Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Do you ever get tired of say-nothing, cliche passive aggressive takes? You could write a War and Peace size book with nothing but passive aggressive takes.

no stance
    the complete lack of self-awareness it takes to post this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL comparing saying something offensive to years of sexual harrassment
    admittedly Bill's issue is different and I wasn't sad to see him go but you have to admit you'll think twice before asking a coworker to use a vibrator while on the phone. I wonder if that's dangerous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus Trump insisted on calling all the high school dropouts and low IQ people that followed him the "poorly educated"...try to find a more PC term for ing stupid people than that. Makes it sound like they ended up a re ed high school dropouts not because of laziness but because the education system failed them or something
    Basket of deplorables seemed to rile more people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Point is the "poorly educated" phrase showed Trumpers absolutely love PC terminology when it's flattering to them. I mean we all know when Trump always says "I love the poorly educated" he's saying "God, I love stupid people".

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & she couldn't wait to utter it. One of her people came up with it around the table and she ran to the lectern. Couple that with Bannon goin' over the #'s across the rust belt & she was ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Point is the "poorly educated" phrase showed people absolutely love PC terminology when it's flattering to them. I mean we all know when Trump always says "I love the poorly educated" he's saying "God, I love stupid people".
    fixed

pretending the world is so cleanly divided into trump supporters and everyone else..

Poorly educated isn't the same as stupid. I know plenty people who only have a HS education and are far from stupid.

But yeah, trump is a bag. Amazing a career politician lost to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    & she couldn't wait to utter it. One of her people came up with it around the table and she ran to the lectern. Couple that with Bannon goin' over the #'s across the rust belt & she was ed.
    That's the thing Cub, folks shouldn't spend a year ing that the winner has a wooden leg if your runner lost to him. I get the concern now that he's in power, but it's all been proven to be ineffective when the vote comes around. You'd think eventually someone would say "we need a new strategy" but no, they see all the non voters marching and breaking and think they have it in the bag. Then they wake up to Maddow crying on TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the complete lack of self-awareness it takes to post this.
    Thanks, I am indeed not a selfish person.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Agreed, it wasn't a politically correct thing to say, while "poorly educated" was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to admit "poorly educated" isn't a character judgement, just a fact. The term "disenfranchised" means basically the same thing and has been used for years to indicate those who are uneducated, poor, minorities who for one stipulation or another don't meet the criteria for voting or success in the US.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sausage fingers wildly overcompensating now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sausage fingers wildly overcompensating now.
    Do you still look like Stuart Smalley?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Plus Trump insisted on calling all the high school dropouts and low IQ people that followed him the "poorly educated"...try to find a more PC term for ing stupid people than that. Makes it sound like they ended up a re ed high school dropouts not because of laziness but because the education system failed them or something
    Agreed, Republicans get their panties in a wad over the same stupid .

I remember when Matt Taibbi wrote an article led "Andrew Breitbart: the death of a " after he died, which led to his email getting hacked and him receiving death threats for being so insensitive about poor Andrew breitbart (someone who himself made fun of Ted Kennedy dying).

Lets not also forget the entire 2nd term of Bush's presidency when anyone who even questioned the War in Iraq was met with some combination of why don't you just shut up and support the troops you unpatriotic meanie and it's unpatriotic and wrong to question your president during a time like this .

Or the time when Jesse Ventura was run out of office in Minnesota by bible thumpers because he said religion was for weak minded people who need strength in numbers.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets not also forget the entire 2nd term of Bush's presidency when anyone who even questioned the War in Iraq was met with some combination of why don't you just shut up and support the troops you unpatriotic meanie and it's unpatriotic and wrong to question your president during a time like this .
    LOL if you didn't support the president the right would always respond with "Why do you hate America?" That died off pretty quickly once Obama's black ass got in the white house.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It always amazed me that if you criticized or questioned sending American troops into battle, you were accused of somehow making those troops less safe.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    LOL if you didn't support the president the right would always respond with "Why do you hate America?" That died off pretty quickly once Obama's black ass got in the white house.
    Yeah that's the best part, the tea party took it to a level far beyond anything the Dems ever did with Bush, openly hoping that Obama would fail as a president and not get anything done even though he was just elected in a landslide to get done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's the best part, the tea party took it to a level far beyond anything the Dems ever did with Bush, openly hoping that Obama would fail as a president and not get anything done even though he was just elected in a landslide to get done.
    It always amazes me how democrats get equal blame for the teabaggers turning Washington into partisan gridlock. Before all the Koch money started pouring in you had republican senators saying they would vote for Obama ahead of McCain after how the two handled that emergency meeting over the bank bailout. Before the Koch money GOP senators like Grassley were ready to work with Obama to implement RomneyCare nationally. Before all the Koch money started pouring in there was GOP support for action on global warming.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It always amazes me how democrats get equal blame for the teabaggers turning Washington into partisan gridlock. Before all the Koch money started pouring in you had republican senators saying they would vote for Obama ahead of McCain after how the two handled that emergency meeting over the bank bailout. Before the Koch money GOP senators like Grassley were ready to work with Obama to implement RomneyCare nationally. Before all the Koch money started pouring in there was GOP support for action on global warming.
    The teabaggers thrive on falsely equating two sides of the argument, and the media is usually re ed enough to play right into it. One example is that every time global warming is discussed on TV, they always have one on one argument and make it look like a hotly contested issue with no clear evidence in either direction when 97% of the scientific community says humans contribute to climate change.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The teabaggers thrive on falsely equating two sides of the argument, and the media is usually re ed enough to play right into it. One example is that every time global warming is discussed on TV, they always have one on one argument and make it look like a hotly contested issue with no clear evidence in either direction when 97% of the scientific community says humans contribute to climate change.
    i loved that john oliver bit where he had a proportionally correct debate where it was one climate change denier vs like 50 scientists.

EDIT: found it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i loved that john oliver bit where he had a proportionally correct debate where it was one climate change denier vs like 50 scientists.

EDIT: found it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh gawd it's all about who gets the money. The climate change debate is just a strawman for the masses to squabble over while those in power (on both sides) have a tug of war to see which can find the most creative ways to line their own pockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh gawd it's all about who gets the money. The climate change debate is just a strawman for the masses to squabble over while those in power (on both sides) have a tug of war to see which can find the most creative ways to line their own pockets.
    well thats one way to relieve the right of any responsibility on the matter, although take that same sentence, replace climate change with any political position, and now every political question becomes a non-issue

lets apply it to liberal policies you dont like, such as CHL or wealth distribution policies. its just a strawman for you to squabble over while those in power find creative ways to line their pockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and that ignoring Wisconsin thingy was a doozy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well thats one way to relieve the right of any responsibility on the matter, although take that same sentence, replace climate change with any political position, and now every political question becomes a non-issue

lets apply it to liberal policies you dont like, such as CHL or wealth distribution policies. its just a strawman for you to squabble over while those in power find creative ways to line their pockets
    So now you're changing my wording to say "non-issue"? you in' lawyers.

I don't see how that relieves anyone of responsibility. One side wants their buddies in alternative energy to get funding, the other side wants big oil to keep being the only source for it. Is there a real global crisis? Maybe. Will it matter that company A is using fossil fuels and company B is using renewable energy? It depends on where they get it. I can tell you solar cell manufacturing isn't a clean process. Nuclear isn't a clean process.

No one said you cannot still be as environmentally conscious as you want. I just don't see a thousand square miles of wind turbines saving the world.

Thread Information