This crafty is so underrated, tbh.

His role in Madrid CL dynasty should be more appreciated. He and the Kroos signing are easily Florentino Perez's best moves in the last decade.
    Last edited by spursistan; 06-21-2018 at 03:52 PM.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    He played against nobodies so far, tbh

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    And yet manzukic was the player of the game vs Argetina

Dude toyed with argie defnders.

Croatia is stacked

My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count
    still nuts that tottenham had modric and bale and didnt win

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Criminally underrated

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Amazing how stacked RMAO's squad is.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    And yet manzukic was the player of the game vs Argetina

Dude toyed with argie defnders.

Croatia is stacked
    What'd Man it do besides miss the header from point blank?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I've been telling people for years that Modric is the .

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Mexico did eliminate Modric's Croatia squad in the last World Cup.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Mexico did eliminate Modric's Croatia squad in the last World Cup.
    You caught them on a right day. It helped that Croatia's WC momentum was already quelled by their hard-fought opening loss to Brazil while Mexico was already on a win.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    You caught them on a right day. It helped that Croatia's WC momentum was already quelled by their hard-fought opening loss to Brazil while Mexico was already on a win.
    You know, at some point you have to just accept the fact that Mexico is consistently a top 16 world footballing power. Knock on wood but they haven't failed to get out of the World Cup group stage since 1982 (when they failed to qualify). Despite being banned in 1990 - Hugo Sanchez was at the height of his powers - they were still a legit force given that they were runner ups a couple of years later in the 1992 Copa America.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    You know, at some point you have to just accept the fact that Mexico is consistently a top 16 world footballing power. Knock on wood but they haven't failed to get out of the World Cup group stage since 1982 (when they failed to qualify). Despite being banned in 1990 - Hugo Sanchez was at the height of his powers - they were still a legit force given that they were runner ups a couple of years later in the 1992 Copa America.
    Yea, Mexico tends to be a threat to get out of the group stage. My point is that they got extra lucky with catching Croatia at the right time. Frankly, that's the kind of breaks Mexico tends to get in the group stage to have that streak running.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Yea, Mexico tends to be a threat to get out of the group stage. My point is that they got extra lucky with catching Croatia at the right time. Frankly, that's the kind of breaks Mexico tends to get in the group stage to have that streak running.
    Mexico also beat Croatia at the 2002 World Cup.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Mexico also beat Croatia at the 2002 World Cup.
    USA beat Mexico at the 2002 World Cup.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    USA beat Mexico at the 2002 World Cup.
    US Mens Soccer didn’t even qualify for THIS World Cup - you have no high ground here. Even Donovan is wearing Mexico’s jersey.

USA is not even better than Panama

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    US Mens Soccer didn’t even qualify for THIS World Cup - you have no high ground here. Even Donovan is wearing Mexico’s jersey.
    It wasn't about high ground; it was about the fallibility of your argument. Though I'd say that the US dos a cero'ing Mexico all those times, including in the 02 knockout round, is maybe a bit of high ground.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    USA is not even better than Panama
    More fake news.

The penultimate WCQ:

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Cos the Mexican Federation is paying him a lot of money to be their cheerleader.

More fake news.

The penultimate WCQ:

Panama is in the world Cup.

USA lost to ing tobago and is at home eating hot dogs.

Panama>USA

Madrid CL dynasty core (Ronaldo, Modric, Kroos) clutching it up and carrying their teams per par..

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    It wasn't about high ground; it was about the fallibility of your argument. Though I'd say that the US dos a cero'ing Mexico all those times, including in the 02 knockout round, is maybe a bit of high ground.
    No, you deliberately skirted the point altogether because it didn't suit your own narrative.

You basically said that Mexico was lucky to beat Croatia. Mexico DOMINATED that game with a convincing 3-1 score. All the smack and shade the Croatians threw at the Mexican players was for naught and they had to eat the bitterness of their crow.

Your, "it was luck" argument was made in an attempt to discredit Mexican football as you have been doing for the past several years under your username.

My original point was that Mexico is consistently a Top 16 team as proven by World Cup performance. They have proven that by making it out of every World Cup group phase for the past 30 years, with some teams being stronger than others... but to you this is all luck not quality. They have a strong chance to make it out of the group stage yet again, by playing a brand of football they're not normally associated with (counter-attack). Either way, your argument was nothing but a strawman deflection.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 06-23-2018 at 09:23 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    No, you deliberately skirted the point altogether because it didn't suit your own narrative.

You basically said that Mexico was lucky to beat Croatia. Mexico DOMINATED that game with a convincing 3-1 score. All the smack and shade the Croatians threw at the Mexican players was for naught and they had to eat the bitterness of their crow.

Your, "it was luck" argument was made in an attempt to discredit Mexican football as you have been doing for the past several years under your username.

My original point was that Mexico is consistently a Top 16 team as proven by World Cup performance. They have proven that by making it out of every World Cup group phase for the past 30 years, with some teams being stronger than others... but to you this is all luck not quality. They have a strong chance to make it out of the group stage yet again, by playing a brand of football they're not normally associated with (counter-attack). Either way, your argument was nothing but a strawman deflection.
    Momentum, son. If Mexico had drawn Brazil in the first game, things could've been very different. And like I said, Croatia just had bad breaks. But if we have to make this about Mexico being so good, then do you remember how they even got there? The US had to save your asses long before that; even your own announcer dressing the entire Mexican team down while heaping praise to Los Estados Unidos

"The US are better than us. They even have the luxury of playing their subs and keeping us alive."

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    More deflection.... SMDH. Your ego is too damn big for you to admit it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    More deflection.... SMDH. Your ego is too damn big for you to admit it.
    Maybe. But my point is that I simply don't see Mexico as a superior team (except maybe at home), and I never have. They've gotten a lot of good breaks, and they certainly tend to be formidable and have a strong soccer culture that lends itself to reaching the Round of 16 more often than not.

Thread Information