Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Props to Tubby ...dude has maximized his game and became a clutch shooter in the process. He ended a lot of Heat runs with timely baskets. Unfortunately if they were in the west they'd probably have a shot at beating (an injured) Memphis, Houston, and Dallas. The other 5 teams would make quick work of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    congrats. Never thought he'd be this good, its hard not to root for the raptors. So many ex rockets too
    The ex-Rockets in that series was through the roof.

Also, it's funny how few people cared about this series. The other threads are in the thousands. This one may not reach 500 posts.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Thanks, been a long time coming...still remember Carter's missed game winner in 2001. They probably beat the Bucks and face the Lakers in the finals that year.

Lowry finally showed up in a series, clutch as . DeRozan is a boy but nothing can be done till the offseason.
    "Probably beat the Bucks" my behind. That said, the Raps and Vince Carter likely go in a different direction if they win that series.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Thanks, been a long time coming...still remember Carter's missed game winner in 2001. They probably beat the Bucks and face the Lakers in the finals that year.
    "I think there's no question about that. The league, as a marketing machine, the bottom line is about making money," Ray Allen said. "It behooves everybody for the league to make more money, and the league knows that Philadelphia is going to make more money with L.A. than we would with L.A."

The Bucks got jobbed by the refs against the Sixers, they should have beaten the Sixers in 5 or at most 6.

Here’s Bill Simmon’s recount of the series.
    If crooked NBA playoff series were heavyweight boxers, then the 2002 Western finals (Lakers-Kings) was George Foreman and the 2001 Eastern finals (Bucks-Sixers) was Earnie Shavers. Translation: People remember only George, but Earnie was almost as memorable. To briefly recap, Philly’s wins in Games 1 and 4 swung on a controversial lane violation and two egregious no-calls. The Sixers finished with advantages of 186-120 in free throws, 12-3 in technicals and 5-0 in flagrant fouls. Glenn Robinson, one of Milwaukee’s top-two scorers, didn’t even attempt a free throw until Game 5. Bucks coach George Karl and star Ray Allen were fined a combined $85,000 after the series for claiming the NBA rigged it. In that game, Milwaukee’s best big man, Scott Williams, was charged with a flagrant foul but not thrown out, only to be suspended, improbably, for Game 7.
    The defining game: When Philly stole a must-win Game 4 in Milwaukee despite an atrocious performance from Iverson (10-for-32 shooting), helped by a 2-to-1 free-throw advantage and a host of late calls. How one-sided was it? When an official called a harmless touch foul to send Sam Cassell to the line with two seconds left and the Bucks trailing by seven (maybe the all-time we-need-to-pad-the-free-throw-stats-so-they-don’t-seem-so-lopsided-afterward call), the subsequent sarcastic standing ovation nearly morphed into the first-ever sarcastic riot. And this was Milwaukee, the most easygoing city in the country! Nobody remembers this. The real loser was Allen, who exploded for 190 points in the series, including a record nine three pointers in do-or-die Game 6. Nobody remembers this, either. Even I didn’t remember it. Crap.
    The Bucks used to give the Lakers trouble so it could have been a 6 game series ala the 2000 Finals b/c of their backcourt/wings even if they didn't have anyone to guard Shaq. (He killed DPOY Mutombo anyway)

Thread Information