reasoning of why we have them in the first place
    And I don't think that's unreasonable at all. The "not focusing on feelings" argument cuts both ways. We can't judge simply on gender iden y. I couldn't care less if a trans person was upset about using a bathroom they didn't identify with. That isn't even a factor in my mind. The fact that some trans people are REALLY trans is a bigger issue, however.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's necessary to immediately abolish separate restrooms, but I do expect them to phase out over the next 20 years. At this point, unless you've lived your entire life in a rural town of about 300 people, everyone has shared a bathroom at some point with a transgender or sexual, and so have their children.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just dont get the initial outrage over all this. why would a dude with a vag care so much to sit in a closed stall of one room instead of a closed stall of another room, and why would a woman with a penis opt to use the room that doesnt have urinals. especially since its not a big deal like you all keep reminding us

the issue is being made out to be a lot bigger than it needs to be. in the meantime, i'm just trying to keep into consideration the purpose of why we have separate bathrooms right now and staying consistent with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?i just dont get the initial outrage over all this. why would a dude with a vag care so much to sit in a closed stall of one room instead of a closed stall of another room, and why would a woman with a penis opt to use the room that doesnt have urinals
    tbh the initial "outrage" started with the state laws banning local governments from allowing it.

It's not about the functionality of the toilet. If you are someone who looks and dresses like a woman, would you be more comfortable walking into a Men's restroom or a Women's restroom? It's about dignity. It's not like these people just woke up one day and decided to dress like the opposite sex. There's a reason they spend so much money on treatments for gender transition, and just because we can't relate to it doesn't mean they deserve to be ostracized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh the initial "outrage" started with the state laws banning local governments from allowing it.

It's not about the functionality of the toilet. If you are someone who looks and dresses like a woman, would you be more comfortable walking into a Men's restroom or a Women's restroom? It's about dignity. It's not like these people just woke up one day and decided to dress like the opposite sex. There's a reason they spend so much money on treatments for gender transition, and just because we can't relate to it doesn't mean they deserve to be ostracized.
    i just find it to be hypocritical to constantly argue about how small a deal this is and how nobody sees anything only to make it out to be some emotionally traumatic/ostracizing experience

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just find it to be hypocritical to constantly argue about how small a deal this is and then make it out to be some emotionally traumatic/ostracizing experience
    I think it's a small deal for non-transgendered men and women to occasionally see someone of the opposite sex in the bathroom with them. I would never tell a transgender person it's not a big deal for them, because they're the ones that would have to deal with it every time they use a bathroom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's a small deal for non-transgendered men and women to occasionally see someone of the opposite sex in the bathroom with them. I would never tell a transgender person it's not a big deal for them, because they're the ones that would have to deal with it every time they use a bathroom.
    if you are on board with the eventual abolition of separate bathrooms then everybody is going to deal with it every time they use a bathroom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you are on board with the eventual abolition of separate bathrooms then everybody is going to deal with it every time they use a bathroom
    I think we're talking about different kinds of discomfort here, but regardless, I'm sure people will get used to it. We always do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we're talking about different kinds of discomfort here, but regardless, I'm sure people will get used to it. We always do.
    not at all. you spoke specifically about seeing people of the opposite sex/gender in the bathroom. thats the exact same discomfort i referred to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not at all. you spoke specifically about seeing people of the opposite sex/gender in the bathroom. thats the exact same discomfort i referred to
    The discomfort for the transgender person is from being ostracized. Or in some cases, physically attacked for appearing to be in the wrong bathroom.

In a world without an assigned restroom, I'm not sure why anyone would feel ostracized. Whatever discomfort they feel stems from just the strangeness of sharing a restroom with the opposite sex, which I believe they'll get over just like they have with co-ed schools, dorms and workplaces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just dont get the initial outrage over all this. why would a dude with a vag care so much to sit in a closed stall of one room instead of a closed stall of another room, and why would a woman with a penis opt to use the room that doesnt have urinals. especially since its not a big deal like you all keep reminding us

the issue is being made out to be a lot bigger than it needs to be. in the meantime, i'm just trying to keep into consideration the purpose of why we have separate bathrooms right now and staying consistent with that.
    The reason the governor is quoted for this law is for a reasonable right to privacy.

Seems contradictory to me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know what all the argument is about, but as a female, I'm not going into any bathroom where there's any male-looking person. Same in regards to an isolated elevator or walking down some street at night. I'm gonna turn around and find some other bathroom/elevator or cross the street.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let's say they made a third intersex or gender-neutral bathroom. Do you think that solves the issue? I feel like it would for some people, but not for everyone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "gender-neutral bathroom"

I was in Austin for SxSW. Seems like every Startbucks had two restrooms, both gender-neutral. Just another way San Antonio is second-rate to Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You made it through a whole post without the word "Repug". Congrats. Couldn't care less about SA to Austin comparisons, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You made it through a whole post without the word "Repug". Congrats. Couldn't care less about SA to Austin comparisons, though.
    well, of course. Repug city govt would NEVER allow gender-neutral bathrooms, assholes that all y'all are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let's say they made a third intersex or gender-neutral bathroom. Do you think that solves the issue? I feel like it would for some people, but not for everyone.
    I'm not being a smart ass here, I really think it would be viewed the same as water fountains for black people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, of course. Repug city govt would NEVER allow gender-neutral bathrooms, assholes that all y'all are.
    I'm an Austinite, jack-ass. I could care less that you're trying to suck us off. Just please don't move here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not being a smart ass here, I really think it would be viewed the same as water fountains for black people.
    I don't disagree. And I'd think those guys assholes for making that comparison, as I've already said on this forum.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could care less that you're trying to suck us off
    hilarious image, projection. Go Suck Yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know what all the argument is about, but as a female, I'm not going into any bathroom where there's any male-looking person. Same in regards to an isolated elevator or walking down some street at night. I'm gonna turn around and find some other bathroom/elevator or cross the street.
    What if it's a female looking person that still has a penis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree. And I'd think those guys assholes for making that comparison, as I've already said on this forum.
    Well then you do disagree

Thread Information