Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem I have is that NBA deals haven't been enforceable until signed tbh. It's a league problem. There is a lot of going back and forth and contingencies built in. And just bc an agreement is announced doesn't mean there's an agreement tbh. It's too much to ask a guy to leave $5 million on the table when he had already let it be known to his agent that he wanted to get paid and an offer for more sprung up while he wasn't signed. The NBA allows offers to be made to players that are not under contract. All sorts of problems can pop up. Spurs wouldn't have been in a position to even offer the money to Morris until they dealt Bertans into another teams capspace anyways. The NYK offer popped up almost concurrently when that happened bc it was reported that the Spurs knew before hand and there were rumors about it kept under wraps. Heck Spurs were looking to deal Belinelli to get a shooting forward b4 this became public. Paul jumped the gun on that announcement while there were still other possibilities and Morris wanted more $ all along which he knew. Something similar happened with Noel this season. After his agreement was announced another subsequently dropped that he was holding off to consider other offers.
    Not true. Morris was offered the MLE, and didn't use a dime of the space created by the Bertans trade. The problem was that SA had already offered part of the MLE to Demarre Carroll, and rather than appear to revoke that offer, they created the space for Carroll with the trade, so that he wasn't left hanging. In today's NBA, they absolutely could have left Carroll hanging, and waited out Morris. When he reneged, they could have then circled back around and re-offered part of the MLE to Carroll and kept Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The anti-Klutch narrative was more fun than Morris just being a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. Morris was offered the MLE, and didn't use a dime of the space created by the Bertans trade. The problem was that SA had already offered part of the MLE to Demarre Carroll, and rather than appear to revoke that offer, they created the space for Carroll with the trade, so that he wasn't left hanging. In today's NBA, they absolutely could have left Carroll hanging, and waited out Morris. When he reneged, they could have then circled back around and re-offered part of the MLE to Carroll and kept Bertans.
    technicality. You know what I meant. There wasn't money to be offered until that trade. If they didn't want Carroll they wouldn't have pursued him. They wanted Carroll regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing the Clips offer was a 3/$41 million? That would have been before the Kawhi/George signing. Even so, he could have signed with a stable ascending team in LA, with a good coach and owner, instead of signing with the worst team in the league buried behind three other PFs.
    What a horrific stupid mistake. He had a chance to ring next year.

Glad he got owned. Karma is a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing the Clips offer was a 3/$41 million? That would have been before the Kawhi/George signing. Even so, he could have signed with a stable ascending team in LA, with a good coach and owner, instead of signing with the worst team in the league buried behind three other PFs.
    What a horrific stupid mistake. He had a chance to ring next year.
    I'm pretty sure it was 4/$41M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure it was 4/$41M
    The more I think about, you're probably right. Probably a 4 year with the 4th year player option. So about $10 million per. He declines that offer for the Spurs 2 year $21 million with one year player option. He must have initially thought he could put up good numbers with the Spurs and cash in next year. Instead he went for the Knick $15 million one year. Total idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The anti-Klutch narrative was more fun than Morris just being a
    That is racist
    You said instead of pussy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is racist
    You said instead of pussy
    that would be sexist, not racist. and i've already done time, was banned a week for misogyny on some weak tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would be sexist, not racist. and i've already done time, was banned a week for misogyny on some weak tbh
    lmao so victim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris’ super-agent, Rich Paul, was not involved directly in Morris breaking his verbal agreement with the Spurs, according to a source, and the Knicks and Morris worked on a new deal together. The source reports Paul preferred Morris stick to his original agreement and the two are headed toward a breakup over the incident.
    https://nypost.com/2019/07/16/marcus...lming-top-duo/

The New York Knicks forward reneged on an agreement he made to join the San Antonio Spurs earlier this month because he felt he “felt he was not informed properly of the Spurs deal,” The Boston Globe’s Gary Washburn reported Sunday, citing an NBA source. Morris reportedly accepted the Spurs’ two-year, $20 million contract offer July 6, but he backed out of the agreement with San Antonio five days later and picked the Knicks’ one-year, $15 million deal instead.

We don’t know exactly what information about the Spurs contract Morris felt he lacked, but whatever was missing was serious enough to warrant him reportedly firing Rich Paul as his agent over the weekend. Morris reportedly rejected a three-year, $41 million contract offer from the Los Angeles Clippers before choosing the Spurs.
    Perhaps something took place during that sequence of events that triggered his flip-flop.

https://nesn.com/2019/07/nba-rumors-...joined-knicks/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like Rich Paul was the good guy here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like good PR to blame both sides. Just move on and be more vigilante and cautious with this stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Morris straight up backed out and lied about it. The Knicks should be put to blame. Going after a player with a verbal agreement is bush league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he's trying to save face? Now this
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/powerfu...161738702.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like it is not only plantar fasciitis he's struggling with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, a back injury is quasi career threatening, but the Knicks still did him dirty if he can return and play. His medical bill will not be in the millions to the Knicks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, a back injury is quasi career threatening, but the Knicks still did him dirty if he can return and play. His medical bill will not be in the millions to the Knicks
    Not really. Not if the offer NY gave and conditioned on him passing a physical, a fairly common requirement, then pulling the contract when it is clear he could miss a big part of the season would be a typical move by a team. Morris is going where the most money is...NY is paying the player the least amount they can. That's how the market works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Not if the offer NY gave and conditioned on him passing a physical, a fairly common requirement, then pulling the contract when it is clear he could miss a big part of the season would be a typical move by a team. Morris is going where the most money is...NY is paying the player the least amount they can. That's how the market works.
    This is a Union issue so it's not that simple. You're correct that the Knicks could walk away, but they could've offered an amount that represented his post init value. They didn't, they gave him a scrap offer after using his offer on Morris.

The union should require teams to honor contracts for small injuries. Teams should not be assholes to players.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I blame Morris and Paul AND the Knicks? Just trying to be fair.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is a Union issue so it's not that simple. You're correct that the Knicks could walk away, but they could've offered an amount that represented his post init value. They didn't, they gave him a scrap offer after using his offer on Morris.

The union should require teams to honor contracts for small injuries. Teams should not be assholes to players.
    BS

Bullock has a back issue. He has never done a damn thing for the Knicks. These players are independent contracts. The Knicks did not owe him anything. They were fair to him. He is 27 and will have a paycheck and surgery paid for by them.

That is a great deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rivalry with the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rivalry with the Knicks.