Page 93 of 491 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One? You're "a fun guy"

Again, Lowry might not even be top 5 in terms of the Raptors best players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he is a top 5 player
    Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like it or not Kawhi is still a top 5 player and in the mvp discussion (although giannis is my mvp pick) his team still has the best record and they're able to win games when he doesn't play. That's great for Kawhi tbh. But I can also see why some are still salty
    When the did I ever question that?

Dude, do you even know that I called Kawhi the best player in the World, this season? (Not that I actually mean it, but I did say it, tbh).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Nurse's mom died yesterday. I bet the mood in the locker room isn't very festive.

But I also love how Kawhi hates media.

I remember when they asked him about family's hugs??? before a game...He told them "This what we talking about??"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL2 bought a house in Toronto, but his baby mama and toddler daughter aren't living in it, they stayed in SD. Would you like to live this way if you were a millionaire? Especially with his personality who doesn't prefer a huge social circle and likes to kick it better with the few people that already know him quite well.
    Heh I didn’t know that about the baby mama. Plot thickens.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...vin-durant-nba

The Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors play Wednesday night (ESPN, 10:30 ET) in a game this is sure to be closely watched ... by the LA Clippers.

The Clippers, it seems, closely watch every Raptors and Warriors game this season. Even though they are having a terrific season of their own -- experiencing the rare joy of expectation-free success in the NBA -- the Clippers are rather transparently obsessed with chasing Kawhi Leonard and Kevin Durant in free agency next summer.

It's clear on their books. They've cleared a path to open two max salary slots.

It's clear in their actions. They've been treating the two like college recruits and sending executives just to watch numerous Warriors and Raptors games so they're visible.

It's clear in their hiring. They've brought on NBA legend Jerry West and respected journalist Lee Jenkins to the front office in an effort to prepare a grand slam pitch when the time is right.

But even by these modern standards, the Clippers' pursuit is still a little revolutionary. Raptors officials have noticed a Clippers employee at roughly 75 percent of the team's games thus far this season. That has included president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank, which is rare. Presidents and general managers are almost never seen attending a game that doesn't involve their teams.

Ballmer's vision is to land Leonard or Durant -- or both, as long as they're swinging for the fences -- and then ride them to glory and a new arena in Inglewood that could turn the Clippers into one of the premier franchises in the league.

Could any of this actually happen? Don't know. But boy are the Clippers really trying to find out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I think he told his immediate family to wait the year out and see what contracts and team mates come his way before committing to which city he'll be raising his kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I think he told his immediate family to wait the year out and see what contracts and team mates come his way before committing to which city he'll be raising his kid.
    Well that leaves the option open that he will stay in the Raptors and frankly can’t specu there bc I don’t watch him as frequently as I used to and Kawhi is very hard to read even if you do. Just an interesting development. I still think he wants to leave for LA, but every star wants to be courted etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ill go with Lebron(If lakers continue to win) or curry..
    Giannis has been unreal this season. But you could be right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The relationship is strong, they're still together. His girl is on Toronto some weeks, goes to home games but she doesn't like the city/the weather and is living with her family in SD.
    Knowing the way Kawhi loves his daugther, the distance is killing him. It could be a big factor in his offseason-making decision.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the did I ever question that?

Dude, do you even know that I called Kawhi the best player in the World, this season? (Not that I actually mean it, but I did say it, tbh).
    Confusing af

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The relationship is strong, they're still together. His girl is on Toronto some weeks, goes to home games but she doesn't like the city/the weather and is living with her family in SD.
    Knowing the way Kawhi loves his daugther, the distance is killing him. It could be a big factor in his offseason-making decision.
    Yup. Jerry West in his office rubbing his hands together. Ujiri knows it too. this coming off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...vin-durant-nba
    "But even by these modern standards, the Clippers' pursuit is still a little revolutionary. Raptors officials have noticed a Clippers employee at roughly 75 percent of the team's games thus far this season. That has included president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank, which is rare. Presidents and general managers are almost never seen attending a game that doesn't involve their teams.
    Wow. Clippers in full recruitment mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Jerry West in his office rubbing his hands together. Ujiri knows it too. this coming off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His handles aren't great imo, that's a pretty simple dribble/crossover tbh. Maybe that's due to his hand size, but his handles were never really great. He used em' just enough to get to his spots though, and obviously he was able to efficiently.

It's more than that. Many people noticed it.

"The result of Leonard's hard work during the offseason is clear every night. After a lost year in which he only appeared in nine games, Leonard has not only re-inserted himself into MVP and “best player alive” debates, but has also emerged in his first year with the Raptors as arguably the best ball-handler at his position. Plays like the one seen below are already typical"

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...to-his-success

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis is the mvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    make a game thread at Raptors forum so we can all sleep well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis has been unreal this season. But you could be right

The bucks should get atleast 55 wins for giannis to win the mvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Raptors team is the deepest team since 2014's Spurs. Kawhi has been lucky to always play in such stacked teams, tbh.
    yes, after curry and durant (these yes, the luckiest stars of the decade, Durant made his own luck obviously), he is the superstar who has been in better teams

x1000 and it's not even close when you analyze the rosters

I guess MVP was never his goal this season.

He played just 9 games last season. I would bet his priorities this season are:

-just keeps his quad healthy

-shows some great performances to remember people his top 3-5 status

-gets a big contract next summer.
    bold text is probably the main priority (as should)

Jerry West playing chess as always (probably the biggest basketball mind ever)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was always going to get a big contract in the summer anyway....even if he didnt play at 100% this year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Believe it or not, I don't read Raptors forums. I don't even have an account on other sites. Don't have time to read other sites just ST.

I always liked Kawhi's game. Just because he's on other team I have to stop watching him?

He's a legit top 3-5 player in this league, I find very stupid to try to deny it. More after watching his last 6 games.

Suddenly I have to dislike his game when I love to watch him play? I enjoy to watch great players on court.

It's funny how people here deny talent, deny the fact they enjoy to watch him play too

Last week, his game vs GSW esp the first half was one of the players' best performances on both ends. Just a pleasure to watch.
    No one is telling you to stop watching him or to deny his talent. Are you that delusional? It's just the fact that you post about a non-Spurs player on a Spurs forum in basically every thread. You don't post about anything else but him. And we are the ones in denial? Why are you even here? Why don't you post in the Raptors forum? Are you expecting Spurs fans to simply change their stance on someone who did their team dirty? These are just illogical things that aren't getting through your head... You're fighting a pointless battle and wasting your time and everybody's time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a top 3-5 in the league - fact
    Kawhi is playing for a very deep talented roster - fact
    Kawhi is injury prone and a - fact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At last night's Raptors game:

Reporter to Kawhi -- "Merry Christmas. Can you talk about your favorite Christmas moment?"

Kawhi -- "Uh, not right now."

I don't care what else happens today, more stock market crash, trouble in the Middle East, another government shutdown -- my day is made!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Clippers in full recruitment mode.
    Jerry definitely "gets coffee", since he's a "closer". He spirited Shaq away from an EC NBA Finals team, and got Durant to GS.

Pop gets the Mafia Don award, though, for trading Kawhi to a team he likely will not re-sign with, thereby costing him ANOTHER $40M. Steal $19M from us? How that ass taste, #2?

Thread Information