Page 62 of 745 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 18607
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lets say Tatum takes a leap (he was one of the younger prospects in last year's draft) ...
    I doubt Ainge would offer you Tatum straight up at the trade deadline. Sounds like ainge has him off limits ATM..
    At this point we have no idea how good he can be but we saw glimpses/flashes.
    Spurs gamble on his future and celts gamble KL will stay healthy ...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And again I like Brown ...and thought Boston had the leverage but Lakers/clips/Sixers/Sacto all being interested swings SOME of that back to Spurs.
    IF he was 100% healthy I think Ainge probably doesn't hesitate ...but since that is unknown they will try and hold fast, but Spurs shouldnt blink.
    No promises that the doncic pick, 2019 pick or memphis pick will bring back anything good as good as KL.
    I don't like Brown. Is he a guy you're going to be comfortable giving $20 to $25 million a year to? I'm not even that big on Tatum. Leonard with a broken jumper was still statistically a better rookie than Tatum.

I don't think Brown is any better than Saric, who the Spurs could easily land from Philly while getting a chance to swing for the fences with Fultz. Brown gets overrated by the eye test but by his PER rating he's a below average NBA player. I'd rather just sit and suspend Leonard and hope somebody comes with a good offer than take a guy like Brown who I'm going to have to pay more than $20 million a year to soon as the centerpiece of a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is not hurt. He was just holding out, pulling an Eric Gordon. I'm not going to believe Uncle Dennis over actual doctors who said he was fine. The only way the Spurs win the trade is if they get a draft pick who wins MVP, because Leonard is the second best player in the league. Tatum + the Sacramento 2019 pick + matching salaries wouldn't be anywhere close to 75 cents on the dollar, and that is the best case scenario.
    Is he still the second or third or even fourth best player in the league anymore, or has he peaked? Will his medical ailments continue and perhaps intensify especially if he has degenerative issues? How well will his heavy iso play mesh in a new system with new players in an ever increasing three ball league? In a strange irony, he may be doing us a favor by getting rid of him before the wheels come off his career.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't like Brown. Is he a guy you're going to be comfortable giving $20 to $25 million a year to? I'm not even that big on Tatum. Leonard with a broken jumper was still statistically a better rookie than Tatum.

I don't think Brown is any better than Saric, who the Spurs could easily land from Philly while getting a chance to swing for the fences with Fultz. Brown gets overrated by the eye test but by his PER rating he's a below average NBA player. I'd rather just sit and suspend Leonard and hope somebody comes with a good offer than take a guy like Brown who I'm going to have to pay more than $20 million a year to soon as the centerpiece of a trade.
    I agree on Brown. Youy are right he is good but not $20 million good. but comparing the two (tatum/KL) didnt KL play at least two years in college? or am I mistaken? Tatum hit a rookie wall middle of the year but the fact he showed real glimpses of being a proven playoff scorer and improved defense (he will never be KL on that end) ...
    I have mooved away from brown ... watching him struggle in the eCF made mr doubt he can ever be a #1 on a good team much less a le team. Spurs could use a guy like him (most teams could) but not as a centerpiece of a deal. I agree with you he is not enough even with the Grizz or sacto pick attached.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to stay relevant while getting pieces for the future. Unless Boston is willing to part with Kyrie or Hayward along with a young prospect or pick, it's a non-starter. Morris is not that guy.

The Clippers are interesting because Harris is a solid pro and they have a couple picks. Still not sure it's enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look I ilke KL want him on the Lakers badly who wouldnt?!
    But he never was truly the 2nd best player, 3rd at best and I value defense more than most ...
    You can say he wasnt hurt and he looked pretty good when he played but based on last season alone even 3rd best is a stretch ...IF he is more like last year I would say more 5-10 range.
    Remember he has only one year left on his deal and missed over 10 games due to injury ...and wants out.
    you act as if he is coming off his MVP year ...
    And I get we are projecting on Tatum but I truly believe he will be the best player of last year's draft ... and I think could be the best player of the past few along with simmons. I think I would take him over Towns, too ..and Doncic. Ayton? not sure about I thik he has some towns to him but looks like young robinson physically (before david truly got yoked) but david was waaaaay better in college. but this kid is young ...Point is you may get teh best prospect of the past 3 drafts
    Kawhi was one of the three players with the highest impact in the league and the best player in the playoffs before the injury, regardless of how bad he looks morally now, and this will not be forgotten by any GM, his value is still very high

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh right, let's just pretend like you didn't come in matter of factly, strutting your sauce queen ass after the pic was posted to "confirm" that it was recent.

Besides someone with your sauces should be tied in enough to not fall for a twitter troll's BS.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to stay relevant while getting pieces for the future. Unless Boston is willing to part with Kyrie or Hayward along with a young prospect or pick, it's a non-starter. Morris is not that guy.

The Clippers are interesting because Harris is a solid pro and they have a couple picks. Still not sure it's enough.
    those two picks are doo-doo.
    Harris is better than I thought he could be when he was in ORlando but is in the last year f his deal are you going to pay him as an unrestrcicted FA to keep him?
    Tatum has to be included and the best healthy cap fit Hayward/Kyrie are both coming off major injuries. (so is KL, apparently)

Im im the Spurs Tatum and whomever I want most plus the Memphis or sacto pick

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on Brown. Youy are right he is good but not $20 million good. but comparing the two (tatum/KL) didnt KL play at least two years in college? or am I mistaken? Tatum hit a rookie wall middle of the year but the fact he showed real glimpses of being a proven playoff scorer and improved defense (he will never be KL on that end) ...
    I have mooved away from brown ... watching him struggle in the eCF made mr doubt he can ever be a #1 on a good team much less a le team. Spurs could use a guy like him (most teams could) but not as a centerpiece of a deal. I agree with you he is not enough even with the Grizz or sacto pick attached.
    No I'm saying I think Brown is not good. His absolute ceiling looks like above average starter and by that time he'll be asking $25 million a year. I want Tatum because I think he'll end up a high level starter, someone who will make a few allstar games and thus will be worth the $25 million a year max deal he'll be asking for. I don't see franchise player in him though. I don't think he's close to the prospect Simmons is. You can teach shooting, Kawhi and Tony Parker are proof of that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi was one of the three players with the highest impact in the league and the best player in the playoffs before the injury, regardless of how bad he looks morally now, and this will not be forgotten by any GM, his value is still very high
    you said before injury ... and of course he still has value.
    But it's not the same imho.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No I'm saying I think Brown is not good. His absolute ceiling looks like above average starter and by that time he'll be asking $25 million a year. I want Tatum because I think he'll end up a high level starter, someone who will make a few allstar games and thus will be worth the $25 million a year max deal he'll be asking for. I don't see franchise player in him though. I don't think he's close to the prospect Simmons is. You can teach shooting, Kawhi and Tony Parker are proof of that.
    Tatum is more than a shooter. he will never be the playmaker or athlete Simmons is ...
    But he seems to grasp defensive concepts better than simmons who gables to much for steals.
    Simmos is the better rebounder ...but Tatum has that "it" factor ...
    All tehse young gusy when they make plays on Lebron they seem almost scared/surprised ...
    When he dunked on Lebron in teh ECF he turned and LOOKED for him ... that means soemthing to me.
    Along whith his high skill level he never seems "shook" ...stays mostly quiet but when he the momemnnt is right he gives it.

That reminds me of Tim ...not saying he will ever be that or even as good as Pre-injury KL ...but He is my favorite prospect of the past few drafts and this one, there is value in that ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-18-2018 at 08:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My biggest fear here isn't Kawhi leaving it's that I don't want the Spurs to be blamed for starting another superteam. Spurs aren't stupid and they will be clever here allowing that not to happen. Kawhi is obviously a disgruntled superstar player and Spurs need to trade him for pieces that will allow them to remain compe ive for now and the future. Unless all this is media hyperbole and it works itself out and Kawhi stays.

Boston probably won't trade Tatum now, so it's possible Spurs will just keep Kawhi till the NBA trade deadline. If Boston agreed to trade Tatum and it's true Kawhi wants out, Spurs need to do it ASAP.

If I am Spurs I would not trade Kawhi till LeBron picks a team.
    As long as GSW remains it's current form who cares if another super team is formed? Just means at least one playoff series will be interesting.

I'm also in the boat for being skeptical if he'll ever play a full season and how bad his injury problems are gonna be. So far Kawhi seems to be made of more glass than even Manu.

At this point, idc as long as the uncle and agent are out of San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those two picks are doo-doo.
    Harris is better than I thought he could be when he was in ORlando but is in the last year f his deal are you going to pay him as an unrestrcicted FA to keep him?
    Tatum has to be included and the best healthy cap fit Hayward/Kyrie are both coming off major injuries. (so is KL, apparently)

Im im the Spurs Tatum and whomever I want most plus the Memphis or sacto pick
    Those two picks by themselves are crap, but there are reportedly multiple teams open to trading out of the top of the draft. A team like Atlanta that's in full rebuild mode could be looking to secure additional picks and may be willing to drop back.

I take your point about Harria, but having cap flexibility next summer might be the best thing for the long-term future of the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurm fan acting like PATFO can do no wrong. They ed with Kawhi and now they're paying the price. You can thank Pop, Porky, and Manu for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a huge fan of Brown. Out of all the young prospects outside of Tatum, I think he has a great ceiling, incredible work ethic and 2-way potential. Will he ever be a superstar? I don’t think so, but I do think he can be a truly great player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurm fan acting like PATFO can do no wrong. They ed with Kawhi and now they're paying the price. You can thank Pop, Porky, and Manu for that.
    Nah - SA isn’t perfect and it’s HILARIOUS that you would imply on ST PATFO would be untouchable when all anyone does is b*tch about their moves and coaching

That’s how obvious the blame on Kawhi is; even ST is upset at him vs PATFO which is unprecedented here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brown & Tatum. Nothing less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brown & Tatum. Nothing less.
    No way that happens imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way that happens imo
    Ship him to ATL for the 3rd pick

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I’m a huge fan of Brown. Out of all the young prospects outside of Tatum, I think he has a great ceiling, incredible work ethic and 2-way potential. Will he ever be a superstar? I don’t think so, but I do think he can be a truly great player.
    I think I am inbetween you and Bum.
    I like him, think he will be good ... but don't "love" him.
    I think Tatum can be the #2 on a le team.
    Brown is more in the #3-#4 range.
    I think part of his struggle in the 2018 ECF is he was asked to perform like a #1 or #2 ...in the right role he can be much better, and has shown improvement.
    He is also very intelligent and seems humble for an NBA high lottery pick.
    But Bum is right as teh centerpiece of a deal he is not close to enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't that Manu4Trash no lifer really have any pride at all ? Or just some kind of minimum survival instinct after being pulverized with humiliation over and over again ?

At that point, there's no other possibility that this clown is a craving sissy coming on ST for his daily dose.

I mean, it's not humanly possible to have so little self-esteem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The intriguing part of the Clippers is that he asked to go to the Lakers. You could trade him instead to the Clips. It's LA. Same home court. Clips are very cash strung and if the Spurs signed hand traded him under a max contract whilst taking their 12 and 13 picks AND Harris, you would effectively be blocking that team from getting substantially better for years.

They would certainly have a hard time opening up cap space for another max player which is what he would need to even think about competing with the Warriors.

Meanwhile, the Lakers will in turn go balls in on PG, Lebron, Cousins, etc. Expect them not to have any cap space to do much else either.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The intriguing part of the Clippers is that he asked to go to the Lakers. You could trade him instead to the Clips. It's LA. Same home court. Clips are very cash strung and if the Spurs signed hand traded him under a max contract whilst taking their 12 and 13 picks AND Harris, you would effectively be blocking that team from getting substantially better for years.

They would certainly have a hard time opening up cap space for another max player which is what he would need to even think about competing with the Warriors.

Meanwhile, the Lakers will in turn go balls in on PG, Lebron, Cousins, etc. Expect them not to have any cap space to do much else either.
    Wow, you're mean...but I like how you think. Just remind me never to argue with you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I will also use the Shaq trade analogy.
    Caron "tough juice" Butler was the "Jaylen Brown" of the Heat and Horford is the "Odom" ...while tatum as the potential to be Wade.
    Both Horford and Brown are better players right now than tatum but Tatum is teh better prospect.
    Like with wade rumors are ainge like Riley says Wade Tatum is the only "untouchable" ...

screw that. you have the star got to get their best young prospect in return, period. Just you saying that Tatum has more upside means he HAS to be included.
    Dont make the same mistake the Lakers did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love and eight pushes the market up, which is even better for SA. Lowest I take from Boston is Hayward, Brown and the SAC pick for Kawhi and Gasol.
    That is actually a pretty good trade, certainly better than the Brown, Rozier, Morris and Kings pick one.

Hayward is barely 28 and despite coming off a gruesome injury should be relatively healthy going into next season. He isn't nearly as good as Kawhi but is still an all-star. Pairing him with Aldridge for at least the next two seasons probably keeps the Spurs relevant as a playoff team and moving on from Gasol allows for the Spurs to possibly play Aldridge exclusively at the 5 with more shooting around him.

Brown and Murray can progressively grow into bigger roles and hopefully the Kings pick (probably 4-8) can net the Spurs a star.

Thread Information