Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Ted Cruz loses his TX Senate race in an upset.
    [crossfingers]There's hope, more than in January at least.[/crossfingers]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [crossfingers]There's hope, more than in January at least.[/crossfingers]
    I would point out that Texas voted +5 for Trump, meaning the state would fall within the "wave".

Don't see it this time, but EVERYBODY I have talked to in the party at all levels, has emphasized continuing to build for 2020, which will be another referendum on Trump, regardless of whether he makes it the full 4 anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The year started really bad for Dems tbqh

Trump is closer to reelection than anytime in the last 12 months

Their spinelessness on immigration and conversion to a neocon party will be their undoing
    Spot on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Republican gains in midterms?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guess it's time to look back at some of these. mixed results, mostly wrong

Agreed with much of the above:

Trump won't be impeached but will continue to make an ass of himself on a daily basis

House Democrats who are desperate for attention will continue to waste time and resources drafting articles of impeachment that go nowhere

Republicans will still hold majorities in both chambers of Congress

Rollbacks on environmental regulation lead to short term economic gains that increase republican popularity (like children eating candy for dinner tbh)

Mueller's probe won't implicate Trump himself

Democrats won't budge on the DACA/wall deal... but mainly to take a principled stance against the "racist wall" rather than criticizing the wall as an economic burden

We will see a surge in medical bankruptcies

SCOTUS will uphold Trump's travel ban on a 5-4 vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John McCain suc bs to cancer

George H.W. passes away

Trump orders a military strike on N Korea which he announces on twitter. The next morning, a spokesman announces that his twitter was hacked and the strike is called off. A full investigation begins. Kim Jong-un arms a nuclear missle and announces that it is one press of a button away, but tensions cool and he never does.

The stock market cools off after a ridiculous 2017

There will be some type of bombing or shooting at the 2018 World Cup in Russia

As is always the case with politics, lots of tough talk will take place with very little action
    Pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 401k earns 6 figures again.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    damn I killed everyone, including my IRA

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Trump finds a way to fire Mueller and the GOP congress does nothing but make a few toothless complaints to the media.
    2. Democrats will take the house narrowly by running on impeachment of the Dear Leader.
    3. The GOP picks up a couple of senate seats thanks to their hugely favorable map for 2018 unless GOP primary voters keep picking Bannon's guys.
    4. There will be a government shutdown over the border wall.
    5. Lindsay Graham will get caught on cellphone video blowing someone but will go to gay camp and all will be well again.
    Nailed #3 and #4. Was off on #2. Video never released on #5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - GOP retains control of the House, but Dems retake Senate.

- Dems eventually figure out that the best weapon against Trump is not fake outrage or investigations, but Trump himself.

- Shillary continues to take any Dems gains as her own, further tarnishing the Dems brand.

- Once the GOP feels like they’re losing some grip on their base/population at large, we’ll declare a war against <pick your posion here>

- Deficits will continue not mattering, until Dems regain any sort of power, then it’ll be the typical ‘think about our children’s future

- Nothing really changes socially, winners remain winners, losers remain losers.
    I don’t think I hit too many, tbh, own that.

Some solid predictions ITT overall though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Corporate tax breaks will by and large be spent on stock buy-backs, inflating stock prices but doing little to stimulate job growth. Trump supporters with jobs will continue to tout the stock market as a sign of economic growth but support among rural Trump voters declines as their towns continue to waste away.

- Jeff Sessions resigns as AG or dies.

- Ted Cruz loses his TX Senate race in an upset.

- President Donald Trump announces on Twitter that he will no longer use Twitter. Returns one week later to respond to unflattering CNN story.

- Celebrity deaths: Willie Nelson, Jack Nicholson, William Shatner, Bob Barker, James Franco

- Celebrity sexual assault scandals: Sean Hannity, Rob Gronkowski, Al Sharpton, Tommy Wiseau, James Franco
    I thought for sure I'd hit on a couple of deaths or scandals. But I'm glad Willie made it another year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 401k earns 6 figures again.
    Well I mean you a total baller so this was a foregone conclusion.

Should try a harder one next year like pegging the exact # of Abigail Ratchford level babes you gonna bang in 2019 or something. like 50 ill bet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Bitcoin bubble will pop in notorios fashion, value will drop below $2000 ($14k as of this writing)

- There will be at least two catastrophes tied to Trump's much-ballyhooed de-regulation (probably environmental and financial)

- The Zionist en y will unleash one of the world's most advanced military on a defenseless civilian population, death toll will be at least 20-1 Palestinian to Zionist. Bonus: Trump will use the phrase "mow the lawn" when it happens
    1. Bitcoin dropped from 14k to 3.8k
    2. I'll double-down for 2019, especially after the bank deregulation earlier this year
    3. 289 Palestinians dead, 14 from the Zionist en y (20.6-1)

Thread Information