Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    maybe the person who asked the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn thought he had potential. Sometimes looked like a mini-Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't D Fish unemployed? Damnit!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No, it means Barea is out again and they'll continue to cycle through 15th men based on current need.
    They already have a Curry/Harris/Deron rotation at PG & Harris isn't even playing 20 minutes although they are probably easing him in since he was out w/ injury early in the season.

I'm skeptical, but if Williams gets bought out, it'll probably be post deadline, when they'll have had time to exhaust trade options and likely know whether the playoffs are out of the question. The Cavaliers would be the obvious landing spot.
    I don't think Deron want to live too far away from his hometown as it seems like he signed w/ Dallas to be around his family after he fell into depression in Brooklyn. If he's bought out then his two options are most likely Rockets or Spurs.

The Spurs don't need depth at point guard (I'd consider Williams or Calderon, but I'd pass on fringe options) unless Parker or Mills suffers a long term injury, but that's no different than a lot of teams. Murray should suffice in Parker rest games and Ginobili (offense) and Simmons (defense), as a tandem, should as the 3rd option in the playoffs. That might sound underwhelming, but the other elites are no better off.
    We could do some simple math as far as minutes in the postseason:

Guard minutes: 48 x 2 = 96
    Backup 3 minutes: ~12 (more if Kawhi plays small ball 4)

96 + 12 = 108 minutes to be split b/w Porker/Patty/Manure/Danny

Danny: 30
    Porker/Manure/Patty: ~ 20 minutes each (60 total)

So, there is about 18 minutes left which can be used on a guy like Deron who can play w/ Patty/Manu where he could run the offense & Manu can play the Marco role. Simmons can still get minutes based on matchups especially if Kawhi is playing small ball 4.

If Porker is injured you can insert Deron into the starting lineup & let Patty/Manu run the second unit so the bench will remain potent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe the person who asked the question.
    You get my point.
    This is irrelevant. Jesus... have to hold some people's hands around here.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Gibson getting waived has no implication on Deron's buyout since dude was as good as an empty roster.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Porker must give Pop some good head to not get cut like this. Lapro was not the worst PG on the Spurs, not even close.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already have a Curry/Harris/Deron rotation at PG & Harris isn't even playing 20 minutes although they are probably easing him in since he was out w/ injury early in the season.

I don't think Deron want to live too far away from his hometown as it seems like he signed w/ Dallas to be around his family after he fell into depression in Brooklyn. If he's bought out then his two options are most likely Rockets or Spurs.

So, there is about 18 minutes left which can be used on a guy like Deron who can play w/ Patty/Manu where he could run the offense & Manu can play the Marco role. Simmons can still get minutes based on matchups especially if Kawhi is playing small ball 4.

If Porker is injured you can insert Deron into the starting lineup & let Patty/Manu run the second unit so the bench will remain potent.
    Totally ignoring how easy it would be be to exploit a lineup of Patty, Deron, Manu backcourt. The defense would be terrible with that lineup. Give me the lineup w/ the highest ceiling on the defensive end since Patty, Manu are fine driving the offense w/ the 2nd unit.

Spurs need another two way wing with size especially in case of a potential Rockets/Warriors matchup when they inevitably go small. Spurs would have to optimize minutes at the wing as wings would fill minutes at three positions vs. the two teams.

Having PJ Tucker or Omri Casspi would help in the potential matchup and they'd prevent the Spurs from having to play Anderson.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You get my point.
    This is irrelevant. Jesus... have to hold some people's hands around here.
    it isn't irrelevant, someone just got waived. if you don't have an answer to my question then off instead of wasting both of our time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played more minutes than Forbes.

I'll go with the argument that he had no interest in playing in the D-league and had options in Europe.

Also, I agree with the comment that Spurs want that flexibility to pick up a waived vet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Carlisle seems to like to have as many point guards at his disposal as possible and right now, all they have are Williams and Harris, who are being eased back in and Curry, who's really a shooting guard offensively.

Agreed, hence my skepticism. That said, the Cavaliers may prove too tempting to pass up. Not only a greater opportunity for a championship than Spurs or Rockets, but a more natural fit in their rotation.

I think there would be more like 10-12 minutes leftover and he'd have to defend wings and somewhat split ball handling duties with Ginobili and Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it isn't irrelevant, someone just got waived. if you don't have an answer to my question then off instead of wasting both of our time.
    Oh... you had a question?
    And yes, that fool is completely irrelevant. Go back to your Parker spamming.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Oh... you had a question?
    And yes, that fool is completely irrelevant. Go back to your Parker spamming.
    idc about forbes, i was wondering about his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    idc about forbes, i was wondering about his contract.
    Oh.

I missed that. From an earlier post, I guess. Honestly, Lapro got an offer from Europe, for sure. This has nothing to do with Forbes, but yeah... Forbes is irrelevant too.
    From every standpoint imaginable, really. From money, to on the court, to off it. He's a nothing to this team this year and ever. Just like Lapro.

So... Who cares?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Totally ignoring how easy it would be be to exploit a lineup of Patty, Deron, Manu backcourt. The defense would be terrible with that lineup. Give me the lineup w/ the highest ceiling on the defensive end since Patty, Manu are fine driving the offense w/ the 2nd unit.
    I'm aware that the defense would definitely not be great but all they have to do is outscore the other bench. Carlisle played Barea/JET/Kidd together in the Finals against the STARTERS & the Heat weren't exactly feasting on them mostly b/c he had Tyson Chandler on the floor; the bench would have Dedmon cleaning up their mess.

If you look at the Cripples bench they play Felton/Crawford/Rivers + Johnson w/ Speight as the back-line defense & that bench unit has been holding up defensively all season long b/c most benches aren't good at exploiting mismatches or don't have the talent to take advantage of it: http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2016...out-on-defense

Spurs need another two way wing with size especially in case of a potential Rockets/Warriors matchup when they inevitably go small. Spurs would have to optimize minutes at the wing as wings would fill minutes at three positions vs. the two teams. Having PJ Tucker or Omri Casspi would help in the potential matchup and they'd prevent the Spurs from having to play Anderson.
    There is nothing stopping PATFO from cutting Forbes & signing either Casspi or Tucker. Deron being on the roster isn't going to affect small ball 4 guys which is what Casspi/Tucker are in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Laprovittolla gets signed to a good team in Europe as speculated. I'm sure Manu is disappointed.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I think there would be more like 10-12 minutes leftover and he'd have to defend wings and somewhat split ball handling duties with Ginobili and Mills.
    Patty/Marco averaged 15 minutes during the 2014 postseason run including garbage time. If Deron can play 12 rotation minutes consistently in the playoffs (that's what Cassell played on the '08 Celtics) then he can still have an impact & considering that Porker/Manu can pull a muscle any minute he would be a very valuable insurance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small sign that they think Murray can handle the 3rd string spot, feel okay letting Laprovittola go find a better career path in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. He was good enough as a third stringer. Forbes is the one who doesn't belong here.

With that said, Murray is good enough to have made him expendable.
    Yeah, I would have got rid of Forbes first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Leprosy go off on another team.....

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Small sign that they think Murray can handle the 3rd string spot, feel okay letting Laprovittola go find a better career path in Europe.
    So when Porker & I said *when* not *if* gets injured in the playoffs, you're going to start Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs need another two way wing with size especially in case of a potential Rockets/Warriors matchup when they inevitably go small. Spurs would have to optimize minutes at the wing as wings would fill minutes at three positions vs. the two teams.

Having PJ Tucker or Omri Casspi would help in the potential matchup and they'd prevent the Spurs from having to play Anderson.
    My man, cassi isnt exactly a decent defender.

Tucker...yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when Porker & I said *when* not *if* gets injured in the playoffs, you're going to start Murray?
    I don't understand the grammar in the first part of your sentence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see Garino get a call up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Laprovittolla gets signed to a good team in Europe as speculated. I'm sure Manu is disappointed.
    Im sure manu is happy with his 14 million

Thread Information