My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    In a post game presser that was more about feeling out the crowd than actually saying anything meaningful, Kawhi Leonard met his career average of using "just" before every sentence, logging 12 in a few seconds. After the comments Kawhi was seen in the locker room putting together a Mr Potato Head and smiling.

"To continue to overuse a word like that, at his age, it really talks to his professionalism, his demeanor on and off the court and his skillset" said Nick Nurse. Nurse was promoted to head coach after Coach of the Year winner Dwane Casey was fired after having a record season but losing by sweep in the second round to the Cavaliers. "We hope Kawhi feels comfortable enough here to keep showing how uncomfortable he is, but we're about winning and we have our sights set on winning it all, not just competing" said Nurse. "I have all of the canned phrases memorized and have a long list of excuses for losing games we should win, including pla udes for the other team and commitments to right the ship at least twice this season. We'll see if I get to use them this year, but I'll be ready... we will be ready"

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard missed last year, in basketball that's death as it's a momentum sport. He can't go back out there day 1 like Marshawn Lynch and still be good again. His mechanics were never star level when he was with the Spurs, his offensive game was downright ugly most of the time, and he did make plays on defense but he was more safety (off-ball) than corner (man-to-man) so I think he's overrated on that end as well, definitely no Bowen (the GOAT man-to-man defender).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard missed last year, in basketball that's death as it's a momentum sport. He can't go back out there day 1 like Marshawn Lynch and still be good again. His mechanics were never star level when he was with the Spurs, his offensive game was downright ugly most of the time, and he did make plays on defense but he was more safety (off-ball) than corner (man-to-man) so I think he's overrated on that end as well, definitely no Bowen (the GOAT man-to-man defender).

I would love to see Kawhi's career fall of a cliff but there have been guys who comeback before after not playing basketball for a year. I remember Sprewell coming back after a year long suspension to help the Knicks get to the finals in '99. Artest cameback and played at the same level after his 1 year suspension.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rest and recovery is always the athlete's best friend. Timing and conditioning is what hurts, however that can come back as long as there are no underlying injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andrew going full re in the second post

you still unemployed you piece of ? Or you find a nice help desk job that you are overqualified for?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andrew going full re in the second post

you still unemployed you piece of ? Or you find a nice help desk job that you are overqualified for?
    Thank you. Dude is the biggest fraud on this board by default since Avante got sent to the slaughterhouse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see Kawhi's career fall of a cliff but there have been guys who comeback before after not playing basketball for a year. I remember Sprewell coming back after a year long suspension to help the Knicks get to the finals in '99. Artest cameback and played at the same level after his 1 year suspension.
    We don't even need to go that far back. How about Paul George, the guy whose entire leg snapped in half like a twig?

, Durant missed a full season with the Thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi looks like kirby in his last loyalty contract period...fkn playing on one leg with no lift, yet still chucks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi looks like kirby in his last loyalty contract period...fkn playing on one leg with no lift, yet still chucks
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can avoid the Bucks and the Celtics in the early rounds then they can make it to the conference finals. But I think another second round exit is most probable for them.

Thread Information