Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Yes Nash won less games in '06 due to Amare being out all year. That doesn't make Nash less of an MVP; think if Shaq lost Kobe in '00, how many do the Lakers win? Then again, I think Kobe deserved the '06 MVP over Nash that specific year because Kobe had a ridiculous season and led an otherwise bad team to the playoffs. Wade was the other guy I would have picked over Nash in '06.
    If Kobe was a better shooter, something closer to KD, and he came in at 34 ppg with a few more wins, he would've won it. Media was begging to give it to him all year long. But they couldn't give it to him over Lebron, who had better stats and five more wins.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win shares one of the most useless stats ever. Even if they're ballpark, they completely ignore that it's just a persistent use of an option that may not be the best option.
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kobe was a better shooter, something closer to KD, and he came in at 34 ppg with a few more wins, he would've won it. Media was begging to give it to him all year long. But they couldn't give it to him over Lebron, who had better stats and five more wins.
    Five more wins in the Least is worth less than five less wins in the Best, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five more wins in the Least is worth less than five less wins in the Best, tbh.
    Debatable. All the same, Kobe had indisputably inferior stats. Only the scoring was even; even that at lower FG percent.

If Kobe were a real MJ subs ute, he would've won it. He as given the chance to chuck his ass off and he could only get 31 at the 45 W level. He knew that was minimum win mark, but he just couldn't get the scoring up cos, well, he is the all-time brick leader for a reason.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You smokin' some serious sh** brah.

J/K. We all know you racist AF.
    I guess you disowned Dirk after he 'crossed over' . WOAT poster doing WOAT thangs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debatable. All the same, Kobe had indisputably inferior stats. Only the scoring was even; even that at lower FG percent.

If Kobe were a real MJ subs ute, he would've won it. He as given the chance to chuck his ass off and he could only get 31 at the 45 W level. He knew that was minimum win mark, but he just couldn't get the scoring up cos, well, he is the all-time brick leader for a reason.
    "All time brick leader" is a nominal stat. Can't compare using nominal stats, lmao. Kobe had to shoot his ass off because his (starting) teammates were Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom & Devean George. And a ghastly bench.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you disowned Dirk after he 'crossed over' . WOAT poster doing WOAT thangs.
    You makin' no sense, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "All time brick leader" is a nominal stat. Can't compare using nominal stats, lmao. Kobe had to shoot his ass off because his (starting) teammates were Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom & Devean George. And a ghastly bench.
    So in other words two all-stars on a team. That's sufficient to make the playoffs. Kobe was given the green light to take any and all shots. He couldn't make enough shots to get MVP. 34 PPG would've done it. Media was begging to give him the MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in other words two all-stars on a team. That's sufficient to make the playoffs. Kobe was given the green light to take any and all shots. He couldn't make enough shots to get MVP. 34 PPG would've done it. Media was begging to give him the MVP.
    Odumb made the ASG how many times again over a long career? His BBIQ was terrible. He was a vestige of that late 90s, early 00s Clipper ball with Darius Miles, Ricky Davis, Corey Maggette etc. that was simply a pick up game of... alternate isos and see who could make the most contested long 2s late in the shot clock.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odumb made the ASG how many times again over a long career? His BBIQ was terrible. He was a vestige of that late 90s, early 00s Clipper ball with Darius Miles, Ricky Davis, Corey Maggette etc. that was simply a pick up game of... alternate isos and see who could make the most contested long 2s late in the shot clock.
    Odom was a top twenty player. Blaming the supporting cast is a copout. Kobe otherwise gets a pass for not getting to 50 W's in the stronger conference. It's not like he's Tim Duncan level.

But I'll say I misstated the stat line earlier....

05-06 at 35 ppg and 45 W's. Yea, I'm surprised that the league didn't give their "current Michael Jordan" / "heir apparent" his first MVP already. I think Kobe must've pissed off a lot of media. I think a lot of them must not've been eager to vote for a rapist either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odom was a top twenty player. Blaming the supporting cast is a copout. Kobe otherwise gets a pass for not getting to 50 W's in the stronger conference. It's not like he's Tim Duncan level.

But I'll say I misstated the stat line earlier....

05-06 at 35 ppg and 45 W's. Yea, I'm surprised that the league didn't give their "current Michael Jordan" / "heir apparent" his first MVP already. I think Kobe must've pissed off a lot of media. I think a lot of them must not've been eager to vote for a rapist either.
    When?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might be overstating it. But a 3/4 wing giving you 15/9 on 52 FG in that era was a solid 2 on pretty much any team at that time.

Thread Information