Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Drug/alcohol use is UP. Suicide rate is UP. Debt is UP.

The future is a subtle foundation of religion. Parents need a teammate before internet and social pressure takes over. Society needs an anchor of morality. Adds respect and integrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Winehole23; 08-17-2018 at 04:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pizzagate? nope, it was religious leaders.

at the very tip top.
    it's perfectly insidious. the church protected abusers.

the beef is legit.

the attempt to hide shame made it even worse.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    it's perfectly insidious. the church protected abusers.

the beef is legit.

the attempt to hide shame made it even worse.
    Ah. There is poor quality pizza being droned all over our country right now and this is your sick reaction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not sick to mention that pedophile priests were protected by their superiors, it's known to a legal certainty and not just here in the USA.

I'lll teach u to be happy StinkyWeezleteats's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to work in a small town and it amazes me how they still live in the past as far as technology, managerial styles, and just personalities in general. What was the common denominator with each "higher up" that worked there? They are all hardcore Baptists. The company is failing, people are leaving left and right, and they just do not understand why. They have interest in new ideas that go against what "worked in the past", but obviously is not working anymore. My point to all of this is yet another example of how religion brings any free-thinking or progress to a screeching halt. Religion is a way to control the masses in the name of God which, to me, is the biggest scandal in the history of humanity. It's 2018 people. Wake up and stop blindly following scam artists and pedos that hide behind that robe and God.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    well, ok then

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s a way to control the masses it’s not working very well.

Some of the largest reform movements in history against governments, despots, kings have come from religious groups. And when religion colluded with the government (Catholic Church and various popes, Rome, on and on...) the results have been fairly disastrous.

That controlling idea on a worldwide scale thru history is fairly simplistic. Especially if religious choice has been optional. Now when you get church/state getting too close, that’s has proven to be very toxic imo. Conservatives in this country don’t seem to fully understand the push back against getting religion involved with government and schools. Need a history lesson. It is interesting to me that Protestants especially, feel under attack when the origins of the Protestant movement particularly involved the graft and collusion between church and state. That is a dangerous road.

Jim Jones type stuff is gonna happen. Religion is easy to blame. Some people are just lost and wanna feel a part of something. Making friends with other outcasts and Drugs can also do the trick. Lots of roads to take.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clammer.

I have written my usual expertly crafted piece. Full of bad punctuation, repe ive and otherwise unintelligible.
    Please give her a read.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    interesting perspective. I'm from ulster. imagine what i think about religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That said, the Lifetime testimonial tape with the piano music was tone deaf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christian Churches are the most consistent in helping really horrible situations in foreign countries imo. They may go to evangelize as well, but who the cares if they bring food, water and medicine.
    That kinda sucks.

Seems like sitting through a time share presentation just to survive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s a way to control the masses it’s not working very well.

Some of the largest reform movements in history against governments, despots, kings have come from religious groups. And when religion colluded with the government (Catholic Church and various popes, Rome, on and on...) the results have been fairly disastrous.

That controlling idea on a worldwide scale thru history is fairly simplistic. Especially if religious choice has been optional. Now when you get church/state getting too close, that’s has proven to be very toxic imo. Conservatives in this country don’t seem to fully understand the push back against getting religion involved with government and schools. Need a history lesson. It is interesting to me that Protestants especially, feel under attack when the origins of the Protestant movement particularly involved the graft and collusion between church and state. That is a dangerous road.

Jim Jones type stuff is gonna happen. Religion is easy to blame. Some people are just lost and wanna feel a part of something. Making friends with other outcasts and Drugs can also do the trick. Lots of roads to take.
    Agree with the bolded part.

The controlling part I was referring to were the actual religious people, mainly conservative Christians, being controlled. They make up the majority of the U.S. population, so how is that not the masses? Yes, I know Christian guy reading my post, not all of you are like that.

So if I am not a religious person I am a drug addict outcast that just "wants to be a part of something" so I will choose to bash religion? Why do we need labels? That's exactly what organized religion is about, labels. If you don't agree with me then you're an outcast or drug addict. Come on...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but religion isn't required to do any of that. There is nothing that organized religion can do, that can't be done without it.

Bring a group of like minded people together to share and experience worship?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to work in a small town and it amazes me how they still live in the past as far as technology, managerial styles, and just personalities in general. What was the common denominator with each "higher up" that worked there? They are all hardcore Baptists. The company is failing, people are leaving left and right, and they just do not understand why. They have interest in new ideas that go against what "worked in the past", but obviously is not working anymore. My point to all of this is yet another example of how religion brings any free-thinking or progress to a screeching halt. Religion is a way to control the masses in the name of God which, to me, is the biggest scandal in the history of humanity. It's 2018 people. Wake up and stop blindly following scam artists and pedos that hide behind that robe and God.

What a fresh take. I've never heard that before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not religion per se, it's the ability to hide in a forgiving system where people are taught to ignore their internal warning system. This is where child predators hide because they can and because parents are bound by divine edict to entrust the safety of their children with random individuals. I don't think that's a religious issue, I believe that's a problem of human frailty. We will always find some reason to look for comfort in large groups of people even if they're moving in the direction that doesn't really make any sense to us.

There's also the problem of organizations of any type that have a vested interest in remaining viable hiding infractions to save the group. the Catholic church is one of the most guilty of this and have been probably for centuries. Of course it happens in police departments, workplaces, the military and just about everywhere. People cover their own asses and religious groups seem particularly prone to isolationism.

With all that said, there is a huge huge issue with grown ing people believing in invisible overlords. To do so in a role-playing game is one thing, but people do it in their life and they make life and death decisions for them and others around them. That's a big ing issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a fresh take. Never heard that one before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by RandomGuy
    but religion isn't required to do any of that. There is nothing that organized religion can do, that can't be done without it.

Why do we need to be a part of an organized religion to do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet you have a contradictory position and that you believe morality is absolute. We could get into how that's even possible without a standard but we've been down that path before and you eventually fall back on your opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by RandomGuy

Why do we need to be a part of an organized religion to do that?
    Either way you have religion. It's either organized or disorganized. So you have a bunch of people show up to worship, some of them are worshiping Allah some of them worshiping God some of them are worshipping Vishnu some of them are burning incense out of your asshole to Buddha. I don't think that's going to work very well. You can't cross the streams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drug/alcohol use is UP. Suicide rate is UP. Debt is UP.

The future is a subtle foundation of religion. Parents need a teammate before internet and social pressure takes over. Society needs an anchor of morality. Adds respect and integrity.
    So then we might as well just make up some bull and go with that. Believing something that isn't true doesn't solve The Riddles of life.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Religion is as much of a problem as neo-liberalism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religion is as much of a problem as neo-liberalism
    Probably not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way you have religion. It's either organized or disorganized. So you have a bunch of people show up to worship, some of them are worshiping Allah some of them worshiping God some of them are worshipping Vishnu some of them are burning incense out of your asshole to Buddha. I don't think that's going to work very well. You can't cross the streams.
    And that's fine, have religion. By all means go worship whatever you believe in. My problem is all the other s*it that comes along with it; the narrow-mindedness, the ignorance, the holier than though at ude, and worst of all the hypocrisy. Again, I know this is not everyone, but I rarely meet a religious person that does not fall in one or all of these categories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then we might as well just make up some bull and go with that. Believing something that isn't true doesn't solve The Riddles of life.
    It's simple and easy. It requires little or not thought. Why is this the way it is? Hmmm idk so I will just say God instead of opening a book and learning something.

Thread Information