Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    fortune favors the bold son .. and leadership is required for boldness, qualities severely lacking on this argie side.

imo they need a psychologist, any decent (no maradroga ) coach will do.
    Didn't Germany lose in the finals or semis for like a thousand times in a row before finally coming through in 2014? Did they lack leadership and boldness in all those prior tournaments and somehow found it in Brazil, only to lose it again in France? Or did they decided to hide the bold leadership for 24 years just to unleash it on the Maracana and they will hide it again for another 24 years? How does this leadership and boldness thing work son?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Didn't Germany lose in the finals or semis for like a thousand times in a row before finally coming through in 2014? Did they lack leadership and boldness in all those prior tournaments and somehow found it in Brazil, only to lose it again in France? Or did they decided to hide the bold leadership for 24 years just to unleash it on the Maracana and they will hide it again for another 24 years? How does this leadership and boldness thing work son?
    my you are trying hard but this is just bull tbh. we lost because we lack talent and we are also chronic overachievers. let me show you just how WRONG you are.

year-tournament-short story-result vs expectations
    1990 WC we won (overachieved tbh)
    1992 EC we went to the finals and lost to denmark who were on a roll. could've won could've lost, we had a pretty unremarkable side. (expected result a finals finish)
    1994 WC we lost in QF against the best bulgarian side ever, again we had a pretty untalented team. (a bit underwhelming but close to expected)
    1996 EC we won (overachieved clearly)
    1998 WC we got destroyed by an exceptional croatian side (suker, prosinetsky, etc). no contest there. (expected result a QF finish)
    2000 EC we choked. it was good because it led to a restructuring of the DFB and youth system (CHOKE)
    2002 WC we overachieved tremendously and lost to a GOAT side brazil : ronaldo, ronaldinho, rivaldo, carlos, cafu, etc ... they would trash ANY side today. (OVERACHIEVED)
    2004 EC we choked with an untalented team (CHOKE)
    2006 WC we got to the semifinals starting the tournament ranked 22nd on fifa chart. we had a tough loss to an all-star italy side: cannavaro, totti, nesta, zambrotta, pirlo, buffon, the list goes on and on... overachieved again. (OVERACHIEVED)
    2008 EC we lost to the GOAT spain side in the finals with a young team (overachieved)
    2010 WC we lost to the GOAT spain side in the SF, nothing we could do, again with a young team (overachieved)
    2012 EC lost to italy in the semifinals (expected top 4 finish)
    2014 WC we won (overachieved)
    2016 EC we got robbed in the semifinals (expected top 4 finish)

so my son as you see we are pretty bold. untalented in comparison to great france/argentina/brazil/italy/spain/dutch sides but consistent, resilient and we have good leadership/intangibles. If we ever had talent like 2002 brazil or 2006 italy or 2010 spain we would run a train on the world, but we aren't as creative as you latin folks so we just fight our way to constant semifinals and overachieve (based on talent).

Given argentina constant stream of talent and their constant underwhelming results you can see why I say we are bold and you are pussies. FACTS .

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    I like the choice. He's rang at every level he's played even with mediocre teams.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    my you are trying hard but this is just bull tbh. we lost because we lack talent and we are also chronic overachievers. let me show you just how WRONG you are.

year-tournament-short story-result vs expectations
    1990 WC we won (overachieved tbh)
    1992 EC we went to the finals and lost to denmark who were on a roll. could've won could've lost, we had a pretty unremarkable side. (expected result a finals finish)
    1994 WC we lost in QF against the best bulgarian side ever, again we had a pretty untalented team. (a bit underwhelming but close to expected)
    1996 EC we won (overachieved clearly)
    1998 WC we got destroyed by an exceptional croatian side (suker, prosinetsky, etc). no contest there. (expected result a QF finish)
    2000 EC we choked. it was good because it led to a restructuring of the DFB and youth system (CHOKE)
    2002 WC we overachieved tremendously and lost to a GOAT side brazil : ronaldo, ronaldinho, rivaldo, carlos, cafu, etc ... they would trash ANY side today. (OVERACHIEVED)
    2004 EC we choked with an untalented team (CHOKE)
    2006 WC we got to the semifinals starting the tournament ranked 22nd on fifa chart. we had a tough loss to an all-star italy side: cannavaro, totti, nesta, zambrotta, pirlo, buffon, the list goes on and on... overachieved again. (OVERACHIEVED)
    2008 EC we lost to the GOAT spain side in the finals with a young team (overachieved)
    2010 WC we lost to the GOAT spain side in the SF, nothing we could do, again with a young team (overachieved)
    2012 EC lost to italy in the semifinals (expected top 4 finish)
    2014 WC we won (overachieved)
    2016 EC we got robbed in the semifinals (expected top 4 finish)

so my son as you see we are pretty bold. untalented in comparison to great france/argentina/brazil/italy/spain/dutch sides but consistent, resilient and we have good leadership/intangibles. If we ever had talent like 2002 brazil or 2006 italy or 2010 spain we would run a train on the world, but we aren't as creative as you latin folks so we just fight our way to constant semifinals and overachieve (based on talent).

Given argentina constant stream of talent and their constant underwhelming results you can see why I say we are bold and you are pussies. FACTS .
    So, Missi alone reached the same amount of Finals in half that time with the NT (3 Copa Americas, 1 WC, 1 Conf Cup) ... but Germany has "bold leadership" and "overachieved" while he's a weak blonde midget? How does that work?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    "Overachieved" and "expected top 4 result"

Germany was the clear cut favourite in both tournaments.

Argentina loses on penalties in the final and it's a choke, the World Champs get cucked in regulation on the semis and it's an "expected top 4 result". Double standard much?

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Choke = Miss your most important penalty in your career.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    So, Missi alone reached the same amount of Finals in half that time with the NT (3 Copa Americas, 1 WC, 1 Conf Cup) ... but Germany has "bold leadership" and "overachieved" while he's a weak blonde midget? How does that work?
    i see the trolling game is on today my argie s. let us proceed tbh, it works like this my son:
    1. lmao at confederations cup
    2. germany plays in europe where it has to get through france/spain/italy/netherlands/+ a slew of other competent teams like croatia/belgium/serbia/turkey/portugal/poland. Comparing reaching an EC final to a copa final is like waving a flag saying "i got no excuses". Not to mention misty got 2 copas in conscutive years and lost them both to ing chile of all teams. Keep trolling son. If germany were to play in latinas america they'd rename that ing trophy after us.
    3. germany won something, misty .. well .. dyed his hair.

Germany also had some signature wins in tough matches while argentina ... well .. they beat an uninspired netherlands (best result) ?

"Overachieved" and "expected top 4 result"
    Germany was the clear cut favourite in both tournaments.
    Argentina loses on penalties in the final and it's a choke, the World Champs get cucked in regulation on the semis and it's an "expected top 4 result". Double standard much?
    argentina loses the 3rd straight final where it had the talent edge (2 of these were overwhelming) ... what do you call that? .. um .. yes, why 3 chokes sons. one small choke (germany is a less talented but tough opponent) and 2 colossal chokes against a 2nd/3rd tier team.

Given the quality in Europe (compared to south america) you can't just expect to win it an EC as you can't expect to win a WC. In south america you have 1 contender right now (argentina), in europe you have four germany/france/spain/italy. Basic statistics son.

son germany wasn't clear cut in france'16 if you look at the oddsmakers, as we weren't in brazil'14, keep on trolling. Germany should never be the favorites because there are always more talented teams out there, we win because these teams (including argentina) choke. It's a simple as that, take it from a german.
    A semifinals WC is a great result son. Missi got there once in his life, we've constantly been there since 2002. It's no shame losing to better teams, who could we beat from our past WC opponents?
    - 2002 brazil : ronaldo/rivaldo/ronaldinho/cafu/carlos/lucio/etc ... them s was stacked as , it was like team usa basketball, at least we didn't get humiliated tbh.
    - 2006 italy : totti/cannavaro/nesta/pirlo/giambrotta/etc ... we lost in a close one against an all time great squad. It hurt a lot being at home but they were the better team by a country mile.
    - 2010 spain: xavi/iniesta/bisquits/villa/pique/silva/navas/fabregas/mata ... GOAT talent and hungry with the best ELO rating in the history of ratings against a young german team ... um, yeah. we still tore missi's pussy in '10
    - 2014 we rang in ing south america, we cucked misty and anally raped brazil, showed you s that you need to learn some football.. we didn't even have a great team like the previous winners. In fact your argie squad had significantly more talent than our squad, with misty the would-be-goat too ... and you still lost. We overachieved son, accept it.

sons quit trolling or i'll have to embarrass you more. At least come with something constructive, you're making it easy tbh, it shouldn't be too hard to bring some excuses in missi's country

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    "Given the quality in Europe"

Eurocup won by a team that got cucked in the group stage of the last WC by the US.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Also, saying Germany isn't the most talented team outhere right now.

Argentina wishes they could have Germany's midfield subs.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I'm the last guy to make excuses for ARG and Missi, and fully recognize daddy Germany, tbh... but there should be zero excuses for Germany either.

You laud the restructuring of the DFB and the youth system 15 years ago, "bold leadership", etc, but they "overachieve" every time they get to SF or better?

That's a copout, tbh, don't see why ARG can't use the same excuse... After all, if we go only 4 years back, and start counting since 1986, both teams won exactly the same amount of tournaments (GER: 2 WC, 1 EU, ARG: 1 WC, 2 CA).

If we're talking expectations to be "top 4", etc, the only truly embarrassing performance by ARG was the 2002 WC, IIRC...

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Eurocup won by a team that got cucked in the group stage of the last WC by the US.
    He has to say that tbh. He choked an Euro final against freaking Denmark as the reigning World Champion.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

so? france choked. It still doesn't take anything away from the quality of the teams. Portugal is just a chile-level team tbh, benefiting from a more talented team choking and also benefited from a once in a lifetime bracket.

Also, saying Germany isn't the most talented team outhere right now.
    Argentina wishes they could have Germany's midfield subs.
    son, talent is talent. I'm sure the DFB managers would kill that midfield themselves if they'd get missi for it. Not to mention the rest of argentina attacking players.
    and @most talent : the french and spanish squads >>>> germany from a talent POV.

I'm the last guy to make excuses for ARG and Missi, and fully recognize daddy Germany, tbh... but there should be zero excuses for Germany either.
    You laud the restructuring of the DFB and the youth system 15 years ago, "bold leadership", etc, but they "overachieve" every time they get to SF or better?
    That's a copout, tbh, don't see why ARG can't use the same excuse... After all, if we go only 4 years back, and start counting since 1986, both teams won exactly the same amount of tournaments (GER: 2 WC, 1 EU, ARG: 1 WC, 2 CA).
    If we're talking expectations to be "top 4", etc, the only truly embarrassing performance by ARG was the 2002 WC, IIRC...
    SF or better in EC or WC is great son. in practice it means you beat at least another contender and that you didn't choke. Almost always WC/EC SFs are tight 50-50 games, so it's tough going forward. Yes wales- portgual was a once in a lifetime occurance, go ahead and troll with it.
    Now in copa america '15 and '16 argentina were the only contenders and still couldn't do the job, so you see how the semi-finals argument is not a copout. Or do you consider copa america to be as tough to win as the Euros? or that SA has other teams besides argentina on the france/italy/spain/germany contender level?
    And why not count from '30 ? What's your point? That argentina with some golden generations and 2 GOAT level players achieved less than Germany while getting these achievements in the lesser copa america compe ions? Is that the point you're trying to make?

He has to say that tbh. He choked an Euro final against freaking Denmark as the reigning World Champion.
    well , maybe look at the roster and not the names of the teams ? denmark had a very good team and they caught lighting in a bottle tbh, they also beat the stacked netherlands, who had a better team than ours, but hey, that doesn't fit your agenda. not to mention that it was the first combined german team after the reunification and there were some chemistry issues on and off the pitch.

sons accept it, I love missi but losing back 2 back to chile isn't something the GOAT would do. Misty is every bit as talented as any other goat, my point is that his value is lesser because he has ZERO leadership and take over huge games skills, a non-value imprinted on this argie side, which has obtained lesser results than germany while having more talent and playing in lesser compe ions. It's clear as day sons. My only qualm with missi is that instead of solving these issues and fulfilling his potential he is just busy monkeying around and living the easy life at barcelona.
    Last edited by dfens; 08-04-2016 at 02:13 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Chile can at least get past the group stage of the WC, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    so? france choked. It still doesn't take anything away from the quality of the teams. Portugal is just a chile-level team tbh, benefiting from a more talented team choking and also benefited from a once in a lifetime bracket.

son, talent is talent. I'm sure the DFB managers would kill that midfield themselves if they'd get missi for it. Not to mention the rest of argentina attacking players.
    and @most talent : the french and spanish squads >>>> germany from a talent POV.

SF or better in EC or WC is great son. in practice it means you beat at least another contender and that you didn't choke. Almost always WC/EC SFs are tight 50-50 games, so it's tough going forward. Yes wales- portgual was a once in a lifetime occurance, go ahead and troll with it.
    Now in copa america '15 and '16 argentina were the only contenders and still couldn't do the job, so you see how the semi-finals argument is not a copout. Or do you consider copa america to be as tough to win as the Euros? or that SA has other teams besides argentina on the france/italy/spain/germany contender level?
    And why not count from '30 ? What's your point? That argentina with some golden generations and 2 GOAT level players achieved less than Germany while getting these achievements in the lesser copa america compe ions? Is that the point you're trying to make?

well , maybe look at the roster and not the names of the teams ? denmark had a very good team and they caught lighting in a bottle tbh, they also beat the stacked netherlands, who had a better team than ours, but hey, that doesn't fit your agenda. not to mention that it was the first combined german team after the reunification and there were some chemistry issues on and off the pitch.

sons accept it, I love missi but losing back 2 back to chile isn't something the GOAT would do. Misty is every bit as talented as any other goat, my point is that his value is lesser because he has ZERO leadership and take over huge games skills, a non-value imprinted on this argie side, which has obtained lesser results than germany while having more talent and playing in lesser compe ions. It's clear as day sons. My only qualm with missi is that instead of solving these issues and fulfilling his potential he is just busy monkeying around and living the easy life at barcelona.
    "Denmark had a very good team"

Ok enough Internet for today.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    How many goals would current Chile put past that Denmark team?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Chile can at least get past the group stage of the WC, tbh.
    these days sure, but back in 1990-1994 they were busy qualifying the south american way tbh https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Rojas

"Denmark had a very good team"
    Ok enough Internet for today.
    son, maybe they didn't have big names but they practically played at home (sweden) and had excellent consistent result:
    - drawed with england (when they actually played)
    - beat a strong france
    - beat a stacked netherlands
    - beat a good germany
    It's quite obvious that they were playing great football. Nitpick all you want, you'll never show me chile beating anything close to such opposition in a tournament.

How many goals would current Chile put past that Denmark team?
    since that denmark team beat a world champ germany, a papin-cantona-pe -deschmaps-blanc france and a stacked netherlands I'd say about 0 tbh. They'd rawdog this chile team tbh. Of course this chile side has an amazing pedigree, destroying concacaf contenders like mexico and chokers like misty argentina so I might underrate them tbh. they couldn't even beat bra7il

Y'all s crack me up. What's next, denmark is to a vanilla country? europe is too white? not enough goals per match? germany has too much talent? missi has no help and argentina is talentless? chile is a world class team? defense is boring? not enough players stars in FIFA16? not enough skillz videos? Y'all s bricking more than '16 kobe tbh

Keep reaching sons.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son, maybe they didn't have big names but they practically played at home (sweden) and had excellent consistent result:
    - beat a strong france
    - beat a good germany
    It's quite obvious that they were playing great football. Nitpick all you want, you'll never show me chile beating anything close to such opposition in a tournament.

since that denmark team beat a world champ germany, a papin-cantona-pe -deschmaps-blanc france and a stacked netherlands I'd say about 0 tbh. They'd rawdog this chile team tbh. Of course this chile side has an amazing pedigree, destroying concacaf contenders like mexico and chokers like misty argentina so I might underrate them tbh. they couldn't even beat bra7il

Y'all s crack me up. What's next, denmark is to a vanilla country? europe is too white? not enough goals per match? germany has too much talent? missi has no help and argentina is talentless? chile is a world class team? defense is boring? not enough players stars in FIFA16? not enough skillz videos? Y'all s bricking more than '16 kobe tbh

Keep reaching sons.

Son they didn't even qualify for the tournament , they played because Yugoslavia was suspended. s were sunbathing at the beach when they were told they were in . They had to play 5-3-2 because their only decent player was the bad Laudrup and their GK was the best player

I see your French butthurt hasn't diminished tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    these days sure, but back in 1990-1994 they were busy qualifying the south american way tbh https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Rojas

- beat a strong france
    - beat a good germany

Keep reaching sons.
    Dude, this Portugal team, that won the super duper hard EC, couldn't get past the group stage of the WC because of a contender CONCACAF team like the US. Shut up, seriously.

You are suffering of a serious case of y euro selfcenteredness, tbh. Snap out of it.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Son they didn't even qualify for the tournament , they played because Yugoslavia was suspended. s were sunbathing at the beach when they were told they were in . They had to play 5-3-2 because their only decent player was the bad Laudrup and their GK was the best player
    I see your French butthurt hasn't diminished tbh.
    this is how it was in europe son, just a tougher 00s western conference compe ion, you had great teams not even qualifying.

Dude, this Portugal team, that won the super duper hard EC, couldn't get past the group stage of the WC because of a contender CONCACAF team like the US. Shut up, seriously.
    You are suffering of a serious case of y euro selfcenteredness, tbh. Snap out of it.
    son portugal was lucky as and benefited from a once in a lifetime bracket, but they are just the exception from the norm. You look at ANY european champ and they have great compe ions, even greece/denmark/czecoslovakia had great compe ions beating several great teams before winning.
    It's just math son, don't be mad that european football is so advanced and full of contenders and good teams and that this is shown by all imaginable stats. Frankly I wonder why misty hasn't already won at least one ing Copa America, they've been the only contender for the last 10 years, I mean even by the law of averages they should've gotten one by now tbh, stats don't lie son.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Argentina was the favorite for copa centenario, however Chile as last year CA champion, Uruguay that's always dangerous at CA and Brazil even without Naymar can't be discarded. Then there are teams like Mexico, Colombia, Paraguay and others that can complicate anyone.

What Germany is doing better than Argentina are two things. One is that Germany can accelerate and play at another level when a goal and result is needed. Messi's Argentina can't do that, since Maradona retired the team is lacking in mystic. The second thing that Germany does better, is that they keep the coaching staff even when they don't win the WC or EC, as long as the team doesn't disappoint. On the other hand, the AFA views any result short of championship as failure. There was no reason to change Sabella after the '14 WC, they would have a CA or two by now.

Bilardo was an defense oriented coach. However conterattacking strategies were more efficient that days. Nowdays, best teams play 4-3-3, with few doing 4-4-2. 5-3-1-1 wouldn't work well, probably would run a lot and seldom see the ball in mid-field.

Making the Ecuador side and San Lorenzo win the libertadores is certainly outstanding, however coaching at NT level may be much more complicated.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Argentina was the favorite for copa centenario, however Chile as last year CA champion, Uruguay that's always dangerous at CA and Brazil even without Naymar can't be discarded. Then there are teams like Mexico, Colombia, Paraguay and others that can complicate anyone.

What Germany is doing better than Argentina are two things. One is that Germany can accelerate and play at another level when a goal and result is needed. Messi's Argentina can't do that, since Maradona retired the team is lacking in mystic. The second thing that Germany does better, is that they keep the coaching staff even when they don't win the WC or EC, as long as the team doesn't disappoint. On the other hand, the AFA views any result short of championship as failure. There was no reason to change Sabella after the '14 WC, they would have a CA or two by now.

Bilardo was an defense oriented coach. However conterattacking strategies were more efficient that days. Nowdays, best teams play 4-3-3, with few doing 4-4-2. 5-3-1-1 wouldn't work well, probably would run a lot and seldom see the ball in mid-field.

Making the Ecuador side and San Lorenzo win the libertadores is certainly outstanding, however coaching at NT level may be much more complicated.
    AFA didn't change , all those guys left on their own.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I don't count in favorites but in tiers. WC-level contenders (argentina, old brazil, germany, spain, france, italy, netherlands besides this EC up) , 2nd tiers teams (croatia, chile, current brazil, old england, poland, belgium) 3rd tier teams (they qualify but that's it : usa, hungary, sweden, ireland, nigeria, england etc). To me losing as a slight favorite (e.g. france vs germany) is not a choke as the two teams are in the same tier. Losing to an inferior tier is a choke, as one team is heavily favored. That's why not getting ONE trophy in south america really hurts messi in my eyes, argentina are in their own league there, it's inadmissible to not win ONE.

what germany is doing better:
    1. plan a strategy for all levels and implement it (u15, u17, u19, u21, b-team, a-team play the SAME system, it was decided by DFB). This makes it clear who plays what, sure there are adjustments for talent, but there is a clear view. The argie federation is probably corrupt as so implementing this kind of grand strategy is probably beyond them, therefore I don't put it as a negative for argentina.
    2. not pussy out. Win or lose we play, we took bad beats (2-0 italy 2006), we took cheats(2-1- france 2016), we got destroyed by better squads (vs spain in '08 and '10) but we played, we ran after the ing ball and tried passing and building, playing to our strengths. Argentina is hit or miss. This is what really drags argentina down, the inability to be consistent and the inability to react to adversity.
    I agree that the coaching changes are beyond re ed and are massively hurting the team.

Bilardo was an defense oriented coach. However conterattacking strategies were more efficient that days. Nowdays, best teams play 4-3-3, with few doing 4-4-2. 5-3-1-1 wouldn't work well, probably would run a lot and seldom see the ball in mid-field.Making the Ecuador side and San Lorenzo win the libertadores is certainly outstanding, however coaching at NT level may be much more complicated.
    imo argentina should play an attacking style, they have enormous talent up front and it's pointless not to use it. they should also press more as they have great players that can use that possession. playing argentina as a counter attacking team is re ed, since all that stacked talent is wasted. Even if the coach gets good results they are results gotten in spite of the strategy not because it imo. Argentina is not ecuador nor a tiny talentless team, they've been growing talent on trees in the last 10 years, from memory from world cups:
    - misty
    - higuain
    - tevez
    - mascherano
    - cambiasso
    - di maria
    - lavezzi
    - aguero
    - crespo
    - veron
    - ayala
    - aimar
    - lucho gonzales
    - riquelme
    - sorin
    - banega
    I'm not even trying, just enumerated what went through my head in 30 seconds. That's a crazy amount of talent any way you put it and there is no excuse for not winning SOMETHING in the last 10 years, especially with brazil sucking royally. NONE. NADA. I know my argie s are trolling me these days but they too know what i'm talking about.

Btw, the government should man up and purge that federation to the ground.

Thread Information