Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Durant wasn't the MVP. That was Curry for the past 2 seasons. Durant wasn't even the leader of his own team.

You're really salty over this, you hoped James would lure him to that hole in East Texas.

LOL OKC a championship caliber squad...
    Kevin Durant has won an MVP. That makes him an MVP player you for brains.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Harden isn't much better than Crawford. Years after you paid him too much you're still right where TMac left you.
    Actually he is better. And Tmac left them in the first round. Not the WCF like James.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Though Durant is only behind your Bryant in the protection line.
    Please.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For whatever reason you're overwrought on this Durant business.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new look Warriors don't scare me at all. I'm in the minority here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barkley and Pippen not in their primes and were declining. So was Howard. But please do show me the time where an MVP player in his prime left a championship caliber squad for another. I know you can't because you are functionally stupid.
    Lebron.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Heat were not a championship caliber team prior to LeBron leaving. Nice try. And good gawd. The Cavs were only a contender because of LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Heat were not a championship caliber team prior to LeBron leaving. Nice try. And good gawd. The Cavs were only a contender because of LeBron.
    It was the second they decided to collude. You'd be dumber than re ed to say Lebron didn't know he was joining a championship contender when he decided to sign with the heat.

And OKC is no longer a contender because Durant left, which is pretty much the definition of a superstar.
    Last edited by ambchang; 07-07-2016 at 07:24 PM.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It was the second they decided to collude. You'd be dumber than re ed to say Lebron didn't know he was joining a championship contender when he decided to sign with the heat.

And OKC is no longer a contender because Durant left, which is pretty much the definition of a superstar.
    Miami was not a championship team until he got there. They needed him so they could win. They had to go out and prove it by beating the one team LeBron couldn't, which was Boston. GS was on the verge of repeating WITHOUT Durant. Don't act like these situations are remotely the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami was not a championship team until he got there. They needed him so they could win. They had to go out and prove it by beating the one team LeBron couldn't, which was Boston. GS was on the verge of repeating WITHOUT Durant. Don't act like these situations are remotely the same.
    Revisionist history.

When Lebron wade and bosh joined forces they were as heavy a favourite as the GSW is now. They just screwed up to the Mavs.

And yes, they are not the same but very similar. If you want me to find a situation where a player who won the MVP award two years ago and joined a 73 win team, then no.

But if you want me to find a superstar in his prime who joined forces with other superstars to form a heavy favourite to win the championship, then I got Lebron. I also got the 04 lakers. I also got Garnett in 08. I also got drexler to Houston (to a smaller extent). Or Barkley and Pippen to Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant has won an MVP. That makes him an MVP player you for brains.
    lol no

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Gangster disciple

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yes it does. MVP player. MVP caliber player. However you want to slice it. His numbers say so. You lose again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it does. MVP player. MVP caliber player. However you want to slice it. His numbers say so. You lose again.
    You cannot say an MVP went to GS when they have the current MVP with them. I guess Steve Nash was an MVP caliber player when he went to the Lakers, or Derrick Rose to the Knicks... OH they have an MVP caliber player in NY now. Look out!

lol

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    You cannot say an MVP went to GS when they have the current MVP with them. I guess Steve Nash was an MVP caliber player when he went to the Lakers, or Derrick Rose to the Knicks... OH they have an MVP caliber player in NY now. Look out!

lol
    That's probably why i said an MVP player. Meaning a player who has won an MVP and is still that caliber of a player. You are deliberately being stupid now.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Nash and Rose. 2 players in the last 30 years who had no business winning MVPs. Yeah that sure does cheapen the award right? Because Those 3 years sure taint the award.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash and Rose. 2 players in the last 30 years who had no business winning MVPs. Yeah that sure does cheapen the award right? Because Those 3 years sure taint the award.
    I thought you picked rice. I didn't know you were also into cherry picking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's probably why i said an MVP player. Meaning a player who has won an MVP and is still that caliber of a player. You are deliberately being stupid now.
    An MVP is a player. Saying MVP player is just being redundant. If you mean former MVP you can use that word "former" instead of trying to muddy the water to your liking. Not everything is black and white, some things are yellow.

Thread Information