Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his future determines on pos popa giving hiim any meaningful minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bradley Beal would be physically he just looks like Bradley Beal. He also kinda looks like Donovan Mitc . A good comp would be early Jalen Rose when he wasn’t a ball dominant point-forward

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can be a solid 3/D guy I will be happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floor - Stanley Johnson
    Ceiling - Marcus Smart who can hit wide open 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like a natural.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets hope he turns out to be a new Bruce Bowen. I don't expect much from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets hope he turns out to be a new Bruce Bowen. I don't expect much from him.
    You don’t expect much, only that he’d have a career worthy of his jersey being retired?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t expect much, only that he’d have a career worthy of his jersey being retired?
    Thats what i'm hoping he becomes but hope is different than what i expect which isn't much tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you not read the last part...? skill sets aka 3 and D. You are getting lost in the details. Anyone on this thread could've criticized the comparisons to Wade or anyone else if you go strictly into details. We are talking skill sets here. What can the kid do and not do.
    I agree with Harlem. Saying "Green with handles" implies at his floor he will be as good as Green at shooting and defense but with something extra. Danny is one of the best role-players ever in terms of his sheer impact. Johnson may reach that level, but it's far, far, far from a given. I think a lot of Spurs fans have it in their heads that Green was a generic three-and-D guy for the team that they could have just swapped out for another three-and-D guy with little loss. That's just not true. Danny isn't the paradigm of three-and-D wings. He's the paragon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have not seen the game so hard to judge but looking at his highlights of the game, I feel that he doesn't have big hoops. He can shoot the three, his handles are not the best but they seem better than Green for sure. I'd say that he is probably a Danny Green with potential to score an extra 5 points/game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floor Wes Matthews, ceiling Rip Hamilton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ceiling is Klay Thompson. Our 3 draft picks in this draft may all turn out to be studs. Kawhi didnt have great handles for 2-3 years. He worked on it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floor: NBA dropout in 1 year

Ceiling: Mario Elie
    He's a #29 pick. Until he gets more games to prove otherwise, his floor has to be "washed out of the league in 2-3 years" like a bunch of other late first-rounders. Not that I think he's going to be nearly that bad.
    I agree,
    Floor is out of the league, or bouncing around team to team.

Let's not over react. He had good game in the SLC summer league. He got a fair # of points off of bad Memphis play.
    I'm encouraged, but it's summer league and not even the main summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got an OK game in Summer league against nobody. ONE game. Let's keep cool heads.

We need all the shooting we can find, so that's good.

To me though it is very worrisome his lack of verticality. Yes he has good long arms and seem to understrand the game, he is smart on where to be on the floor. But it is hard if he'll be overjumped on almost each possession.

Unless he finds verticality and at least 15 pounds of musles he'll have a hard time seeing the NBA floor soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you not read the last part...? skill sets aka 3 and D. You are getting lost in the details. Anyone on this thread could've criticized the comparisons to Wade or anyone else if you go strictly into details. We are talking skill sets here. What can the kid do and not do.
    The Danny Green comparison is just lazy dude. He's probably never going to be as good on d or shooting 3s, but he'll be better at off the dribble, passing and a bunch of other stuff tbh. A better comparison would be a 3-d guy with a broader but more balanced overall skillset

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got an OK game in Summer league against nobody. ONE game. Let's keep cool heads.

To me though it is very worrisome his lack of verticality. Yes he has good long arms and seem to understrand the game, he is smart on where to be on the floor. But it is hard if he'll be overjumped on almost each possession.

Unless he finds verticality and at least 15 pounds of musles he'll have a hard time seeing the NBA floor soon.
    Sorry why does he need verticality when he has great anticipation of loose balls and knows how to work angles when laying it up?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floor: NBA dropout in 1 year

Ceiling: Mario Elie
    This is pretty close to reality in my eyes. Barring an injury, when it comes to his floor, I think the Spurs will work with him for at least this season and next. Then he'll catch on somewhere else and be out of the league after his third year. Mario Elie is good comp for his ceiling. KJ does seem to have some that intangible compe iveness that helps inferior players stick around and be impactful.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty close to reality in my eyes. Barring an injury, when it comes to his floor, I think the Spurs will work with him for at least this season and next. Then he'll catch on somewhere else and be out of the league after his third year. Mario Elie is good comp for his ceiling. KJ does seem to have some that intangible compe iveness that helps inferior players stick around and be impactful.
    are you high?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte said James Harden with defense.

What the , man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry why does he need verticality when he has great anticipation of loose balls and knows how to work angles when laying it up?
    Because the other NBA players have it. You can have great positioning against a college player or a G-league player and it will be fine. In the NBA you get blocked or rebounded on, all the time. It is physics, angles. Nowadays even 7 footers have a good verticality, or they wouldn't play in the NBA.

If he has some to develop, the staff will develop it. If he hasn't in him, he'll not be able to play MNA basketball. I trust they checked the relevant metrics before drafting him, anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a ceiling, possibly a modern day version of Alex English?...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything that’s being generous. If he becomes more than that, great, but this guy is a small 3 and D at best and likely not athletic enough to hang with most quality 2’s.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his future determines on pos popa giving hiim any meaningful minutes
    This is the issue. He won’t get meaningful minutes and that will stunt his growth. Senile craterface needs to change his final three years and play young rookies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think you're right about the verticality but imo he has an above average verticality, not very good but ok imo.

Thread Information