Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Struggle didn't complete that pass, though. One ing yard, Super Bowl on the line, and he gagged in historic fashion. Stop playing the "what-if" game to prop up Struggle and join the rest of us in the real world.
    he choked in that spot, tbh. he's too young to say it defines his career though

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Struggle didn't complete that pass, though. One ing yard, Super Bowl on the line, and he gagged in historic fashion. Stop playing the "what-if" game to prop up Struggle and join the rest of us in the real world.
    You mean that real world that understands we never see any third year QB win two SB's, that one? So you just turn off/ignore all those like myself talking about how for a young QB he's great.....right? Why?

I'll try again...

So we kick Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr out of HOF because they played on great teams? Compare their stats to RW's.

You mean that real world that understands we never see any third year QB win two SB's, that one? So you just turn off/ignore all those like myself talking about how for a young QB he's great.....right? Why?

I'll try again...

So we kick Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr out of HOF because they played on great teams? Compare their stats to RW's.
    RW has inflated stats. Time will prove that he's an average QB.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    RW has inflated stats. Time will prove that he's an average QB.
    His statistics this season were already middle of the pack, not anything special. 15th in passing yards, 20th in completion percentage, 10th in passer rating

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...s/seasontype/2

Avante's flaw in logic is that he compares RW's first 3 season's stats to great QBs who played their first 3 years with a completely different set of rules as far as passing the ball goes. He also credits RW's mediocre individual contributions to the overall team's success.

His statistics this season were already middle of the pack, not anything special. 15th in passing yards, 20th in completion percentage, 10th in passer rating

Avante's flaw in logic is that he compares RW's first 3 season's stats to great QBs who played their first 3 years with a completely different set of rules as far as passing the ball goes. He also credits RW's mediocre individual contributions to the overall team's success.
    "Avante's flaw in logic" LOL. "flaw"...in the singular.

But yeah...you're on point as to his comments regarding RW.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Who stepped off the plane and took right off like this guy, well? Who has played in more games, who has won more games? Who has done more things never seen before?

Nobody has been more durable or won more, what else is there?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "Avante's flaw in logic" LOL. "flaw"...in the singular.

But yeah...you're on point as to his comments regarding RW.
    Who has done it better after just three seasons? Save the....well if...ok? Stick to what we have actually seen.

If Usian Bolt were 5-5 instead of 6-5...................

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    And, again, he ignores that the vast majority of rookie starting QB's are drafted by awful teams with little to no help around them, which is why they're not immediately winning Super Bowls in their first three years.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And, again, he ignores that the vast majority of rookie starting QB's are drafted by awful teams with little to no help around them, which is why they're not immediately winning Super Bowls in their first three years.
    The Seahawks were 7-9 and 7-9 the two seasons before RW showed up. Once again, why do you even bother?

So, he has to be drafted by a really bad team, he should make receivers look like all pros, he can't have a stud back or defense,....hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

How many QB's step up as a rookie and become the winningest QB ever at their stage of a career, well?

How did I know back before he was drafted (obviously not knowing what team) that he would be special? And here he is ding things never seen before. How did I know this without knowing where he was headed?
    Last edited by Avante; 02-03-2015 at 04:00 PM.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Who stepped off the plane and took right off like this guy, well? Who has played in more games, who has won more games? Who has done more things never seen before?

Nobody has been more durable or won more, what else is there?
    As I just mentioned, wins are team accomplishments. I'm looking at raw statistics which show that he is a middle of the pack QB. And comparing his stats in today's NFL with elite QB's stats in their first 3 years is like comparing apples and oranges due to the changes in rules.

Why does a QB need to depend on so many late comebacks when he has the #1 defense in the NFL and one of the best of all time? A good QB would almost always have a comfortable lead in the 4th quarter with one of the best defenses of all time.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    Plus most of the QBs considered to be good are drafted onto historically "bad" teams, where the teams are just not that good from a player statnd point all the way up through ownsership. RW got drafted into a perfect situation that allowed him to put up the kind of numbers he has. If RW had been drafted by the Browns, Colts, Vikings, Bucs, and or Cardinals in that year his career might (most likely) would of had a very different trajectory.

Right now RW is on his rookie contract making 600K, lets see how good he is when he is making 14-16 mil and there are even less good players around him. Time will tell if he is as good as Avante thinks. He has a good start to his career, but it could have been very different had another team drafted him.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    As I just mentioned, wins are team accomplishments. I'm looking at raw statistics which show that he is a middle of the pack QB. And comparing his stats in today's NFL with elite QB's stats in their first 3 years is like comparing apples and oranges due to the changes in rules.

Why does a QB need to depend on so many late comebacks when he has the #1 defense in the NFL and one of the best of all time? A good QB would almost always have a comfortable lead in the 4th quarter with one of the best defenses of all time.
    So if wins are team accomplishments, then so are losses, right? So how come it's...RW choked?

The guy is having the best three seasons we have ever seen any QB have, there is no debate about that. His stats, accomplishments are second to none. He is a record breaker and doing things never done before.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Seahawks were 7-9 and 7-9 the two seasons before RW showed up.
    So? Just looking at the last few drafts:

The Colts were 3-13 before Peyton showed up and 2-14 before Luck showed up.
    The Eagles were 3-13 before McNabb showed up.
    The Bengals were 2-14 before Palmer showed up.
    The Giants were 4-12 before Eli showed up.
    The Chargers were 4-12 before Rivers showed up.
    The Falcons were 4-12 before Ryan showed up.
    The Lions were 0-16 before Stafford showed up.
    The Panthers were 2-14 before showed up.

7-9 is a huge upgrade over the situations that most notable rookie QB's are stepping into. Even then, guys like Roethlisberger and Flacco who were drafted into slightly more fortunate situations have always been given far more responsibilities than Struggle has ever had to deal with.

Face it, Old got, your boy has had it insanely easy to start his career, and despite that advantage, hasn't even been very impressive.

So if wins are team accomplishments, then so are losses, right? So how come it's...RW choked?

The guy is having the best three seasons we have ever seen any QB have, there is no debate about that. His stats, accomplishments are second to none. He is a record breaker and doing things never done before.
    the best three seasons determined by what? your opinion

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So? Just looking at the last few drafts:

The Colts were 3-13 before Peyton showed up and 2-14 before Luck showed up.
    The Eagles were 3-13 before McNabb showed up.
    The Bengals were 2-14 before Palmer showed up.
    The Giants were 4-12 before Eli showed up.
    The Chargers were 4-12 before Rivers showed up.
    The Falcons were 4-12 before Ryan showed up.
    The Panthers were 2-14 before showed up.

7-9 is a huge upgrade over the situations that most notable rookie QB's are stepping into. Even then, guys like Roethlisberger and Flacco who were drafted into slightly more fortunate situations have always been given far more responsibilities than Struggle has ever had to deal with.

Face it, Old got, your boy has had it insanely easy to start his career, and despite that advantage, hasn't even been very impressive.

A pro bowl, a Superbowl and a Superbowl isn't impressive?

Dummy, look at all those wins, all those GWD,s.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    the best three seasons determined by what? your opinion
    Give me the name of the QB who...

started more games
    won more games
    better passing rating
    better QBR
    better td/int ratio
    more playoff success

Go ahead see if you can find one.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'll try again

Give me the name of the QB who...

started more games
    won more games
    better passing rating
    better QBR
    better td/int ratio
    more playoff success

Go ahead see if you can find one.

I challenge anyone to find any third year QB who matchs what I mentioned above.

I find it comical at how hard some of you work to not see what the young guy is doing. Why not enjoy seeing something unique, different? Why the.....bah humbug.....bull ?

No Tom Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Montana etc started off better, Why continue to ignore that? We are witnessing history being made with RW and it appears I'm the only one who knows it.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-06-2015 at 10:49 PM.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Kaepernick started Super Bowl in his first 20 starts

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    `

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Look at the board, what QB's get all the attention, yep...Russell Wilson and Tom Brady.

I knew it would be this way, and if RW would have won it would be how he's the only................................

Why fight it so hard, the guy is the most exciting QB playing today, todays Fran Tarkenton, Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, but unlike them he is a SB winning QB.

And........he's only 26 years old.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    Look at the board, what QB's get all the attention, yep...Russell Wilson and Tom Brady.

I knew it would be this way, and if RW would have won it would be how he's the only................................

Why fight it so hard, the guy is the most exciting QB playing today, todays Fran Tarkenton, Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, but unlike them he is a SB winning QB.

And........he's only 26 years old.
    But he didn't. Love people that live in if, but, except..... Just means they try to justify a postion that didn't happen for their own sense of self-validation. Sad really.

And if he doesn't get to the Super Bowl next year all he will be in the same realm as Kurt Warner to start a career, except RW won't have a SB MVP trophy.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Honestly?

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    A

Thread Information