Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1098
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you have to move Bertans and Beli (I'd be good with Forbes too of course) and bring in a combo forward that can defend either position...somebody like Ariza/Aminu would be nice....

Dejounte/Fatty
    DWhite/Forbes/Lonnie
    Derozan/MLE Combo Forward/Lonnie/Keldon
    Gay/MLE Combo Forward/Samancic
    LMA/Poetl/Samancic

Metu/Eubanks are expendable (though I'm fine keeping Drew as the third big).....

Probably a 2nd round exit team unless the 3 guards make giant leaps next season....

I think that's a pretty good assessment. I'd really like to see them trip into a good backup PG who is really a PG. I'll go on record right now that I think the Spurs ought to sign Josh Perkins to a 2-way contract right away. I think he's the steal of the UFA class, and he checks a box that the Spurs need checked.

The problem with that other player you want to bring in is that the Spurs absolutely have to keep enough 3P threats. Bertans and Belli are both undependable, but the can make 3's. Anybody else they bring in has to be at least as good from the perimeter. Samanic has a lot more confidence in his 3P shooting than most people here, and I hope he can live up to his claim to be able to "spread the floor for the guards". Weatherspoon will, I believe, be an excellent NBA 3P shooter, but he's not going to be ready this year, IMO. So you can pretty much figure out what the Spurs need to fill out the roster - good luck trying to figure out who that is on the Spurs budget. Ariza will be playing his 16th season, and Aminu's 3P% is just high enough to encourage him to shoot them when he shouldn't.

I'll go on the record again and say that my pick to fill out the roster would be Darius Miller. I think he checks the needed boxes well enough, and I think he'll be available on the Spurs' budget. TBH, I like him a lot better than a bunch of guys who will cost a whole lot more.

So there it is: Bring in Milutinov, Darius Miller, and Josh Perkins. Trim off the excess fat, and call it an offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fansided, whoever they are. You can't judge Walker because of the injury, but if he lives up to his potential he's a fit on just about any team. Metu has some incredible physical attributes, and was more than worth a flyer at 49. I wonder if the who wrote the article can point to someone better who was available at 49? Maybe Alize Johnson or Tony Carr?

Speaking of s, Fansided had Bol Bol as the 5th best player in the draft. And the guy who wrote the article thought that Ty Jerome, Jontay Porter, and Jalen Lecque were all "second round steals". Jerome was drafted 24th, and the other two were undrafted. Any of you crowing about Fansided confirming your ty take on tonight's draft ought to keep in mind just how worthless their own draft predictions were. It took me a good 3 minutes to find out how stupid they are - but I already knew that when the guy talked about a 49th draft pick being a ing "disaster".

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth bombs. Hurts to read but a lot of truth here. Spurs have been undergoing a lot of brain drain the past few years as all the talented people are jumping ship to brighter pastures. The same two geniuses that offered Fatty and Gasoft 90 million continue to make all the wrong decisions. Don't be surprised when they offer Rudy that 4 year loyalty contract in the next few weeks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a scout for the Sixers. They wanted Luka at 20, he wouldn't have made it to us at 29. So it's one data point but it's clear he wouldn't have fallen. Johnson's set to be a Danny Green replacement for us if Chip can improve his shot.

Unfortunately, we threw away pick 49, watched him in SEC play against A&M and he'll never make it out of Austin unless the Spurs just need to kill some regular season minutes.

As an aside, it's disgusting to me to watch Golden State buy a pick year after year in the second round. Spurs need to adjust to the new way of doing things that elite teams like GS are doing in the draft and do the same. Yeah I know we're small market but damnit budget that 2.5 million and go get yourself a guy that slips to the second, those picks can be bought.
    76ers didn't have the 20th pick, Boston did and forced Philly into a trade for them to get Thybulle.

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/s...12013922344960

Thybulle himself says the reason he didn't do workouts was Philly's interest in him.

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/s...27822446997505

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything I hear from my friends who really follow Euro play, plus every press tidbit I've read all say that he is absolutely ready to make the move. Like seriously ready, maybe to the point of getting his feelings hurt if they don't bring him over this year. Rumors are worth what you pay for them, but I get the feeling these have wings.
    He was a nominee in the Euro League MVP race, he's definitely ready for the NBA. Problem is Spurs cap space. They only have the MLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ja Morant: "my dad was my first hater"... maybe the best quote of this year draft!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told you not to get excited about the rumors of a trade.

I think I am a little disappointed not bc of the merits of each pick but bc the guys will need time to develop (naturally) and I don't think they will help much next year.
    I doubt any of them sticks in SA beyond their rookie deal. I think they drafted a fairly redundant big, yet another guard for their growing collection, and third guy who is too small to be a legit NBA 3. But I will keep my fingers crossed that they make a trade or two and sign a good FA to shore up the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt any of them sticks in SA beyond their rookie deal. I think they drafted a fairly redundant big, yet another guard for their growing collection, and third guy who is too small to be a legit NBA 3. But I will keep my fingers crossed that they make a trade or two and sign a good FA to shore up the roster.
    There's also a lot of serviceable free agents this year. So you can't really go crazy about late and second round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's also a lot of serviceable free agents this year. So you can't really go crazy about late and second round picks.
    I don't think we can get by with the likes of Q-Pon and Dante again this season. We really need to sign a good FA. But I think it is more important to eliminate the logjam in the backcourt. I am hoping (rationally or not) that the Spurs will move both Dumbmar and Marco. I know that Bryn and Patty are redundant, but I like Forbes (and I think Pop does, too), and I do not see Patty ever being traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything I hear from my friends who really follow Euro play, plus every press tidbit I've read all say that he is absolutely ready to make the move. Like seriously ready, maybe to the point of getting his feelings hurt if they don't bring him over this year. Rumors are worth what you pay for them, but I get the feeling these have wings.
    I thought asking for Jakob in that infamous trade was a headscratcher when they already had Milutinov waiting to join the team. At some point he was going to have to put pressure on the Spurs to bring him over or set him free if he really wanted to come over but it has been difficult to discern exactly what’s going on with him. Thanks for your analysis. It makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought asking for Jakob in that infamous trade was a headscratcher when they already had Milutinov waiting to join the team. At some point he was going to have to put pressure on the Spurs to bring him over or set him free if he really wanted to come over but it has been difficult to discern exactly what’s going on with him. Thanks for your analysis. It makes sense.
    Milutinov will never be a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milutinov will never be a Spur.
    I thought the same until now. Now I don’t know.

I don’t know what role Samanic will have either. I foresee some GLeague bc he’s still a very young big and they usually need time to develop. He has been touted as a shooter some places but doesn’t seem like one and if he’s going to be a non shooter energy big, then I don’t know where Milutinov fits either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the draft over and free agency/summer looming, their path is so straightforward and simple that I fully expect them to it up somehow and keep all of Forbes/Beli/Bertans, while trying to figure out a way to retain QPon or Cunningham....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the draft over and free agency/summer looming, their path is so straightforward and simple that I fully expect them to it up somehow and keep all of Forbes/Beli/Bertans, while trying to figure out a way to retain QPon or Cunningham....

LOL! ing Eeyore.

I wish I could say for sure that you aren't right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d hate to see this forum when the Spurs don’t actually make the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its pretty obvious that Pop is banking on Murray to be the difference maker on both ends and propel us to at best the WCF. I love Pop but i have to disagree with him. Our window opens up when Derozan and LMA's contract come to an end and the young players have a few years of development. Becky or (Bud) and RC have to deliver then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope if we don’t trade LMA an DEROZZ for lottery pick then we a 30 plus team for yrs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody know if Louis King signed with anybody yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay tuned...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its pretty obvious that Pop is banking on Murray to be the difference maker on both ends and propel us to at best the WCF. I love Pop but i have to disagree with him. Our window opens up when Derozan and LMA's contract come to an end and the young players have a few years of development. Becky or (Bud) and RC have to deliver then.
    I disagree. I think LMA and DD need help. I think they need a good starter and also one of Murray and White to make bigger leaps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, in other words, in 2045?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew it . . .

Ever since the infamous trade, logic has dictated that, barring a repeat of last year when an ideal fit unexpected falls into their lap at 19, they should be trading up . . . and yet, despite clearly having the assets (Heat at 13 and Pistons at 15 are prime targets), I have no confidence in them actually pulling the trigger.

I'm sure they'll get cold feet and play it safe like usual. If they do, I get the sense 19 will be underwhelming. They were lucky to get Murray and Walker where they did (White too, though he was projected in that range), law of averages means it's unlikely to continue.

Worst draft since '13 (maybe '15, but it was secondary to news of Aldridge likely signing). I hated everything about this draft. Passing on Little was insane and not because Samanic couldn't be better in a vacuum, but because it doesn't even matter if he is.

The former is the most coveted, difficult archetype to find and the exact one they need. If if hits (which in his case means gets a reliable spot up 3), he's the kind of role player who could start and close for an elite team deep in the playoffs.

If Samanic hits, he's more than likely a third big, who's impact is muted if not played off the floor altogether deep in the playoffs.

Neither Samanic or Johnson checks any specific box. The latter is probably the least impressive of the wings who were 1st round locks. "Playing hard" is basically his one standout skill, which would be nice if he were a finishing center. Instead, he's another wing with a shaky jumper, who lacks the size to defend big wings. They already have 3 of those and they're all better prospects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of quotable lines here from people who will be eating crow when these kids pan out...especially td 21. How can you even bet against the Spurs selection process at this point? Ive said it since the beginning... Little is garbage and im glad the Spurs didnt value him either. "another wing with a shaky jumper who lacks the size to defend big wings" can be used as a description for Little, and it probably makes more sense for him too. Little is shorter than Johnson. Johnson is also a much better shooter than him. Save this thread forever. We need to go back to it in a few years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of quotable lines here from people who will be eating crow when these kids pan out...especially td 21. How can you even bet against the Spurs selection process at this point? Ive said it since the beginning... Little is garbage and im glad the Spurs didnt value him either. "another wing with a shaky jumper who lacks the size to defend big wings" can be used as a description for Little, and it probably makes more sense for him too. Little is shorter than Johnson. Johnson is also a much better shooter than him. Save this thread forever. We need to go back to it in a few years.
    Oh that's right, I forgot, they're batting .1000 and are above reproach.

Within' reason, height doesn't matter. Length and strength matter more. Look no further than S bag and Green. Little's physical profile is close to S bag's, while Johnson's is close to Green's. One is suited to defending big wings, the other is suited to defending traditional wings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They arent batting .1000 but theyre closer to that than the rest of the league. Youre questioning one of the their biggest strengths as an organization...their scouting.

I would agree with you if youre going to question their trade movement or lack thereof. But their scouting is top notch.

Thread Information