Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2008: Choked Games 3 and 7 against the Spurs
    2009: Choked the entire series against the Nuggets, including a 58-point loss at home!
    2012: Choked the entire series against the Spurs; outplayed by his own backup in Porker-esque fashion
    2013: Choked Games 3 and 4 against the Grizzlies
    2014: Choked Game 5 against the Thunder
    2015: Choked Game 6 against the Rockets, didn't show up for Games 5 or 7 until garbage time
    2017: Choked and quit in Game 7 against the Jazz, at home

No Western Conference Finals appearances. No Finals appearances. No rings.

"But, but, muh stats!"

CP0 is a loser, plain and simple. One of the most overrated players in NBA history.
    Damn, he must have done pretty good on the other games to have those stats if he choked in all those games, tbh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Damn, he must have done pretty good on the other games to have those stats if he choked in all those games, tbh.
    The stats are deceptive, tbh. In some elimination games, his meltdown didn't begin until the fourth quarter. In others, he'd the bed to start the game and then start stat-padding like crazy once it was out of reach and the pressure was off. He'd end up with nice-looking statlines on paper, but people who watched the games could see that he was choking and didn't make any big plays when his team needed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait ppl arguing whether CPChoke is an all time choker or not???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait ppl arguing whether CPChoke is an all time choker or not???

yeah.. shouldn't he prove us wrong, for once? i mean, he's reaching tmac levels of pointlessness..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The stats are deceptive, tbh. In some elimination games, his meltdown didn't begin until the fourth quarter. In others, he'd the bed to start the game and then start stat-padding like crazy once it was out of reach and the pressure was off. He'd end up with nice-looking statlines on paper, but people who watched the games could see that he was choking and didn't make any big plays when his team needed him.
    Exactly ...stats with no context are meaningless. I chose that Lakers Nola series cuz I actually eatched every min. with my own eyes ...not just boxscores. At times, especially the first 4 games he was amazing ...heck, I was pissed we lost him for basketball reasons ...but his meltdowns have been clear as day.
    The winner to beat the spurs in round one and win vs grizz are the only times his playoff production truly matched his point gawd hype ...when it mattered most.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    #sexualassault
    #MeToo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly ...stats with no context are meaningless. I chose that Lakers Nola series cuz I actually eatched every min. with my own eyes ...not just boxscores. At times, especially the first 4 games he was amazing ...heck, I was pissed we lost him for basketball reasons ...but his meltdowns have been clear as day.
    The winner to beat the spurs in round one and win vs grizz are the only times his playoff production truly matched his point gawd hype ...when it mattered most.
    How can you know that when the Lakers Nola series is the only one you "watched every minute" of?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How can you know that when the Lakers Nola series is the only one you "watched every minute" of?
    because i generally do watch game 1 and elimination games for all series ...and often 4 or more but id be lying to say i watched ever min of every playoff game of his ...why would I if Lakers only faced him once?
    When he beat spurs with that game winner i was at the PBF/Manny fight ...for example ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because i generally do watch game 1 and elimination games for all series ...and often 4 or more but id be lying to say i watched ever min of every playoff game of his ...why would I if Lakers only faced him once?
    When he beat spurs with that game winner i was at the PBF/Manny fight ...for example ..
    So first you say that the reason for cherrypicking the LAL Nola series is that is the one you watched in its entirety but then you think watching just the 1st and last game of a series is enough to make claims such as: " The winner to beat the spurs in round one and win vs grizz are the only times his playoff production truly matched his point gawd hype"? OK.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So first you say that the reason for cherrypicking the LAL Nola series is that is the one you watched in its entirety but then you think watching just the 1st and last game of a series is enough to make claims such as: " The winner to beat the spurs in round one and win vs grizz are the only times his playoff production truly matched his point gawd hype"? OK.
    I have seen plenty of Paul dude ...
    I used to live in L.A. ...seen him play multiple times live.
    and i have had NBALP at various points of his career, especially when Lakers were good ...
    i usually watch close to 60% of first round games ..75 % of 2nd round games and usually every min of the conference and NBA finals ...
    so no I may have not seen all of his playoff games for a series (outside one I mentioned) ...because that nicca never makes it past the 2nd round!!!That is when i start watching every game, genius ...when they matter and CP3 is long gone by then ...

which is the point ...

all that being said this year he can change the narrative ...Blake wasnt good enough as a #2 (according chris paul acolytes) to advance ...so now he can be a1B with Harden ...Spurs ...
    may have no or a diminished Kiwi ...so no excuses make the conference finals and prove everyone wrong and he can prove you right ... path is wide ass open
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 01-17-2018 at 05:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have seen plenty of Paul dude ...
    I used to live in L.A. ...seen him play multiple times live.
    and i have had NBALP at various points of his career, especially when Lakers were good ...
    i usually watch close to 60% of first round games ..75 % of 2nd round games and usually every min of the conference and NBA finals ...
    so no I may have not seen all of his playoff games for a series (outside one I mentioned) ...because that nicca never makes it past the 2nd round!!!That is when i start watching every game, genius ...when they matter and CP3 is long gone by then ...

which is the point ...

all that being said this year he can change the narrative ...Blake wasnt good enough as a #2 (according chris paul acolytes) to advance ...so now he can be a1B with Harden ...Spurs ...
    may have no or a diminished Kiwi ...so no excuses make the conference finals and prove everyone wrong and he can prove you right ... path is wide ass open
    What happens from now on is irrelevant. The point is that the playoffs choker label Paul has, up to this point, is grossly exagerated. He as an individual did pretty damn good and we never have to forget that basketball is a team sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza and Green got two games. Harden, CP0, and Griffin got no games.

det favoritism

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CP0 is such a coward. For the role players on the Rockets, this should tell them all they need to know about what that got is like as a teammate. He only cares about himself.

Not sure why Blake is included in the favoritism, though. He got T'd up twice and ejected during the game. That was his punishment. He did nothing worthy of a suspension.
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 01-17-2018 at 07:13 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

What a bunch of crybaby es. Are they going to protest to the league next like the last time we beat them? Pathetic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What happens from now on is irrelevant. The point is that the playoffs choker label Paul has, up to this point, is grossly exagerated. He as an individual did pretty damn good and we never have to forget that basketball is a team sport.
    what happens from now on is irrelevant?
    Is he retiring from hoops?
    The theory is he melts down at critical times (i never said every single time and pointed to examples I remembered when he did not) in the playoffs and pointing to a paticular series as an example of when he did and i watched every minute.

if he continues to melt down or never makes the 2nd round ...of course that is relevant ...he would go down as the best player to never play in a conference finals ...i dont know that as fact ...but to best of my recollection it's him and i started watching the nba in the 80s ...

btw elimination games arent the only ones that matter ...using those only ...as proof he does not melt does not tell the whole story you need to watch him too.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 01-18-2018 at 09:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The theory is he melts down at critical times (i never said every time and pointed to examples I remembered when he did not) in the playoffs pointing to a paticular series as an example of when he did not.
    if he continues to melt down or never makes the 2nd round ...of course that is relevant ...he would go down as the best player to never play in a conference finals ...i dont know that as fact ...but to best of my recollection it's him i started watching nba in the 80s ...

btw elimination games arent the on my ones that matter ...using those only as proof does not tell the whole story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The theory is he melts down at critical times (i never said every single time and pointed to examples I remembered when he did not) in the playoffs and pointing to a paticular series as an example of when he did and i watched every minute.

if he continues to melt down or never makes the 2nd round ...of course that is relevant ...he would go down as the best player to never play in a conference finals ...i dont know that as fact ...but to best of my recollection it's him and i started watching the nba in the 80s ...
    Is irrelevant because I'm not doing futurology, I'm just talking about what Paul did up to this point.

btw elimination games arent the only ones that matter ...using those only ...as proof he does not melt does not tell the whole story you need to watch him too.
    The rest of his playoffs games are even better. Do you want to take them as sample?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Still using the "muh stats" card

CP0 is very good at padding his stats... not very good at leading his team or making big plays in the clutch moments. In before one of his stans posts the video of his shot against the Spurs since it's the only known example of him being clutch in the playoffs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is irrelevant because I'm not doing futurology, I'm just talking about what Paul did up to this point.

The rest of his playoffs games are even better. Do you want to take them as sample?
    ill let CN continue this cuz i dont hate him as much as he does ...in fact he is a great player just i have concerns... just seen him melt down one to many tines ...magic has one on his resume so does Kobe so does LeBron...difference is they have also proven they can get past the 2nd round ...team game or not.

last question ...were you one of the cats upstairs pining for Paul in the 50 page thread upstairs?!
    if so it explains a lot ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 01-18-2018 at 02:52 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still using the "muh stats" card

CP0 is very good at padding his stats... not very good at leading his team or making big plays in the clutch moments. In before one of his stans posts the video of his shot against the Spurs since it's the only known example of him being clutch in the playoffs.
    that is actually my issue he assits s ...even lebron stat pads some ...but lebron is also happy to pass ahead...or get a hockey assist ...he also doesnt just pound the rock for 10 plus seconds ...lebron plays PG better than him in some ways, tbh ...but paul is better at pnr...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 01-18-2018 at 02:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ill let CN continue this cuz i dont hate him as much as he does ...in fact he is a great player just i have concerns... just seen him melt down one to many tines ...magic has one on his resume so does Kobe so does LeBron...difference is they have also proven they can get past the 2nd round ...team game or not.

last question ...were you one of the cats upstairs pining for Paul in the 50 page thread upstairs?!
    I don't know, probably not because I don't usually get involved in those kind of threads; but anyways, what would explain? That I think Paul is a great player? I'm telling you that right ing now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know, probably not because I don't usually get involved in those kind of threads; but anyways, what would explain? That I think Paul is a great player? I'm telling you that right ing now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    just curious ...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DAF's soft spot for chokers is not exclusive to football, apparently..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

What a bunch of crybaby es. Are they going to protest to the league next like the last time we beat them? Pathetic.
    Rockets gon Fuk up your scrub ass team next meet up. Book it.

Thread Information