Page 129 of 377 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 9409
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man stop it. Jist play bloodbrone or sekiro
    i have enough of a library where i dont need to play games i dont even have yet.

still have horizon, metal gear solid 5, fallout 4, a couple more uncharted games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horizon...hnnnnng.

Objectively GOW is a better game. But Horizon is one of the est gaming experience ever.

I enjoyed it more than GOW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, i jumped into horizon. Still in the tutorial stage. Game definitely looks big. Massive skill tree, crafting system, etc.

gameplay/controls look like a weaker god of war but there seems to be more features and from what i understand its more of an open world than god of war was. It’s gonna be unfair comparing the two tbh but I’m sure it will be fun. Visually the games look quite similar.

I usually choose the default “hard setting” but given that there was an “ultra hard” setting i chose to go with “very hard”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, i jumped into horizon. Still in the tutorial stage. Game definitely looks big. Massive skill tree, crafting system, etc.

gameplay/controls look like a weaker god of war but there seems to be more features and from what i understand its more of an open world than god of war was. It’s gonna be unfair comparing the two tbh but I’m sure it will be fun. Visually the games look quite similar.

I usually choose the default “hard setting” but given that there was an “ultra hard” setting i chose to go with “very hard”
    Have fun. I like Horizon a lot better than GoW fwiw. I'm somebody who puts story over gameplay every time. And Horizon is a game that does both really well.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't really see it as a God of War style game. It strikes me more as a much better Far Cry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have fun. I like Horizon a lot better than GoW fwiw. I'm somebody who puts story over gameplay every time. And Horizon is a game that does both really well.
    Same.

I mean GOW is objectively a better game but Horizon has more potential specially with lore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aparently there are cheats in Sekiro you can use to aid in beating bosses.

It's going to be hard ignoring them given the choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really see it as a God of War style game. It strikes me more as a much better Far Cry.
    i never played far cry. horizon has unanimously great reviews, and How Long to Beat has it being significantly longer than God of War. closer to red dead 2. that scale gives a lot more room for lore and probably has a lot more side content (but its a quality vs quan y thing... god of war's side content was outstanding quality wise and none of them felt like petty fetch quests)

at least visually, this game looks a lot like god of war so far (facial expressions/motion capture dont look nearly as good, child aloy looks like she has downs tbh). i only played the intro tutorial though up until aloy became an adult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Downs Syndrome bad now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never played far cry. horizon has unanimously great reviews, and How Long to Beat has it being significantly longer than God of War. closer to red dead 2. that scale gives a lot more room for lore and probably has a lot more side content (but its a quality vs quan y thing... god of war's side content was outstanding quality wise and none of them felt like petty fetch quests)

at least visually, this game looks a lot like god of war so far (facial expressions/motion capture dont look nearly as good, child aloy looks like she has downs tbh). i only played the intro tutorial though up until aloy became an adult.
    I put 80 hours into it, but that was before the The Frozen Wilds DLC, while I put 97 hours into God of War.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got platinum in 64 hrs for HZD and around 67 for GOW.

They're practically the same size..

Lol ringed the bell in Sekiro and tried to fight a boss at higher difficulty. Bad bad choice.

I'll wait for NG+ before I start playing at the highest difficulty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting. i do like the skill tree setup in games (like horizon, god of war, spiderman) as opposed to full on RPG games where you have to carefully pick and choose your perks/abilities like fallout. maybe just cause i'm a noob who's scared of making decisions like that, but tbh i hate when im new at a game, so i have no feel for which abilities will/wont be useful, and make some poor decisions early on that i regret for the remaining 50+ hours of gameplay. after the tutorial you have 3 skill points. i chose the stealth kill, concentration (zoom + slow time when aiming), and hunters reflex (slows time while aiming and jumping/sliding).

then again, creating different builds gives replay value in theory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting. i do like the skill tree setup in games (like horizon, god of war, spiderman) as opposed to full on RPG games where you have to carefully pick and choose your perks/abilities like fallout. maybe just cause i'm a noob who's scared of making decisions like that, but tbh i hate when im new at a game, so i have no feel for which abilities will/wont be useful, and make some poor decisions early on that i regret for the remaining 50+ hours of gameplay. after the tutorial you have 3 skill points. i chose the stealth kill, concentration (zoom + slow time when aiming), and hunters reflex (slows time while aiming and jumping/sliding).

You're going to enjoy Horizon man.

Wish I can relive horizon again.

But yeah get the stealth skill. Pretty important early on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With games I am looking to platinum I usually go to playstation trophies to get an idea of how long it would take.

For example, persona 5 has an average of 100 hours to plat so I said no thanks despite the game having an otherwise easy difficulty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You'll max all three trees iirc. So it's just a matter of what you want first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With games I am looking to platinum I usually go to playstation trophies to get an idea of how long it would take.

For example, persona 5 has an average of 100 hours to plat so I said no thanks despite the game having an otherwise easy difficulty.
    There is no way you could platinum Persona 5 in 100 hours unless you're strictly following a guide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently back in the summer santa monica studios shared a graphic of user stats in God of War... among them was the Sigrun's kill/death ratio against players

give me a story - 12:1
    give me a balanced experience - 34:1
    give me a challenge - 36:1
    give me a god of war - 100:1

thats hilarious tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started playing sekiro with a friend over drinks and doobies, my buddy isn't much of a gamer, mostly skipped texts and we died a lot but made it to the horse guy... We must have missed a bunch of stuff because I can barely get his first hit point. Is there gear and skills and such to upgrade or am I just terrible at this
    Think I'll start a fresh game rather than continue, don't really understand the mechanics or story so far

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Started playing sekiro with a friend over drinks and doobies, my buddy isn't much of a gamer, mostly skipped texts and we died a lot but made it to the horse guy... We must have missed a bunch of stuff because I can barely get his first hit point. Is there gear and skills and such to upgrade or am I just terrible at this
    Think I'll start a fresh game rather than continue, don't really understand the mechanics or story so far
    im guessing you didnt pray at the first statue and travel to the estate then? the horse guy is one of the easier mini bosses. just parry his attacks, try to grapple towards him, and attack aggressively

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No didn't travel just kept going... I had assumed you couldn't parry his hits, think that's the clue I was missing, thx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No didn't travel just kept going... I had assumed you couldn't parry his hits, think that's the clue I was missing, thx
    If you see some weird japanese symbol, thats a sign its unblockeabke. Otherwise. Parry, parry, parry.

This game wants you to constantly be on action either blocking, or attacking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently back in the summer santa monica studios shared a graphic of user stats in God of War... among them was the Sigrun's kill/death ratio against players

thats hilarious tbh
    Sounds about right. I dont know if took me 36 tries though but i died alot. Enough that i stopped counting. Im guessing i died 20ish times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i played around for about 1-1.5 hours yesterday, basically doing 2 sidequests. maybe its a function of the difficulty, but the bow/arrow seem to be next to useless against anything besides the basic watchers. the striders are pretty docile and a heavy spear attack seems to em up pretty good.

but the third type, the "scrappers" in annihilate me in seemingly 1 hit, and even when i hit their weak spots with my bow, they're still alive, and then regular bow shots anywhere else do next to ing nothing.

to this point ive been getting around almost exclusively through stealth kills. hide in grass, whistle on over, stealth kill, rinse repeat. i hope its like god of war when in the beginning you're fairly underpowered early but improves later. either that or this difficulty is just a grind where they're damage sponges

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thats hilarious tbh
    LOL I wish 36:1; it was prob 60:1 for me. Though I did way better when I took your suggestion and went with the valkyrie waist and wrist and Sindri's plate for the chest and then set my upgrades to buff defense, runic, and cooldown. With the mist armor I was getting wrecked by that er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i played around for about 1-1.5 hours yesterday, basically doing 2 sidequests. maybe its a function of the difficulty, but the bow/arrow seem to be next to useless against anything besides the basic watchers. the striders are pretty docile and a heavy spear attack seems to em up pretty good.

but the third type, the "scrappers" in annihilate me in seemingly 1 hit, and even when i hit their weak spots with my bow, they're still alive, and then regular bow shots anywhere else do next to ing nothing.

to this point ive been getting around almost exclusively through stealth kills. hide in grass, whistle on over, stealth kill, rinse repeat. i hope its like god of war when in the beginning you're fairly underpowered early but improves later. either that or this difficulty is just a grind where they're damage sponges
    Never played the hard modes on Horizon but if you end up playing NieR Automata (amazing game) stay away from them. The button mashing super hectic Bayonetta style combat does not mix well with two hits and you're dead.

Thread Information