My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA on Thursday fined Golden State Warriors minority owner Mark Stevens $500,000 and banned him from games and all other team events for the next season after he pushed Toronto Raptors guard Kyle Lowry during Game 3 of the NBA Finals.

Stevens shoved Lowry in the right shoulder after he jumped into the first row of seats opposite the Warriors bench while trying to save a loose ball. He also told Lowry to “go … yourself” multiple times, Lowry said.

“I don’t know him. I don’t care to know him,” Lowry said. “He showed his true colors at the time. And you show what you’re really about in that time and at that moment.”

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver weighed in on the subject later in the day.

“It’s not a science in making these decisions,” Silver said. “Ultimately, we felt that given how contrite Mr. Stevens was — he was extraordinarily apologetic — the fact that he had no blemishes on his prior involvement with the NBA or the Warriors, a one-year ban seemed appropriate.

“I’d like to think whether there’s an issue that involves a team investor or a player, that everyone is afforded due process and that we don’t necessarily respond to immediate sentiment of the most dramatic thing we can do in a situation. But that we act in a way we’d expect people to act towards us if we made a mistake. Ultimately here, there’s no question that Mr. Stevens made a terrible mistake. And from my standpoint, he’s paying an enormous price for it — not just in terms of the discipline, the ban and the fine — but reputationally in his community as well. My sense is he really understands that and has taken it to heart.”

According to his LinkedIn profile, Stevens has been a minority owner since 2013. He’s also the managing partner of S-Cubed Capital and, according to Forbes, he has an estimated net worth of $2.3 billion.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/l...606-story.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Not an exact science. There is of course a science to it.

If you are somebody and rich, you get a one year ban. If you are a nobody, you get banned for life and we will sue your ass off.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Jazz fans have been banned for life for using the nword with no physical altercation. And I'm not saying that's right or wrong. But dude physically shoved Lowry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see people downolaying the shove. Yes it was just a shove but the danger here is that your shoving someone who is going through a very compe ive game.

Should be banned for life from taking courtside seats. 500k is also nothing.

Although selling his shares is just stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see people downolaying the shove. Yes it was just a shove but the danger here is that your shoving someone who is going through a very compe ive game.

Should be banned for life from taking courtside seats. 500k is also nothing.

Although selling his shares is just stupid.
    The people downplaying the shove are idiots

The severity of the shove is literally irrelevant, the intent was clear..if you're sitting courtside at an NBA game, you know the risk, it's even stated on your ticket..

Even if you want to downplay the severity of the physical act, imagine if Lowry had done the same to him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perkins said he would have reacted differently

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Thing about taking on the risks of sitting courtside, Lowry didn't even jump into him. Looked like dude didn't even get touched in the process. It appeared he just shoved him because Lowry was simply in close enough proximity to shove. It wasn't a response to getting leapt on. That's why there's really no defensible justification for the shove, let alone the "go yourself" attacks.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The year ban and 500k was the least the team could do. I think not allowing him to sit court side again when his suspension would be apropos. White rich peepo. But to force him to sell his share, that's a tad much. Not excusing the action, but alcohol had to be involved.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This was worse than Sterling

Lol @ NBA overreacting with Donald and now forced to act accordingly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be banned from games for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be banned from games for life.
    Pretty much, dude could've potentially kicked off another malice at the palace had Lowry not been so restrained with his reaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do white people need to drink alcohol during sporting events?

ing clowns

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Why do white people need to drink alcohol during sporting events?

ing clowns
    Boredom. We have higher standards. It is also why Asians get tanked at their baseball games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Not an exact science. There is of course a science to it.

If you are somebody and rich, you get a one year ban. If you are a nobody, you get banned for life and we will sue your ass off.
    Sure, but the inexact science was determining whether this idiot was a somebody or a nobody. He was labeled a "part-owner" by some, and just a general "investor" by others. Of course, with the show it became, the Dubs distanced themselves from the guy and said "investor, not part owner". That made it even more complex, as it swayed more toward lifetime ban. But he is rich, and an investor, so... mea culpa and 1 year break.

Don't want to dissuade other investors from their courtside access to the action.

As somebody said before on here, it's these types of guys/seats that pay the players' salaries, not your stupid $5 free tacos seats in section 203.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The year ban and 500k was the least the team could do. I think not allowing him to sit court side again when his suspension would be apropos. White rich peepo. But to force him to sell his share, that's a tad much. Not excusing the action, but alcohol had to be involved.
    I would sell it at a higher price than it's worth. I'd take this opportunity to bargain. Want me out of here? Out of the team, buy my share out of price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billionaires are a dime a dozen. Ban the !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boredom. We have higher standards. It is also why Asians get tanked at their baseball games.
    tbh, what bothered you more, the fact white dude apologized or Lowry not it up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Lowry talking about class needs to get off his high horse. This is the same guy who called Dellavedova a pussy in a game.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    tbh, what bothered you more, the fact white dude apologized or Lowry not it up?
    I actually sided with Lowry while watching the game. Worse than Sterling, "get on your knees" or phone in face; which NBA cracked down each.

I'm not a neo-con type that ass kisses the wealthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can come fund the Spurs. Maybe we can get a 2nd tier player like Kyrie Irving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical liberal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver showed weakness here. Stern would have given him the appropriate lifetime ban, same as any fan.

Now the power players know that Silver can be talked out of doing the right thing.

Weak.

Thread Information