Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    I thought it was predictable and stupid.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    as much as this movie was good there is a very disturbing scene in the end... it is just so nasty... many will know what i am talking about
    Whole ing theater broke out laughing...was definitely unexpected.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looking forward to seeing this one. For those Horror nuts, my favourite Martyrs. Brilliant story. But be warned, it is very hard to watch. Something happens and you realise what the is going on. And at that moment you realise your about to watch some pretty awful .

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Looking forward to seeing this one. For those Horror nuts, my favourite Martyrs. Brilliant story. But be warned, it is very hard to watch. Something happens and you realise what the is going on. And at that moment you realise your about to watch some pretty awful .

Is it "sick" , or, something else?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This movie is easily the best suspense movie in a very very long time.... Every time you thought it was over, more action on it's way. Great movie!!! 9/10 to me

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it "sick" , or, something else?
    Firstly, I am talking about the original French version, not the remade American version which is meant to be a complete disaster.
    To answer your question, both tbh. It is sick for the purpose to shock you, but it has a purpose, a meaning, something that you talk about. It is one of the better horror film plots out there. Some say movies like Saw and Hostile are 'sicker.' They probably are, in parts, but because this has more meaning, and that the victim's have more purpose, you feel it more. It is really hard to explain. But it is a hardcore horror and not a teen slasher style.

Another good movie to see which isn't really violent at all is Funny Games. There is a American remake of it, shot by shot, directed by the same original director too. It is very good. Again a movie that has something to say. But it isn't exactly a horror film. No jump scares. It feels like it is written by Tarantino

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    as much as this movie was good there is a very disturbing scene in the end... it is just so nasty... many will know what i am talking about
    i was like 'what's he talking about?' then i remembered

wouldn't say very disturbing though. gross, yeah.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Firstly, I am talking about the original French version, not the remade American version which is meant to be a complete disaster.
    To answer your question, both tbh. It is sick for the purpose to shock you, but it has a purpose, a meaning, something that you talk about. It is one of the better horror film plots out there. Some say movies like Saw and Hostile are 'sicker.' They probably are, in parts, but because this has more meaning, and that the victim's have more purpose, you feel it more. It is really hard to explain. But it is a hardcore horror and not a teen slasher style.

Another good movie to see which isn't really violent at all is Funny Games. There is a American remake of it, shot by shot, directed by the same original director too. It is very good. Again a movie that has something to say. But it isn't exactly a horror film. No jump scares. It feels like it is written by Tarantino
    "Funny Games" is horrible, dog. I can't do it. So, if it's like FG then tell me so I don't waste my time & money. I'd appreciate it. I can't do torture that is, or, can be based in reality.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Funny Games" is horrible, dog. I can't do it. So, if it's like FG then tell me so I don't waste my time & money. I'd appreciate it. I can't do torture that is, or, can be based in reality.
    Yeh, then stay away from it. The movie is about torture at a different level that you have seen. Why didn't you like Funny Games btw?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeh, then stay away from it. The movie is about torture at a different level that you have seen. Why didn't you like Funny Games btw?
    It was too mean spirited. I can't do that. They have that one part where it looks like they "win" ---then a rewind is pushed and it was a trap for the viewer. The kicker though is how the two walk up on the next house. Ugh.

Thank you, though for the candor. I'll stay away from it.

Thread Information