Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lusting for sixteen year old babysitters is pretty disgusting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lusting for sixteen year old babysitters is pretty disgusting.
    I agree. It's not my thing now and was more aspirational than serious when I was ten,

When I was sixteen, totally different story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the teenybop motif in pop culture is skeevy and prevalent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read crazydaysandnights for entertainment from time to time. It's "Hollywood" focused, with major emphasis on the broader pop culture; anonymous gossip offered in blinded form. When politicians appear, it's usually connected somehow to the entertainment world.

Men having sex with underage teens is essentially tabooed now, but the teenybop theme has been a mass culture staple for ages and seemed frankly normative in the 1970s-- me and KISS wanted the same sixteen year old babysitter, the main difference was I was ten years old when "Christine Sixteen" came out, the guys n KISS were pushing thirty.

Then and now, unashamed participation in socially forbidden activities signifies privilege. What are money and power for, if you can't break the rules with impunity?
    She'd been around by then, but was still young and clean. Wonder if she was Filipino.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. It's not my thing now and was more aspirational than serious when I was ten,

When I was sixteen, totally different story.
    Yet pop culture, movies and music were centered around that very idea. Tom Cruise's character "Joel" was a HS kid when he made out with Rebecca in Risky Business. "Hot Child in the City" was about a very young girl, no one knows how young, but somehow the younger they could make her image the hotter the listener thought her to be. Rod Stewart's "Tonight's the Night" mentions his "virgin child". Blue Lagoon was a study in Hollywood fascination with child sex.

It's amusing how they pretend to shy away from it now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't generations of people gotten married at 16? Or much younger than now? It's the more later generations that are taking longer to assume adulthood responsibilities and leaving their parents.

Thread Information